Aphrodites Concieving Rabbits in 2011

Hey Sweetmama - wow, it sounds like you've been goin through such a tough time, you poor thing! You seem to have a good head on you though and I think it's wonderful that you're staying so strong. Keep us updated on how things are going, it's great to hear from you! :hugs:

Thank you Joli, I try to have a good head on my shoulders and I know it would seem unethical to most people that I am thinking of having a baby with someone I'm not even together with, but I don't have much time left to have a baby according to my OB/Gyn and with all my issues it will defo be a miracle if I have another one anyways. I feel blessed with the baby I already have but would like to give him a sibling. And I have known this man for so long I feel comfortable with the choice to have a baby with him if it comes to that.

How are you doing Joli? You don't have much time left to go!

Hey Sweetmama - I don't think we can judge people's personal circumstances, especially when it comes to running out of time to ttc. I have a friend at work who has discussed having a baby with one of her friends (but as her own persional choice, she would do it by way of sperm donation from him rather than BD'ing - this is way is more expensive, but she's a successful lawyer, so it's manageable for her). I'm doing well, I can't believe that D-day is nearly here, but I'm soooo excited and I'm so ready for it!

ahh sm i wouldnt dare judge I couldnt imagine wanting a child so much and time running out, I think your friend sounds ideal, u know him, a lovely father, someone u could trust.. it would be better than just sleeping with random men to get a baby like some woman would do, saying that I hope you meet somone and live happily ever after :) xx

Sweetmama- I second what Joli and GG are saying, i do believe you should follow your heart and instincts and do whats right for you- I would say there is nothing wrong with wanting to have a child before time runs out as you may regret it later. Sounds like both of you will really love the child which is what counts. I am also sorry you have been going through such a hard time. Sending you big hugs to the east coast. :hugs:

GIRLS I HAVE NEWS!!! :thumbup:

I got a call from the fertility clinic, they have offered us treatment!! Its a long process and A LOT of money ($15,000) but its definitely what we need. They have us labelled as "Male Factor" as the reason we need it but because my fsh is high (10) they have as on the long protocol or they call it Flare protocol to retrieve lots of eggs. Agghh, we are quite the pair arent we? The nurse said that sometimes the embryologists joke, how exactly do these people find each other? :rofl: We will find out the day of the sperm analysis whether we need ICSI as well. I know our FS is very over cautious and thats probably why they are doing this protocol ect...they have a very high success rate but that means more procedures and more meds for me.

anyway, they start me on BCP on day 5 of my next period (unless I get pregs first..ha ha) and by the time all is said and done, I will likely be doing the transfer on Dec 6th or there abouts, so I just MAY be pregnant for Christmas :happydance: Please put me in your positive thoughts that this works for us. I have to go on the pretense that it will no matter what!!!!
:hugs:

Yeah Yeah YEAH BRITT!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: soooo happy for you!! The ball is rolling! It is a long and expensive process, but OMG, when you get that BFP on time for Christmas, it will sooooooooooo be worth it!!! Can you talk us through the process - so you go on bcp during your next AF, and then when do you start hormone treatments? How long are you bcp for? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to totally understand the process you're going through so that we can be there for you at all the right times! :hugs:

Hello Ladies,

Sorry that I have not been online lately. I've been in the middle of Drama so it ended with me having to move because I was living with an alcoholic, so he was kicking me out every other day. So my friend whom I have known for 23 years asked me to move in with him. We're not dating, but we each want another baby so we've been discussing the pros and cons of having a baby together even if we are not together. I really want another baby, and he's an amazing father, he's the type of guy that would stick around for the baby even if we aren't together. So before that happens, it wouldn't be till sometime in the next year anyways, I have other goals to obtain, I want to finish my diploma program for photography first. Anyways I just wanted to come and say hi to you ladies. I also wanted to say if however I decide that he and I will not be having a child together I will be trying to concieve via IVF next year if I have not found a partner by then.

Hey Sweetmama,

It's great to hear from you, I was wondering how things were going. After the other ladies' replies I'm not going to seem near as sweet and supporting. But I really do understand your urgency...I've been there. But I hope that you won't do either of the above possibilities you're entertaining. Let your focus be on finding Mr. Right. Chances of that happening are quite high, as he is also out looking for you. I hope you find each other.

I believe YOU deserve a man who will cherish you throughout your pregnancy and who will be your true partner in parenting AND in life. Knowing someone for years, isn't the same as raising a child with them. There are so many things to disagree with when a child is involved. And thinking about having a baby with a man who is willing, is different than actually experiencing it. What I mean is, when you think about it, your fantasy will reveal an adorable baby with trips to the zoo and a man who is on board with everything you want. BUT the reality is, you will have things you disagree with. What if he wants the child raised in a certain religion you are opposed to? Or perhaps he wouldn't want the child raised in any religion, but you would. Maybe neither of you find that important now, but will change later? What if you don't like the new woman this man gets, the one you will have to share Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc. with? What if he doesn't like the man you get? Maybe he won't like some dude being his kids' dad? These realities probably are not in your fantasies...I'm thinking.

As someone who has been counseling women in unplanned pregnancies for 10 years, I've seen many situations. Trust me, you don't want to purposely put yourself and a child in this situation. I keep in touch with many of these women, and have become friends with some of them. I get to see how their choices in men and situations have affected their lives.

Even in a good marriage, parenting with a husband can be HARD. In fact, just last night my husband pissed me off! LOL. It was a minor issue, but still! But in a marriage, you can better work through your parenting disagreements. I have a good friend who married her high school sweetheart. But about 14 years ago, while she was pregnant with their 2nd child, he started cheating on her. He then left her for that other women. And her life has been a living hell ever since. I can't count how many holidays she has spent alone, while her ex and his sweet thing, celebrate with her kids. And when her baby was born she had to turn him over on the weekends to sleep in bed, between her ex and his lover. Oh my gosh!!! What I'm trying to get at is, these people loved each other at one time, but parenting together, while they are not together is not a good situation (not that them being together is the answer! You have to choose well when deciding who to share your life with and make babies with!!). Like the time her ex came to pick up her kids, but was drunk. She called the cops to tell them she wasn't going to release her kids to him because he was drunk. But the cops told her that because it was "court ordered" she had no choice. And this fool has even taken her to court recently for child support, because the poor guy is out of work.

Okay, so I have done a terrible job of expressing my thoughts. I've never been good at putting my thoughts in print. If you were right here, and I could talk to you face to face, I'd do a much better job. Plus, you'd hear in my voice that I truly care about you and worry about how this decision may have an outcome that would cause you much pain. Please know that I do understand where you are coming from! When I thought my time was running out to have another...I was thinking of similar ways to make it happen, too! I totally understand!

Warm regards,

Shellie

Sweetmama- I second what Joli and GG are saying, i do believe you should follow your heart and instincts and do whats right for you- I would say there is nothing wrong with wanting to have a child before time runs out as you may regret it later. Sounds like both of you will really love the child which is what counts. I am also sorry you have been going through such a hard time. Sending you big hugs to the east coast. :hugs:

GIRLS I HAVE NEWS!!! :thumbup:

I got a call from the fertility clinic, they have offered us treatment!! Its a long process and A LOT of money ($15,000) but its definitely what we need. They have us labelled as "Male Factor" as the reason we need it but because my fsh is high (10) they have as on the long protocol or they call it Flare protocol to retrieve lots of eggs. Agghh, we are quite the pair arent we? The nurse said that sometimes the embryologists joke, how exactly do these people find each other? :rofl: We will find out the day of the sperm analysis whether we need ICSI as well. I know our FS is very over cautious and thats probably why they are doing this protocol ect...they have a very high success rate but that means more procedures and more meds for me.

anyway, they start me on BCP on day 5 of my next period (unless I get pregs first..ha ha) and by the time all is said and done, I will likely be doing the transfer on Dec 6th or there abouts, so I just MAY be pregnant for Christmas :happydance: Please put me in your positive thoughts that this works for us. I have to go on the pretense that it will no matter what!!!!

Britt, I'm so excited for you! Go ahead and answer Joli's questions; I'm all ears!!!:bunny:

Thank you for the support ladies and taebo mama I will definitely take what you have said into consideration it is not a decision that i am taking lightly nor is it something that has been set in stone. I just feel at a point in my life that even if I never end up married I would be ok with being a single mom. On another note I was awarded full and sole custody of Corbyn today and court took all of 5 minutes. Which makes me very ecstatic. Anyways i have to run do chat to you ladies later.

Thank you for the support ladies and taebo mama I will definitely take what you have said into consideration it is not a decision that i am taking lightly nor is it something that has been set in stone. I just feel at a point in my life that even if I never end up married I would be ok with being a single mom. On another note I was awarded full and sole custody of Corbyn today and court took all of 5 minutes. Which makes me very ecstatic. Anyways i have to run do chat to you ladies later.

Congrats on a good outcome with custody! Thanks for listening to my perspective. Like I said, I know where you're coming from. Best wishes for you! :hugs:

Hello ladies,
well thanks so much for taking an interest in my story :hugs:

I dont know too much yet and they will be mailing me the timeline in my IVF package so I will know more later (as well as we are mtg with the FS in a couple of weeks) but here is what i think will happen.

we have a natural cycle this month- IF I get AF :winkwink: I start BCP on CD5 and continue BC for 21 days I think.
Then a baseline U/S, followed by starting on the nasal spray a few days later. Than a couple days after that I start the FSH injections (from approx. Nov 20-26) and they are monitoring me than every couple of days after with blood work and u/s testing.
Egg retrieval is approximately December 3rd and they will incubate between 3-5 days depending on how well the embryos do.
Than Dec 6th or 8th they put them back in me...
I wait 14 days and then get blood work, they let me know at that time if I am pregnant- so I just might be pregnant for Christmas!!

As a couple of side notes:
I am on the Flare protocol or some clinics call it "long".
We find out the day of my DH's SA sample if we need ICSI as well
with the Flare protocol for this clinic they also do "assisted embryonic hatching"- yikes googled this one and sounds a bit scary. Its used for woman who have a high FSH or are older woman or repeated failed IVF's. My results were 10, so I am boderline for this protocol but my FS wanted to go ahead anyway but said we have to monitor me closely for overstimulation. Its suppose to shed the lining easier so the blastocycst implants better....however its a newer and difficult technique and most be performed corrrectly, there are risks to the embryo and myself.....anyway, I am definitely going to ask our FS a lot more questions.

the clinic I am in has the highest success rate in the country and bounces around #2 to #3 in all of North America, so I guess they know what they are doing....and I have to trust they know whats best for hubby and I.

sorry that was a long rant

hope you all conceive naturally and dont need this :winkwink:

Good luck brit I know it can't be easy to go through this.

Britt - thanks for all the info, it's really useful to have a timeline. I was on the FSH injections, and it was taking my eggs so long to grow that I ended up being on them for ages and my poor tummy was so bruised (I was injecting around my belly button) - but apart from a heavy feeling in my ovaries, I didn't get any other side effects, and found it to feel a lot better than clomid. I read about assisted hatching - sounds like amazing technology. It's sooooo awesome that your clinic has such a high chance of success, this really is going to be a wonderful Christmas for you!! (assuming you don't get a natural BFP this cycle of course!!!) :)

Taebo - Nice advice for SM, really sound and well thought out - we're lucky to have each other on this thread :hugs:

Britt - thanks for all the info, it's really useful to have a timeline. I was on the FSH injections, and it was taking my eggs so long to grow that I ended up being on them for ages and my poor tummy was so bruised (I was injecting around my belly button) - but apart from a heavy feeling in my ovaries, I didn't get any other side effects, and found it to feel a lot better than clomid. I read about assisted hatching - sounds like amazing technology. It's sooooo awesome that your clinic has such a high chance of success, this really is going to be a wonderful Christmas for you!! (assuming you don't get a natural BFP this cycle of course!!!) :)

Taebo - Nice advice for SM, really sound and well thought out - we're lucky to have each other on this thread :hugs:

thanks Joli you put a smile on my face, I am a lot more confident of a bfp again now that I know we are getting help. This WILL work, it has to :hugs:

thanks Joli you put a smile on my face, I am a lot more confident of a bfp again now that I know we are getting help. This WILL work, it has to :hugs:

YES, it WILL work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::hugs::thumbup::flower:

Britt, it sounds like you are well on your way to a BFP! Keeping you in my prayers! :flower:

I hope you all are doing well. Wish I had time to chat!

GREAT honey! found out today that i get to see DH the 22 of october! he is being sent him for class about three hours from me but he gets to spend the weekend before his class with me and goes back on the 29th. :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->