April ‘baby’ showers 2020

star25

Reaction score
Hello

Thought I’d start a thread for April as couldn’t see one

Tested today bfp at 5dp5dt IVF (10dpo)
Hopefully all will Be ok as it’s so early but wanted to see if here was anyone to chat with due around the same time

This is number 3, have a nearly 18 month old son and 3.5 year daughter

All frozen transfers after doing the ivf in 2014 and freezing 8 embryos
Have 3 embryos left

Not feeling any symptoms yet apart from yesterday had some tight feelings and today one big spot on my face lol

I will keep testing the next few days and beta will Ben next mon/tues after I’ve phone the clinic on Monday which is my official test day!

Must have baby brain already, changed the title from 2019 to 2020!

I am! I'm due 3rd of April but I wouldn't be surprised if that was slightly wrong and I'm actuslly due late march, not that it makes much difference. I'm having a scan in 2 weeks which might provide more clarity.

I had a scan on Wednesday which said 5 weeks 5 days and a heart beat of 106 but I'm not exactly sure how this can be based on the dates. I'm not worried though as I know early scans can be a bit misleading.

For the last week I've been having really bad nausea almost all day long, but definitely getting worse in the evening. I'm so exhausted and can't eat much, it's been horrible! I blame myself though, because I had missed miscarriage in February and swore I would be grateful to have strong symptoms this time so I know it's all going okay. Blerrrrrgh, bad idea!

Hooe everyone is going well and looking forward to 'meeting you' :)

Hiya! Good to have some company lol
I’m 5 weeks today and hoping for symptoms, the miscarriage I had was found at 8w5d where the embryo hadn’t deceloped, with that I didn’t have any symptoms, whereas with my ds and dd I had nausea, but wasn’t actually sick, from around 6-7 weeks
This morning I have felt a slight wave of nausea after drinking some juice so hopefully it’s starting

Hope you do t feel too awful, as much as we want symptoms, they’re not too nice!
Hope your next scan brings more clarity for you, are your cycles irregular?

Nausea has started a bit this evening, don’t think I can eat dinner so luckily had a big lunch out lol
Going to stick with some crackers, cheese and fruit this evening

How are you?

Hey!
I think I'm due around the 20th of April, through I have short cycles so this could change. You can see that even though my period is now 2 days late, I'm still not actually 4 weeks pregnant, though today is 2 weeks past ovulation.
So, this is my 6th pregnancy and 5th baby. I have a 13 year old, 11 year old, 9 year old and 5 year old. I lost a baby a 5 weeks pregnant almost 3 years ago.
I'm totally paranoid over every little twinge I feel in my stomach.
My boobs are sore but they usually become sore right after I ovulated and stay that way up to my period.
I really want symptoms to I can feel more pregnant and relax a little, but I also kind of want them to hold off as I'm.stsying at my mum's for the weekend in 2 weeks and don't want to give the game away yet :haha:

Hiya, wow what a lovely big family, sorry for your loss, I had one almost 3 years ago and didn’t have a lot of of symptoms that time so hoping for them too!
Although, I’ve had about half an hr nausea earlier, then had flashing lights in front of my eyes and now a headache, I knew he headache would start once the lights did, this only ever happens to me in pregnancy although never this early, normally a few months in and only once or twice, hoping this isn’t a symptom that hangs around as much as I wish for them, this one isn’t nice!

Those kinds of symptoms are even worse when you have other kids and can't just go and lay down.
I honestly never thought I would have 14 years between my children. I planned to be done by the time my eldest was 10. But, my body had other ideas and I just didn't feel like we were completely done yet.
Every now and then I think I feel nauseous but then I feel like it's too early and must be in my head haha

That’s lovely mother, I didn’t want to have an only just as I’m one of 5 myself, although having ivf I was More than grateful when we got our bfp with dd then luckily had 7 more frozen embryos to be able to try again

The headache is still lingering but almost gone, it was still there at 3:30am when ds woke up but I think ok now, won’t be wishing for too many symptoms again haha

So, the cramping seems to have eased off today and my boobs aren't as sore. I'm hoping that it means my body has realised that my period isn't coming and will now settle until proper pregnancy symptoms start. Trying not to worry that it was a pregnancy symptom and it's a bad sign that it's gone

At about 5 weeks all my symptoms stopped (no cramping, no sore boobs) and then a few days later BAM. nausea hit big time, and my boobs are bloody sore again. I was really anxious when they stopped and had a couple of blood tests to look at my HCG levels but I didn't need to worry... Apparently it's very common for symptoms to come and go and change.

I've never had cramping like it at this point in pregnancy. Whenever I first found out I just felt normal and then at about 6 weeks I started getting sickness. I don't know if it's that I'm older now, been pregnant a bunch of times or just that I'm more aware so I'm feeling it.

Mother, I only felt something around 6 weeks with my 2 but here I am worrying at 5 weeks that I have nothing!
I’m sure your symptoms will return, I suppose we should be making the most of feeling ok but it’s hard not to worry

There's no pleasing us is there? :haha:
I know the minute I start with morning sickness I'll wonder why I was waiting for it. I remember when I was in labour with DS4 I thought "why on earth did I think I wanted to do this again?"

Loool oh I don’t want to think about that happening again haha
After ds was born the first thing I said to my sister, who was also my birthing partner with dh, was don’t EVER let me do that again...here we are 18 months later \\:D/:haha:

Yeah, we'll just concentrate on staying pewgmant at the moment and worry about that part in April haha

Hey!! Can I join??

I’ve been trying since December and finally got my BFP! I’m 3+6 today and due April 22nd. Although I had DD at 37 weeks as I had preeclampsia and she decided she didn’t want to wait and rushed into the world, so I kind of expect this one to come a bit earlier too.

I’m struggling with exhaustion already and a tad of nausea when I’m hungry. I had horrific all day sickness with DD from 6 weeks so stressing a bit how I’ll cope with a toddler and MS. Butttt it will be worth it!!

Congrats on your BFPs guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->