April ‘baby’ showers 2020

I'm not doing a big announcement either star. My best friend has been trying for 6 years and has recently split with her husband so now it's completely off the table. I've told her as she made me promise to tell her if it ever happened rather than waiting, but I was so nervous.
I'm going to really drag out telling people. So far some online friends and my two best friends know, they all new we were trying though. As silly as it sounds I want to go through the excitement of telling people as much as I can seeing as I won't be doing this again, so I'm going to tell people/sets of people individually with a few days or weeks in between haha

I didn’t do an announcement last time and felt like I wished I had for some reason now. I think I’ll do it on Instagram this time as only got a few close friends on there. Only one of my friends is going through a bit of a tough time conceiving but more that she’s ready and been ready for ages but OH not there yet. She was the first person I told and she’s so happy for me so I know she won’t mind. I’m not sure though. My OH is super anxious and I think he’ll think we are tempting fate if we announce so we will see.

I’m going to buy nice things to eat tonight so I can enjoy food before everything turns my stomach!

My neighbour (and friend) is a midwife so I told her today, and spoke to her about the cramping and she said it’s absolutely nothing to worry about. If anything she said mild cramping is a good sign that they are nestling in tightly.

Are you guys planning on finding out gender? How did you do in the past?

That's reassuring to hear from your midwife neighbour.
I'm not planning on finding out. It's probably silly at this point. We all know I'll have another boy :haha:
I've always found out in the past so just want the experience of waiting until the end, even though we've basically lost the element of surprise :haha:

That's reassuring to hear from your midwife neighbour.
I'm not planning on finding out. It's probably silly at this point. We all know I'll have another boy :haha:
I've always found out in the past so just want the experience of waiting until the end, even though we've basically lost the element of surprise :haha:

Haha! Our family is the opposite of yours with girls on both sides. I have 13 cousins of which 2 are boys, the cousins are nearly all girls on my OH side too and my DD only has aunties.

Do you hope for a girl? Or you don’t mind either way?

I’m happy either way. I know how much I love my DD so the idea of having another girl makes me so happy but the idea of a boy is new and exciting. I found out with DD but think I’ll really try to hold out with this one but it goes against my need for control personality!

I'm a really impatient person so holding out is really hard for me.
I would like a girl, at one point I really desperately wanted one, but right now I'm so grateful to be pregnant that I just don't care that much. I know once the baby is actually in my arms I'll be in love either way, so my plan is to tell everyone present for the birth not to say a word, let me discover the gender on my own once I've had a cuddle and I'm on the high of giving birth. I expect as my hormones go up and down I might feel more strongly, but right now I'm under the assumption that it's a boy, with a tiny part hoping it's a girl, and I'm ok with that.

I think that is why I really want to hold out this time. When my DD was born, we didn’t check her gender nor did it cross my mind. When I was pregnant I figured it would impact my bonding if I didn’t know- now I know you just love them from the moment you hold them (and before).

I can imagine that it must be complex feelings if you have all boys. I think we all have a desire to experience having our own gender. Why I don’t know! But as you say once you give them a cuddle it won’t matter in the slightest. Regardless I’ll send some of my girl bias vibes to you!

I’m bleeding and it’s quite heavy, waiting for sent to call back

Oh no star! I hope everything is ok. Let us know what the Dr says.

And thank you Swedengirl.

SHe said only go to a&e if it got worse and that was just because it’s an ivf pregnancy
Otherwise she said it’s better to stay at home and rest, which I was glad of as I was so tired and needed sleep
It went to a pale pink really small amount when I wiped, it’s got a bit More now and more of a pinky red, no cramps or pain but I’m not holding out much hope
Maybe because I take progesterone 3 times a day that’s stopping me bleeding heavier, I have to phone the surgery today and be referred to the epu
I hope they do a scan even though it’s early, if not I will find one private and do that today or tomorrow, I can’t be in limbo
So sad today

Oh star I’m sorry you’re going through this stress. Is there no way it’s implantation bleeding, if it’s pink I’ve read it’s more likely IB?
I hope you get a scan soon! Sending hugs to you

Fingers crossed that they send you for a scan. The not knowing is so horrible.

Hi,so good news (massive relief!)
Dr referred to epu, got a call from them half he later and appointment 45 mins after that
We saw baby with a heartbeat
Measuring on track for where it should be
There’s a small bleed in front of the sac which is better than behind as it shouldn’t push the sac out
She said not out the woods but it was good news!

I'm so glad they saw you so quickly and you got to see a heart beat already!

Thank you ladies , such a relief, I was sure it would be all over!

I wasn’t ignoring your posts, sorry!
I think we’ve decided not to find out, just because we have with both of ours so it will make a change
The nursery is neutral, all baby equipment we have is neutral, it will just be clothes to sort once the baby is here all being well
I’ve kept everything from both so my plan is to get out of the lost all the neutral bits then all the girls newborn stuff and all the boys, that way we will have whatever we need immediately and can get the rest from the loft once we know what we need
I’m quite looking forward to having a surprise this time although I could cave!

The circle is the yolk sac and white part the baby

Oh my gosh! Look how much you can see already.

We saved everything from our boys. But recently I've been slowly letting it go as preparation for the fact it just wasn't ever going to happen again. I managed to get the clothes down to just two black sacks of clothes for the first year. We have a high chair, and ds4s car seat is suitable from birth to 7 years so we will just up grade him to a high back booster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->