Aphrodites Concieving Rabbits in 2011

Oh my Joli he's SOOOO FREAKIN ADORABLE!!!!! AND so fair too, and oh my gosh his eyes, get the shotgun ready because mama you're gonna have to shoot all the ladies that are gonna want to love up on him

Haha, thanks Sweetmama - you ladies sure know how to give a mama an ego boost! :hugs:

Joli--He's adorable! Those pics put a smile on my face! I'm sorry to hear about your boss's expectations. What happens if you say no? Family first, is my motto. But I hate to see employers expecting their employees to drop their lives and consider their jobs as a top priority. Get this, my husband's boss has told him in the past that his job should come first, above his family. Puke. Unfortunately, money is pretty important.

Sweetmama--I don' think it's crazy to feel that "this is the one". :thumbup:

Britt--Yikes, employers seem to forget that people have lives outside of their careers. Good thing he's coming around--what choice does he have? LOL. By the way, I'm working on joining you over at the graduates thread. Hopefully all goes well this cycle. :winkwink:

Yeah, I'm thinking the same as GG; where's Chia?

oh my gosh Taebo, where are you at in your cycle??!! are you thinking positive vibes, gosh I hope you have a bfp :thumbup:
:hugs:

Taebo - yes, do let us know where you are in your cycle! I hope we get some great news soon! I could tell my boss no, but as you said, money is important, and I earn more than DH, so its important that I keep up the pretense of still being keen and ambitious - but for me, no matter what, family does come first, and if they push me too far, I will jut pack it in! Without sounding too cocky, they need me and so I very much doubt they would fire me, but they may withhold bonuses and payrise... I hate working for all men!! Grrrrr! Going to take Harrison for a check up with the midwives now... We'll see how much my little dumpling weighs! Have a good day!

Taebo - yes, do let us know where you are in your cycle! I hope we get some great news soon! I could tell my boss no, but as you said, money is important, and I earn more than DH, so its important that I keep up the pretense of still being keen and ambitious - but for me, no matter what, family does come first, and if they push me too far, I will jut pack it in! Without sounding too cocky, they need me and so I very much doubt they would fire me, but they may withhold bonuses and payrise... I hate working for all men!! Grrrrr! Going to take Harrison for a check up with the midwives now... We'll see how much my little dumpling weighs! Have a good day!

Have fun at your apt Joli and let us know his new weight :) We really dont have many midwives here, so will stick with my doctor and likely a pediatrician later- they are gaining popularity but very slowly over here

I meant to comment on your work trip, that is a tough one, I dont think there is a right answer you just have to go with your gut feeling. What a bunch of dinks though to make you go on an overnight business trip when your baby isnt even 4 months at that point :nope: aggh, you are right, men! Maybe if its the first one you might want to go but I wouldnt let them make it a habit like you said. I feel the same way, my family will come first now over my career

:hugs:

Hey Britt - Harrison's check up today went well, he's now 15 lbs, which is normal for his age, he's at the 55th - 60th percentile for weight and head size... but he's a long baby! He's in the 75th percentile for length, which is not surprising given DH is 6'7" and I'm 5'8". I asked about some suggestions regarding going to Hawaii and what I should dress him in etc. and it was interesting to know that babies aren't supposed to use sunblock until they're 6 months old. So we're just going to have to keep him 100% out of the sun! We're quite lucky to be able to see the midwives - when we had our prenatal classes, I joined a package where they did 5 home visits after the baby was born (which was SO invaluable, if you get that opportunity, take it!) and then 5 mother-baby sessions, where they also do weigh-ins and check-ups for the babies and you can ask questions. We have our usual ped check-ups, but they're only at set times, you can just show up if you fancy finding out how much your baby weighs! I've heard midwifery is a dying art, but hopefully it will make a comeback!

Hey Britt - Harrison's check up today went well, he's now 15 lbs, which is normal for his age, he's at the 55th - 60th percentile for weight and head size... but he's a long baby! He's in the 75th percentile for length, which is not surprising given DH is 6'7" and I'm 5'8". I asked about some suggestions regarding going to Hawaii and what I should dress him in etc. and it was interesting to know that babies aren't supposed to use sunblock until they're 6 months old. So we're just going to have to keep him 100% out of the sun! We're quite lucky to be able to see the midwives - when we had our prenatal classes, I joined a package where they did 5 home visits after the baby was born (which was SO invaluable, if you get that opportunity, take it!) and then 5 mother-baby sessions, where they also do weigh-ins and check-ups for the babies and you can ask questions. We have our usual ped check-ups, but they're only at set times, you can just show up if you fancy finding out how much your baby weighs! I've heard midwifery is a dying art, but hopefully it will make a comeback!

Joli--It's good to hear that Harrison is progressing well. And yes, it sounds like he's destined to be tall. When are you planning a trip to Hawaii? That sounds wonderful! Looks like UV protection clothing, hats, and sunglasses are in order for the little one. Here's a cute site to check out:https://www.sweet-tots.net/default.html

So ladies, today is cd12 for me, so just now getting into my fertile window. I have hubby taking Vitamin C and Zinc...but I'm not sure if you actually takes them. I saw the bottle of Zinc the other day and it still looks full to me. :nope: I've been drinking grapefruit and taking EPO (which gives me headaches--but I can deal), and I've been taking vitamin C as well. Also using Robitussin. We usually start bding before cd12, but tonight will be our first real attempt at baby-making this cycle. Wish me luck! I'm trying hard to join you ladies on the graduate thread! :thumbup:

Taebo - thanks for the website suggestion! I had no idea they made specific UV clothing - I don't think we can get it shipped on time, but it gets really hot in Hong Kong during summer, so I'm going to get some stuff for sure! I'm hoping we'll be able to find similar products whilst we're in Hawaii. Did you feel the magic last night? I hope you've got some good swimmers inside looking for that eggy! :hugs:

Taebo - thanks for the website suggestion! I had no idea they made specific UV clothing - I don't think we can get it shipped on time, but it gets really hot in Hong Kong during summer, so I'm going to get some stuff for sure! I'm hoping we'll be able to find similar products whilst we're in Hawaii. Did you feel the magic last night? I hope you've got some good swimmers inside looking for that eggy! :hugs:

You made me laugh, Joli! Yes, I "felt the magic" last night. Enjoy your Hawaii trip! I hope you'll share pictures!

Hey ladies just checking in, glad to hear you are all doing well. Today has not been a good day, I now have to replace my tire as it was slashed and I didn't know so I went to take Corbyn to daycare and it blew off the rim :(

Hey ladies just checking in, glad to hear you are all doing well. Today has not been a good day, I now have to replace my tire as it was slashed and I didn't know so I went to take Corbyn to daycare and it blew off the rim :(

Well that stinks! :hugs: Hope your day improves. :hugs:

Hi Ladies,
it has been quiet on her for quite awhile :(
Taebo, how are things going?? fx'd for a bfp VERY soon!

So I have some exciting news, I just got back from my gender and anomoly scan this morning and we found out we are on..........................................
TEAM PINK :pink:
I am so excited and surprised at the same time as I was convinced I was having a boy. So much for mother's intuition :wacko:
DH is a little disappointed as he was really hoping for a boy but I think he is coming around. Everyone says he will melt when baby is born
I guess that means we will try for 2!!

she was gorgeous in the scan, moving around tons and very active. She is measuring perfectly and all looks great!!
we are on :cloud9:

Hi Ladies,
it has been quiet on her for quite awhile :(
Taebo, how are things going?? fx'd for a bfp VERY soon!

So I have some exciting news, I just got back from my gender and anomoly scan this morning and we found out we are on..........................................
TEAM PINK :pink:
I am so excited and surprised at the same time as I was convinced I was having a boy. So much for mother's intuition :wacko:
DH is a little disappointed as he was really hoping for a boy but I think he is coming around. Everyone says he will melt when baby is born
I guess that means we will try for 2!!

she was gorgeous in the scan, moving around tons and very active. She is measuring perfectly and all looks great!!
we are on :cloud9:

AWESOME!!!! And yes, hubby is going to love her to pieces! I'm so happy for you guys! And hubby will get his boy, later. :winkwink:

Looks like the witch arrived today...which I knew. At least I get a warning so it's not too devastating when she comes. I went to the GYN on the 31st. She ordered a 21 day Progesterone test, but I didn't go. She also ordered a day 3 FSH, which I will go to on Wednesday. I'm also getting an ultrasound on my breast that day, because the lump I found back in 2007 feels bigger and is causing some pain. If it is indeed bigger, I'll have to have another biopsy performed. :?

I can't wait to join you ladies on the graduate thread! Britt, I'm so excited for you!!!! How are the rest of you ladies?

Britt - I said it on fb and on the grad thread, but I have to say it again - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woohoo for team PINK!! I really hope our bubbas can meet one day - I promise I'll teach Harrison to keep his hands of your little gal! :rofl:

Taebo - let us know how your check-up on your breast goes, hopefully it's nothing serious. Booo for AF arriving... but you WILL be joining the grad thread soon! How's DH feeling these days about ttc?

Harrison rolled over for the first time today - he's done it half a dozen times now, it's so much fun to watch! I've attached a few updated pics from our trip to Hawaii - we just got back. It's such a long journey to get there (28 hours), but Harrison did wonderfully! The only thing is he's now jetlagged, so I'm up at 3am, 5am and 7am! I'm back at work tomorrow :( I'm already longing for the weekend so that I can be with Harrison again - I've soaked up every cuddle I can get today.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 4
"!! I really hope our bubbas can meet one day - I promise I'll teach Harrison to keep his hands of your little gal!"

Lol, you are hilarious Joli, :rofl: yeah DH said he needs to purchase a shotgun now....ha ha, he IS kidding dont worry but I could see him being very protective of our little girl
I would love to meet up one day, we have to for sure!! maybe even if you go to Toronto, I would be on mat leave and perhaps I could swing it.

thanks for your congrats again, it means a lot :hugs:

What's your due date? We'll be in Toronto probably mid - late July or early Aug! That's so cute about your DH being protective, I think my DH would totally be the same way if we had a girl! :) HAPPY 20 WEEKS!!!!! Half way there!!!! :happydance:

hey Joli, I am due June 30th and going by my mom and sister I will probably be over due :( so probably not this year for Toronto, but I could probably swing it next!! :)

Britt - I said it on fb and on the grad thread, but I have to say it again - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woohoo for team PINK!! I really hope our bubbas can meet one day - I promise I'll teach Harrison to keep his hands of your little gal! :rofl:

Taebo - let us know how your check-up on your breast goes, hopefully it's nothing serious. Booo for AF arriving... but you WILL be joining the grad thread soon! How's DH feeling these days about ttc?

Harrison rolled over for the first time today - he's done it half a dozen times now, it's so much fun to watch! I've attached a few updated pics from our trip to Hawaii - we just got back. It's such a long journey to get there (28 hours), but Harrison did wonderfully! The only thing is he's now jetlagged, so I'm up at 3am, 5am and 7am! I'm back at work tomorrow :( I'm already longing for the weekend so that I can be with Harrison again - I've soaked up every cuddle I can get today.

Harrison is as adorable as ever! I love that cute little smile! What a lovely family picture! Sounds like you guys had an awesome vacation. Congrats to Harrison for reaching the rolling over milestone! :thumbup: I love all the firsts!

The scan went well. The tech said it only increased in size by 1 ml. I haven't heard the doctor's take on it yet, but I suspect he'll say there is no reason to do another biopsy with such a small increase. :thumbup: I also had an FSH test done yesterday to check on my eggs. I hope they tell me all is well.

Keep those pictures coming, Joli!

Thanks Taebo :) I'm loving all the 'firsts' - Harrison has started making new sounds with his voice and is reaching for his toys now, it's just so lovely to watch. I'm so glad that your scan went well. It's great that the growth hasn't increased much, but it would be good to find out what was causing the pain. When will you get the results of the FSH test? I hope everything goes well :hugs:

Britt - Summer 2012, it's a date! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->