Appt on Tues . . need to be armed with info!

Hun - that is a disgrace. Why is it that every website you read says 12 months is the minimum before seeking help if he's not going to go along with it? Can you not get your doctor to refer you somewhere else? If not, is there a complaints department in the hospital that you can go to? I wouldn't let it lie hun. Assuming it's the same consultant as last time, why did he say go back in three months just to tell you the same thing again. Firstly, that's playing with your emotions and causing more upset which isn't going to help you to 'relax', and secondly, that is clogging the waiting lists up even more by wasting appointment slots.

I hope you get some good advice from the private clinics hun and have to say that it is a disgrace that you have to go down that road for investigation purposes!!

:hug:

Sorry i just PM u to ask how it went. So sorry chick, how frustrating is that i agree with Maz don't let it lie, you deserve to be taken seriously. Go back to ur gp lay it on REALLY thick, this is 100% unfair, tell her your gonna have to get into debt now to see a private FS, and it is affecting your mental health (which i'm sure it does all of us to some degree). So sorry hope u get this sorted. XXX

He is wrong I would complain if I were you, the NHS guidelines say 12 months TTC then they will start to do investigations, he can't just change his mind to 18 months before doign anything just cause he wants to. Agree with trying progestrone cream and stuff yourself you never know it might help and its better than doing nothing.

We had EXACTLY this at our first appt - they told us to go away and keep BDin every other day for another 6 months and then they woudl see us again - and we only got to see an administrator that time - and they said we woudl see the actual docotr the next time.

I think they do it becuase they dotn believe us that we have been trying for 12 months - they want to make sure we arent time wasters - so they give us another 6 months and then start taking us seriously.

I can sort of understand it cos i do know of girls who have gone to the clinic after only a few months cos they are impatient and lied that it has been 12 months - and then got pregnant soon after.

BUT _-that is no comfort.

Its the crap NHS way I am afraid. But if you decide to stick with the NHS - once we went back after 18 mothns of trying they have been alot more helpful and given in to my demands.

So so so sorry darlin - I felt exactly the same as you after mine - cos you wait sooooo long for the appt and build yourslef up to it and then its such a let down.

I came out and decided to go private and started looking into costs etc but before i knew it another 6 months had gone past - it was easier than i thought - so I am glad we waited now as needed to save the pennies.

:hug::hug::hug:

Bx x :hugs::hugs::hugs:

We had EXACTLY this at our first appt - they told us to go away and keep BDin every other day for another 6 months and then they woudl see us again - and we only got to see an administrator that time - and they said we woudl see the actual docotr the next time.

I think they do it becuase they dotn believe us that we have been trying for 12 months - they want to make sure we arent time wasters - so they give us another 6 months and then start taking us seriously.

I can sort of understand it cos i do know of girls who have gone to the clinic after only a few months cos they are impatient and lied that it has been 12 months - and then got pregnant soon after.

BUT _-that is no comfort.

Its the crap NHS way I am afraid. But if you decide to stick with the NHS - once we went back after 18 mothns of trying they have been alot more helpful and given in to my demands.

So so so sorry darlin - I felt exactly the same as you after mine - cos you wait sooooo long for the appt and build yourslef up to it and then its such a let down.

I came out and decided to go private and started looking into costs etc but before i knew it another 6 months had gone past - it was easier than i thought - so I am glad we waited now as needed to save the pennies.

:hug::hug::hug:

Bx x :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you girls for your reply, i nearly bit DH's head off the other day after appt when he said I should "relax", stop coming on her, charting etc. You really are the only peple who understand what I am going through. DH reckons he does but he doesn't cos he's not a woman and already has a daughter.

Beckic, i thought the same as you when he told us to go back after 3 months, that they must fob people off at first as people will lie about their ttc length of time. Im gonna ring the private clinnic and see what they say plus blood results havn't come back yet, either way gonna go to the Drs as which ever way they go it won't explain my short luteal phase and im gonna keep on at her til she does something.
Thank you again for your support x

My DH always says the same thing to me about how I should stop coming on here.
I just dont get their logic - if i dont come on here we are still TTC, I would still be upset about not conceiving BUT I would be going through it on my own (cos lets face its - they dont give us the support we need) - so hence I would be MORE stressed if i didnt have you girls to talk to!!!!

When we came out of our first appt. and i was crying cos they had fobbed us off DH said i was stupid for crying and that we would do what they said and BD every other day all through the cycle - that promise lasted all of four days when he started to get 'tired' again!!!!
They are useless!!!

Bx x x x:hugs::hugs:

My DH always says the same thing to me about how I should stop coming on here.
I just dont get their logic - if i dont come on here we are still TTC, I would still be upset about not conceiving BUT I would be going through it on my own (cos lets face its - they dont give us the support we need) - so hence I would be MORE stressed if i didnt have you girls to talk to!!!!

When we came out of our first appt. and i was crying cos they had fobbed us off DH said i was stupid for crying and that we would do what they said and BD every other day all through the cycle - that promise lasted all of four days when he started to get 'tired' again!!!!
They are useless!!!

Bx x x x:hugs::hugs:

Well you know the trouble im having in that department! Ive tried to hide how i fel from DH as im paranoid that ill be "pressuring" him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->