Aphrodite...Conceiving Tigers in 2010 - 17 Graduates so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joli I can't believe you got your BFP on the night I didn't check the thread before bed! So happy for you!!! I got so excited I was weepy (and a bit too clappy)! :) Huge congratulations to you and your DH!! :wohoo: I love seeing the tests!! Also happy belated birthday!! :hugs: Your mom was right!

I told DH! He had tears in his eyes and was sooo happy! The little shoes went down well too :) He confessed that earlier today, he was holding the kitten, and for a minute he was pretending that it was a little baby... awww....

So tonight I've tried a different brand early pregnancy test, and a line still showed up! pics attached. If you'd rather I posted these pics on another thread, please do let me know ok? I don't want to upset or offend anyone here, cause you're all such lovely lasses! :)

Aaaaah that's beautiful :hugs:

I, for one, have no problem you posting tests on here. I live to see them. I know people on the main TTC thread get uppity about it...but most of us have known each other long enough to feel happiness for a graduate rather than jealousy or anything nasty :thumbup:

Hey Hibiscus! Thanks for the message - looks like I'll just be 2 weeks behind you :) I have never had a bfp before, so I'm going to take the next few weeks cautiously as well. Are you feeling any symptoms yet?

Nicole and 2016, you guys are so sweet, I honestly don't know what I would do without all of Team Aphrodite - before I joined I felt so incredibly down and alone on this...none of my friends here are ttc, and nor do they have any interest in chatting about it. You guys helped me every single day stay positive, or give me encouragement when I was sad. Not to mention all the ranting! :) And I love that whilst we are all ttc, we can still be so happy for each other when one of us gets that bfp. What a team! xxx

Joli, just saw your second test, yeah bfp!!!!! Is it starting to sink in yet???? :)
I am so happy for you. Yes, go get those bloods done to confirm and put your mind at ease and you have to plan something totally special to tell DH. Keep us posted how you do :)
I will be stalking your pregnancy and you better keep us updated :)
i have this feeling, i will have to carry on the thread as 2016 will probably be next!! I cant believe there is only like 3 of us originals left....the BFPs for the rest of us must be right around the corner.
Hugs,

oh Joli, quick question did you get any spotting at all, for implantation?
cheers,

Hey Britt - it is starting to sink in now... I've done 3 tests today, 2 different brands, and all show a faint line, so I'm sure of the bfp... I just hope it sticks!! Hon, I know that you, 2016 and Nicole are not far behind at all!! It couldn't have happened for me without IUI - thank goodness for modern technology!! I'll see if I can get some bloods done tomorrow to ease my mind! If all goes well, don't you worry, I'll be keeping up to date with the team! I can't wait until we're all on the grad thread - what an amazing journey we'll all take together :) xxx

oh Joli, quick question did you get any spotting at all, for implantation?
cheers,

Zero implantation spotting, and no implantation dip in my temps either! Nothing unusual about cm... it was creamy the whole time, but not an unusual amount, I was just aware of it being pretty moist (sorry tmi!). But I did feel those wierd muscle aches, which were contstant, not on and off.

ahhh very cool and thanks for sharing.
and sorry, I just missed an entire page of posts. Awesome idea about the little shoes, so cute. I'm glad you told him its such happy news and you cant keep to yourself :)
The CB digis in Canada are 25muig, it says right on the box (i did one last cycle). Most girls that get a positive on a FRER seem to go on to get a positive on a digi soon after, so you could probably try tomorrow or the next like you said.
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the digis in HK are 50muig, but I'll take a look anyways! i'm loving all this POAS! - I have so many tests in the cupboard, I might as well use them up! haha x

make sure you post the pics (not of you peeing on them but after wards ;) lol) for us to see the progression!!!

YYYYYAAAYYY!!!!!!! Joli that is awesome!! wowowowwwowoowowow.. congrats to you and DH.. Yippi.. I see the lines.. cute idea with the shoes.. Awwwwwwww fantastic!!

:happydance::thumbup::dance::yipee::loopy:

Ive only been away for a day or so and look what happens - Joli :bfp::bfp::bfp: Whaaaay Haaaaaayy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I can see all your lines as clear as day, Im sure theyll get darker n darker. Cant wait to see your digi. Have a bucket load of babydust for an ultra sticky bean :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
I am so pleased for you, I really am. You deserve it so much. And I love your idea with the shoes.

I certainly don't mind you posting your tests on here, in fact I cant wait to see the next one!!

Hi Cara! Welcome to TEAM APHRODITE!! You'll find this bunch to be very warm and welcoming, and we're located in all time zones, so you'll never be without a pal any time of day or night! :)

I saw you're TTC on Mar 14th - did you try during O this month? Tell us about yourself :)

Some quick info on me, DH and I got married in March 2009, and we've been TTC since. After coming off the pill, I discovered that I had PCOS, and was not ovulating(!) and DH got tested, and his spemys were not great. So I went on clomid for 2 cycles so that I could ovulate, and this last cycle, I was using Gonal-F (injection pen) to ovulate, and we did an IUI whilst on holiday in South Africa. I'm now 9/10dpo, and wondering whether this is it... ! If not, the plan is to do IUI two more times, and then we would have no other real option but to move onto IVF. We live in Hong Kong, and we're both lawyers (zzzzzzz!), I just turned 30 yesterday (and DH is also 30). I play netball, just started yoga, love jazz music, movies, travelling, and we have 2 kittens!

Hi Joli ! Thanks for the Welcome. It's great to find such a large group of women with something like this in common !! :laugh2:

I didn't tyr anything during O this month... Well, that's not entirely true. But, you see, I am currently still on bcp right up until the 7th of Mar, which is when AF comes.

My DP & I have been together since Jan 5/09. It was an extremely tough situation, you could say a very messy ordeal. Sept `08 was when we first met... His then gf just happened to be bff's with one of my roommates. I would say it was an instant connection that we both felt, from the second we first saw eachother. I super like him, but his gf and I had become really good friends... and apparently he super liked me too. I will add that she treated him really badly and they were one of those couples that were always breaking up, and only getting back together because that is what he knew, and she was a terrific guilter. He and I didn't do anything aside from hang out and talk, then just after New Years she started asking him if he liked me, and finally, he told her to that he did. She eventually found out that I liked him as well, and then there was lots of confussion and heart ache and stress. I still remember clearly how one day she called me and told me that she loved him and would never stop fighting for him, which I completely understood... Until a few seconds later she asked me `as a friend` to back down. lol. It wasn't funny then, but now I can laugh. She didn't want to have to fight for him. I, on the other hand, was more than ready. I even handled it well 8 mths down the road when one of her friends accused me of sleeping with him behind her back [which never happened]. I can happily say that now, things are much better. :) That is just a bit about how we`ve stuck with it through many things, he even threatened his mom with not going to see her anymore if she didn`t give me a chance, and *now* she loves me. Hahah.

Aside from that I have been on bcp for about 2 yrs now and am super excited about starting a family with DP. At first I was telling him we were going to TTC in April, whether he liked it or not, then one night we were sitting in bed watching a movie and I decided that it was time we actually *talked* about it, and it was his suggestion that I come off my rx after this pack. I was astonished and supremely happy at the same time. Talk about an amazing Valentine's Day gift. :) We both live in Nova Scotia, Canada which is a beautiful area. I am 20 going on 21 in May and he is 19 going on 20 in June. I have a diploma in Accounting and he is finishing his Heavy Duty Truck and Transport diploma in April. I mostly enjoy reading and watching movies, and in the summer I loveeeee to swim, or just be in/near the water for that matter. I love pretty much all types of music, and would love to start yoga. We have one cat, he is 6 and HUGE... His name is Kitty. Haha.

|CONGRATS ON YOUR BFP HUNNI| !! :)

Cara welcome!!! as you can probably see this is like the luckiest thread and we desperately need new recruits as all the other members keep getting their BFPs!! :)
I ovulate in just under a week, look forward to sharing the journey with you.
baby dust

Haha. I am glad to have a chance to be a new recruit, hopefully this'll give me super luck so I get my BFP super soon. Haha. I am very impatient to get it, and I haven't actually begun the actuall process of TTC yet. :)

Hello Cara98 :wave: :flower: I will add you to the front page. As you can see, our ladies are getting preggo like mad so we need reinforcements!!! :rofl:

Thanks for accepting meeeee !! I'm super glad to be part of this !! <3

Welcome, Cara! This is a lucky thread, as the others have said haha.

Haha. Here's hoping some of that luck comes my wayyyyyy !!

Morning ladies!

Cara - thanks for sharing with us - sounds like you've been through an ordeal, but I'm so happy for you that you got your man! :) That's fantastic that you are both starting a family - it may take a couple of months for your body to get back to normal after bcp, so it's good to start now if you want to concieve around April - in saying that though, you were only on the bcp for 2 years, and you and DP are so young, I'm sure you guys will not have any problems!! :)

Thanks for the sweet words Ladybird and Devi!! I took another frer this morning, and the line is even clearer than yesterday. I called the nurse to get bloods today - she mentioned it was possible for the hcg trigger shot I had to still be in my body causing the bfp's, but when I told her my frer line was darker today than yesterday, she said that was a good sign, and told me to come in to get a test, so hopefully I'll have the results later today!!

I've done a digi test! It's quite a sensitive test, 25miu, and the result is good! Sorry for the blurry pic, it was taken on my blackberry - but you can see what it says!! :happydance: BUT I'm not in the clear yet... the nurse told me that it is possible to have a false positive from the trigger shot that I had. She said it was a good sign that my frer was darker today than yesterday, which is a sign of hcg on the rise, but I won't know 100% whether this is the real deal until about Thursday... that's 2 days to go! the waiting is agony... I think if this is a false +ve, I will be soooo dissapointed. I've been trying not to get too excited, but damn these digi tests!!

Attachments

• Digi test (23-2-10).jpg
    Digi test (23-2-10).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
Hey Joli, yeah, I see the pregs 1-2 weeks!!!!:happydance::happydance::thumbup:
Okay i am up late because I just got back from a late soccer game and need to wind down, so may be awhile.

I have questions!! why are they making you wait 2 days to get bloods back, it should come back the next day or same day, no??
also I cant see an HCG shot triggering a digi, is that even possible at 25muig?? Is this the first time you have taken HCG? because you never got a hint of a positive the other months, so surely this has to be it!!!

as well, i agree if it was HCG related the tests would probably get lighter not darker, right??

I have everything crossed, but hon I'm sure this is the real deal.
how are you feeling?
xx

Joli.....the words I LOVE to see! As for the trigger shot thing, I was browsing around and found this:

"44. How long does it take synthetic hCG (trigger shot) to leave my body before I can test for pregnancy? Every woman's metabolism is different, but as a general rule of thumb, you should allow 1 day for every 1,000 units of hCG you injected. The standard hCG dose is 10,000 units; thus, 10 days after the shot, the synthetic hCG should be gone and you should be able to test for pregnancy without detecting the shot."
https://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html#44

I really hope this isn't left over and, as you say, the lines getting stronger mean something is growing :happydance:
We are here to distract you until Thursday! :headspin:

Thanks Britt and 2016 - that's really useful info! I wasn't told that the trigger shot could cause a false +ve, so I never really paid attention to what dose my trigger was... I'm assuming it was the standard dose! If so, fx'd it was outta me at 10 days (which was at 7dpo). I'd be surprised if by today, which is 13 days post-trigger, it would still be in me - I'll find out what my beta level is later today... Bring on the darker lines!! I mean, I do 'feel' pregnant - (.)(.) still sore, and feel heavier.

..........ok....just got off the phone with FS - my beta is at 62miu!! He says to be cautiously optimistic, as there's a lot that can go wrong early on, but he said it's a +ve for sure!! He told me to come back in at the end of next week to take another blood test to make sure the beta is rising!! woohhooo!!!! :) :) :)

2016, your chart is looking fantastic!! I feel like your body has figured out where it wants to be, and it totally ready for a little bean to make its home!

Britt - I see you had a big temp drop today... could it be O? or too early?

62 is great!!!!

Let's hope my body has figured itself out - talk about high maintenance....eeeesh!

Didn't think britt was temping this cycle.....:shrug:

haha, I totally understand about bodies being high maintenance! Mine had to be pumped full of meds in order to cooperate! I think it would be so fantastic for you to get your BFP naturally, and I think the acu has been so great. Britt - I think you really enjoyed your first acu? How often will you go?

If you click on Britt's name on the front page... she's temping! Or am I just imagining things again - feel like my mind keeps playing tricks on me! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"