April 2012 babies due!!! Who else is due in April???

Well, for any "theory" out there, there is only a 50% risk of being wrong. Nothing other than looking at chromosomes is 100%. I personally think the nub and skull theories are complete and utter BS. Even anatomy scans at 18-20 weeks (when the sexes are ACTUALLY differentiated enough to be able to take a guess) are only right 85-90% of the time! So when they tell you the sex at the anatomy scan, keep a small bit of doubt in the back of your mind just in case. I've seen 4-5 cases in the last 5-6 months were they were wrong (and my hospital scans more women than any other in Canada yearly)...

Thanks for the words of encouragement :hugs:

Thanks to all of you for the "Welcomes and Congrats"!! We are super excited...well not at first we werent, actually we were a bit shocked and scared!! I had to come off of the pill in June for medical reasons and well as my doctor said "Women who practice the pull out method are what we call "MOMMY"" We are now starting to enjoy the pregnancy and are extremely happy...God doesnt make mistakes so we will deal with what is handed to us :) and yes I would love to be able to wait and have a surprise in 6 months...but I just need to know :blue: or :pink: Im so very impatient haha

Hi Ladies

How is everyone? :flower:

I see gender is being discussed. We are not going to find out the gender, are going to leave it a surprise. Partly for the reason Junebug says, I would always have a doubt they'd got it wrong anyway so probably still wouldn't buy anything for a specific gender. So might as well leave it a surprise. I know I will be a bit curious though and will probably be having a good look at my anatomy scan to see if I can see anything :haha:

How is everyone feeling? I still get little moments of feeling sickly some days, mainly in the evening, and still have sore boobs a bit. Tiredness seems a lot better though. Still waiting for my bump, although clothes have felt a bit tighter the past couple of days :thumbup:

x

Hey all,
Well, it's that time for me....NT scan tomorrow, already had the bloods taken last week. I am terrified. I have two healthy children and went into both their scans without a worry each time, I have had a dating scan so I know there is definitely just the one baby in there but I am 10 yrs older than last time around and I have been tossing and turning for the past few nights....worrying about the result. I am such a positive person most of the time so it's really struck me hard. The only good thing is that the appointment is at 9.10 am so I'm not waiting around all day - keeping my fingers,toes and eyes crossed that all is well.

Edited to add, I am still suffering with 'evening sickness' I know I had it up to week 16 with my DD all those years ago and it seems I won't be let off lightly this time around either...

Hope all you ladies are enjoying your pregnancies, I can't wait to start enjoying mine.

I hope that all went great for you this morning Maple Leaf!!! I go tomorrow at 9:00 and I have been suffering with the same anxieties for the past week or so. Sending lots of :hugs:

Hi everyone,

We had our NT scan results last week and all is ok- hope everything is good for those of you still waiting.

I'm going into work on Fri to get ready for my return to work (after maternity leave:winkwink:) in two weeks.

The thing is I can't decide whether to tell my boss I'm pregnant again or not. I'll be telling them in my first week back anyway but I know it won't go down well and I'm a bit scared to be honest!

What would you do? Tell them on Fri or wait a couple of weeks til I return?

xx

Best of luck mybaby and maple on your scan results! And congrats on yours, smellie!

I know what you mean about notifying the boss. I was scared to death to notify mine, as my company has had lots of recent layoffs, but he was great about the whole thing! Hope it goes as smoothly with yours!

Thanks to say Mbababy- I forgot say after my scan my EDD has changed to 7th April-means I get to go on mat leave a week earlier!

Glad your scan went well Mellie.

Gosh, the maternity leave question is tough. Sorry i can't be of help.

I had a checkup today. Heard babies heartbeat :thumbup: 147 "Right in the middle, can't tell if it's a boy or girl" Says my MW. LOL, she's so funny.

I also got bumped back a few days. My new due date is now April 4th, putting me at week 15 :) ....better change my ticker.

Well the scan was a bit of a farce to be honest. When I got there my bladder was too full so she asked me to go and pee 1/3 cup out....well once I started I found it hard to stop....lol. When I went back in she asked me to go back outside and drink a cup of watER to replenish my stock..ha ha
Se finally got the measurements she wanted and was really
pleased, I just have to wait for the combination from my bloods to be
factored in. NT was 1.5mm. I was
awake at 3am - so nervous but feel much better now and even did an announcement on facebook after waiting over 13 weeks!

Oh and HB was 163. Definately got a little diva in there, pouting her lips...will be gobsmacked if it comes out blue. Lol

Good luck for tomorrow's scan. Let us know how you get on.

1.5mm is a great measurement, Maple! Hope your bloods come back equally as good!

great measurement mapleleaf!
What a bugger having to pee and then drink! At my NT scan the lady asked me if I'd had enough to drink....was supposed to be 500ml and I said that I must've drunk too much because I really needed to go. She told me I could do a little one and I told her no, because once I started I'd never stop, lol!!!

Haha heart rate is also old wives tales ladies, have seen tons of boys with heart rates over 150 and tons of girls with lower! My little girl was always 130-140 too!

Am starting to be terrified for Monday. My worse fear is no heartbeat on U/S, and second worse is abnormal chromosomes :cry: Wish I could just get this over with, feels like the suspense is dragging on and on :cry:

Got my NT scan done yesterday.....she did not give me measurements :( HOWEVER she did say that the Nuchal Trans. was nice and thin and the nasal bone was very noticable. I still would of like to of known how nice and thin though, but I am taking this as good news and running with it...now just have to wait on my blood work to come back. Heart rate was at 157 :) hoping for another bouncing baby boy but will be overjoyed for whatever we have cooking in here :happydance:

Also got due date bumped back 3 days...woo hoo!! Start week 13 tomorrow!!

Thanks Junebug!! What time is your scan on Monday? I will be saying prayers for you...waiting can be such agony. But honestly I see a beautiful healthy baby in your future :baby: lots of hugs sent your way :hugs:

My CVS is at 8:45AM Monday and the NT at 9AM on Thursday. Thank you! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->