Aphrodite...Conceiving Tigers in 2010 - 17 Graduates so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can`t see a line on any of them so I dunno, I have bad eyes though

Thanks girls. I am thinking its probably a slightly fault one. I have looked back at pics of old, definitely negative FRERs and there is no line that comes out no matter how much you tweak it.
I have bad cramps and backache and my ovaries feel swollen and heavy which normally means :af: is coming. She can't because of the progesterone - she is only coming on Monday/Tuesday after I stop the progesterone and say she can. :smug:

Thanks girls. I am thinking its probably a slightly fault one. I have looked back at pics of old, definitely negative FRERs and there is no line that comes out no matter how much you tweak it.
I have bad cramps and backache and my ovaries feel swollen and heavy which normally means :af: is coming. She can't because of the progesterone - she is only coming on Monday/Tuesday after I stop the progesterone and say she can. :smug:

You never know! AF and period can feel eerily similar :D

I'm sitting here wondering why I wanted this so badly---I have felt SO sick for the last day. I think I might go to the BR and force something up. It's not a good feeling.

Also: I have had a couple of sharp pains around my left ovary and I'm thinking it's either gas or my corpus luteum is exploding. Only BnB addicts would think of such a thing!

Hi everyone!

First of all, let me just say a big WOOHOOOOO to Hibiscus!! 27,000, fantastic hcg for 6 weeks!! That's so exciting!! It doesn't even sound like you would need the progesterone! I'm not sure why my gyno put me on progesterone - I had bloods on 7dpo, and my progesterone levels were normal. But I figure it can't hurt! I can't wait to get my next bloods done...I'm debating between 5 or 6 weeks - I know I should probably wait for 6 weeks, but I'm so curious to find out what's going on inside of me. Time seems to be going by soooo slowly!

I've had very occasional mind aches since last night around my left ovary... I'm hoping that it's just my giant follies, and not an ectopic or anything serious... BBs still big and sore today, so as long as they keep going, I think I'm ok...!

Thanks, Joli! It really is such a relief.
Yeah, the progesterone probably can't hurt. This time really does go sooo slow.

I actually just started having ovary aches, too. My left ovary. I wonder if it's just intestinal, though, since I'm feeling a bit constipated.

The big sore boobies are a great sign--haha! I thought mine were bad and then they've gotten like way worse this week. So, I think you probably have even more soreness in store.
I started getting nauseated last week, right at about 5w3d, but then it got worse a couple of days ago, esp the last 24 hours. I just had to go in the BR and throw up. It made me feel better though. Maybe I'll lose some weight, although I don't know if that's a great idea at this stage.

Let me know if/when you start getting nausea. I wouldn't be surprised if it hits you in the next 7 or 10 days.

Ok girls...let the analysis commence!

First test is from this morning at about 3 minutes, unretouched.

Second one is a tweaked b&w version of the same test.

Third one is from the now very old test held up against the light and tweaked to hell :rofl:

I think the test line is a bit close to the control. I count this as :bfn: but it's fun to squint!

mmmm that is a bit of a funny one. I definately see something but it is close to the control line. Not sure what to make of it tbh hun. Xx

2016..... In the first, untweaked piccie I see two lines - the one you have marked which I agree seems a little too close to the other line BUT I also see a faint line in the correct place just to the left. However it is super faint and difficult to say whether it could be the start of a beautiful BFP for you or a nasty evap! I hope it's not the latter. Will be looking out early tomorrow for your next test!!! ;) I wonder if that frer of yours is one of those dodgey ones with 3 lines?! If so, you may be able to contact first response for a free replacement!!!! Good luck hun x

Hold the phone! Just checked again and saw on the thread discussing faulty FRERs that someone got a dodgy one from the same batch as the test I have used. Going to send it back for a freebie but, basically, I have to disregard this mornings test completely.
Guess I just have to test again tomorrow. Another FRER but a different batch. Not sure I like FRERs anymore :grr:

2016 - i see soemthing in the first one.. you are still early though. cant wait to see tomorrows if you are going to test..

Hey 2016, i definitely saw a second pink line, not sure where its suppose to be. Darn it that you got one from the batch of the bad ones, cant believe they put those on the shelf. I hope they exchange it for a new one which show a clear bfp!!!!
I am not convinced FRER's are the end all and be all actually, i have seen many ladies test positive on other tests befor FRER's. I may get a CB test this cycle...we'll see
Good luck, look forward to the next test
Hugs,

hi everyone, sorry bout the neg 2016 but dont give up... says her who is a negative nelly atm and losing faith this evening, I have no symptoms only my stupid achey boobs as usual im still not testing till monday (if i can hold out that long) which I doubt! I been working on special care baby unit last couple o days and been feeding and holding as many babies as poss hoping some of there babyness rubs off on me or my bosy realeses some chemical when i brood over them lol xxxxxxx

Morning Ladies!

2016 - I definately see a second line in your first untouched test, I'm not sure if it's too close to the control line or not, but if this is one from the faulty batch, then I'd re-test tomorrow from a different batch! I had the same concern when I used by frer, and I read the same thread on the faulty batches. Do you have any others you could use? I hope so, looking forward to doing more squinting later today! :)

Britt - Yeah for the crosshairs!! That always feels so good doesn't it?? I have no idea why FF changed mine to dotted lines - at the time I tested, I only showed 50% chance on FF on being pregnant, and even now, it's only at 80%! lol. I think if AF is due on 13dpo, you can test on 10dpo! (sorry, I'm a bad influence, I know!). I'm just so excited that you could get your BFP this cycle, so I'm really staying positive for you!

Sweetmama - I couldn't buy preseed in Hong Kong either, so I ordered it online, I can't remember which site, but you can just type it into google, and I'm sure most places in the US will ship to Canada! Girl spermys are tricky - the boys race up to the egg really quickly and they don't live as long, whereas girl spermys are slower but last a lot longer. Some people say that if you want the girl spermys to win, then you have to time BD around O so that the egg is released only after the girl spermys are left (and all boy spermys have given up). But of course, if you're TTC, then this isn't ideal, cause you half your chances. They also say that the men eating certain foods will help, more sweet fruits for girls, and more spicy and salty foods for boys. No idea if it will work or not!

Hibiscus - I'm sorry you're feeling so sick now...but hon, it is SUCH a good sign that everything is going so well for you! It's ok if you're sick and you can't help it, but make sure you drink plenty of fluids and keep your salt balance, otherwise throwing up can mess with your suger-levels and hormones. Be wary of sport drinks though, I've heard they have a lot of caffiene in them. That's so strange about your ovary being sore too...does everyone get a corpus luteum? I'm still feeling pretty good, I had my usual nausua first thing in the morning for 15mins, but was find after my shower. I think you're right that I can expect it to get worse when I get close to the 6 week mark. I know this is probably a twisted thing to say - but I can't wait to get sicker, just so that it shows me that everything's progressing smoothly inside! Have you had a scan yet?

Gossipgirls - it's great that your bb's are still sore! Which day is AF due? How wonderful that you're able to be near babies. Britt works with ICUs as well. What do you do?

Ladybird, I'm sorry, I forgot to say congrats on the digi!!! Time to get bloods done! - how exciting!! What does FF say your due date will be? x

Morning Ladies!

Hibiscus - I'm sorry you're feeling so sick now...but hon, it is SUCH a good sign that everything is going so well for you! It's ok if you're sick and you can't help it, but make sure you drink plenty of fluids and keep your salt balance, otherwise throwing up can mess with your suger-levels and hormones. Be wary of sport drinks though, I've heard they have a lot of caffiene in them. That's so strange about your ovary being sore too...does everyone get a corpus luteum? I'm still feeling pretty good, I had my usual nausua first thing in the morning for 15mins, but was find after my shower. I think you're right that I can expect it to get worse when I get close to the 6 week mark. I know this is probably a twisted thing to say - but I can't wait to get sicker, just so that it shows me that everything's progressing smoothly inside! Have you had a scan yet?

Thanks for the advice about fluids and sports drinks.
Yeah, everyone gets a corpus luteum at ovulation and it erodes prior to AF, unless you're pregnant. If you get pregnant, I believe it sticks around to produce progesterone until about 10 weeks when the placenta produces enough to maintain the pregnancy. I think hCG tells it to stick around so you don't get AF.
Argh I hope you're right that the sickness means things are OK. Another 6 weeks until I feel totally relaxed. But the high hCG does make me feel a lot better.
I have my first scan on March 12, which will be 7+4. I've never made it that far! Fingers crossed--eek.

If you have nausea already, I think that's a great sign! Although it could mean you'll feel absolutely awful in another week :wacko:

Hey Hibiscus - Thanks for the info on corpus luteum! I guess I'll have to put up with my swollen overy for the next few weeks then - but I guess that's a good thing! You mustn't worry any more, I know you're not 100% out of the woods yet, but your hcg levels were so awesome!! And you have a good basis for comparison when you look at your previous mc's. I can't wait for you to get to 7+4! I think I'll try to get an ultrasound done at the 6 week mark. For now, I'm excited to say bring on the nausea!!! (course, I might be saying something quite the contrary in another week's time!) haha.

Hey Hibiscus - Thanks for the info on corpus luteum! I guess I'll have to put up with my swollen overy for the next few weeks then - but I guess that's a good thing! You mustn't worry any more, I know you're not 100% out of the woods yet, but your hcg levels were so awesome!! And you have a good basis for comparison when you look at your previous mc's. I can't wait for you to get to 7+4! I think I'll try to get an ultrasound done at the 6 week mark. For now, I'm excited to say bring on the nausea!!! (course, I might be saying something quite the contrary in another week's time!) haha.

Woohoo! I hope you get the U/S soon! I love seeing them.
Do you think you can get a check of your hCG level, or does your doc not think it's necessary?

I think my doc was going to check my hcg at 6 weeks, but I've found a lab here that will just do your bloodtest without you having to go to a doc first (so it works out cheaper), and I think I will go to them on Mon to check my hcg at 5+2, just so that I have some peace of mind on what's going on! Make sure you post us pics of your U/S as well!! Do you know when your predicted due date is?

I think my doc was going to check my hcg at 6 weeks, but I've found a lab here that will just do your bloodtest without you having to go to a doc first (so it works out cheaper), and I think I will go to them on Mon to check my hcg at 5+2, just so that I have some peace of mind on what's going on! Make sure you post us pics of your U/S as well!! Do you know when your predicted due date is?

Ooh I can't wait to hear the result at 5+2. Have you checked betabase.info? I love that site. I think it's been down for the last couple days, though, unfortunately. Maybe it's just my computer.

I believe the due date would be October 25. Wow--that's so weird to think about an actual baby coming out of this. Ha! A Fall baby would be great. I'm scared to think about it too much. I don't want to jinx it. (And I don't even believe in jinxes! But I still worry about them haha).
So, I guess that means your due date would be November....6??

Hey Hibiscus - I think I've done a quick look on some beta calculators, but I think you need 2 readings to use them right? What did your calculation say? That's so awesome that you would be due 25 Oct, it's so surreal and scary and wonderful all at once isn't it? I would indeed be due November 6th (according to FF) - you're good at maths! lol. I totally know what you mean about not believing in jinxes, but worrying about them! I do as well. I'm going to take a look at betabase.info now!

Hey Hibiscus - I think I've done a quick look on some beta calculators, but I think you need 2 readings to use them right? What did your calculation say? That's so awesome that you would be due 25 Oct, it's so surreal and scary and wonderful all at once isn't it? I would indeed be due November 6th (according to FF) - you're good at maths! lol. I totally know what you mean about not believing in jinxes, but worrying about them! I do as well. I'm going to take a look at betabase.info now!

Yes, you'd need the two numbers to check doubling rate. I think mine came out to doubling every 1.6 days or something, which was a big surprise! I thought my initial number was kind of on the low end of normal.
I love that I can add small numbers--yes!! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back