April 2012 babies due!!! Who else is due in April???

Hi Ladies!! How is everyone this morning? All is well here. I was wondering if any of you have been dealing with (or have dealt with) this problem I'm having as of late.....

I've been getting a lot of people offering to give me stuff....it actually feels more like "pressuring" to give me stuff. So far we've been given 2 car seats and a crib (both by way of my husband....almost like they're trying to sneak it to me). There has been offers for other stuff...but no more deliveries...YET.

I don't know if I'm just being stubborn...or silly....or even ridiculous....but I don't want anyone's hand-me-downs for this first baby! Ok...well, I'd probably take clothes and stuff...but a crib (which just happens to be on the recall list...and now we have to figure out how to get rid of it without offending our "friends" who gave it to us) and a car seat??? These are 2 of the most important safety purchases you'll make for your child!

So go ahead....let me have it if you think I'm being silly and instead should feel grateful. I'd love more opinions on this. :shrug:

I agree with you Mbababy, there are just some things I don’t want handed down. My sister gave me her lovely bassinet, which is beautiful and I’m very much grateful for. I haven’t received anything else, but I will decline and tell them we’ve already picked out the items that will work best for us. I’ll take clothes though.

I agree with you too Mbababy :thumbup: I don't want hand-me-downs either, particularly for important safety stuff like you say.

I haven't been offered anything directly but a woman my mum works with, who has just returned from maternity leave, bought in a box of maternity clothes for me. They were all way too big anyway but I did try them (I'm size 12/14 and the clothes were all 16/18). But she also said to my mum that she has a moses basket, microwave steriliser and bottles I can have if I want. My mum politely declined by saying OH's family are buying us a moses basket and that I'm not sure what doing re feeding yet etc. Mum is hoping she just doesn't mention them again :haha:

x

yeah I know what you mean about being given old stuff, especially for a first baby.
However i have just purchased a second hand capsule, base and wheels, but I didnt see the point in buying those brand new when baby will only be using it for a short time.
But I will be buying a brandnew carseat for when bubs gets older.
We still have bassinet from #3 so thats all good and other stuff that baby will need are things that I have anyway and were bought new for the others.

Ok, phew....thanks for the support, ladies. I'm hoping nobody else comes out of the woodwork thinking we're a "place to get rid of old baby stuff"...and I need to talk to DH about how to politely decline all of these "generous" offers. :dohh:

Aww, congrats on being on Team :pink: Kirst :happydance:

How is everyone else?

I'm doing good. OH and I had a nice day out yesterday, bought some new christmas decorations (including a little gingerbread man tree decoration that I bought for baby :hugs:) and then had a good look around Babies R Us at various bits and bobs. Didn't buy anything (except a book for expectant dads for OH :haha:) but have seen some things we like. Saw a few travel systems we like, one in particular that folds down extremely small which will suit my little car :thumbup: Also saw some gorgeous nursery furniture :cloud9:

x

Congrats on another girl Krist!

Doing fine here. Baby is being more active :thumbup: I need to start going thru my baby stuff and seeing what I have and what I need.

Kirst, Congrats on your little girl! What’s a hand capsule?

Nat0619, I got so overwhelmed at Babies R Us. I think I’ll need someone with me to pick out what I’ll need.

My scan is tomorrow afternoon. I can’t wait. :happydance:

Congrats Kirst!! :happydance: Good luck tomorrow, Ceedee!!

Afm, all is well. Baby seems to have active days and not so active days...sometimes I'm feeling stuff a lot and other times...nothing. My appetite is back in full force though :blush: so I'm really trying to keep things in check. My only real cravings thus far have been oranges...

thanks ladies! When I rung my MIL to tell her that we were having another little girl she said "ohhh, ok, nevermind......is Rob (hubby) ok with it?"
Kind of pissed me off a bit.

Ceedee - Good luck for your scan! And I meant second-hand (pre loved)

Picked up the capsule, base and wheels in the weekend, they are in awesome condition, so now that we know we're having another wee girl we are just about done with all the baby stuff. I've never been so organised in my life!!!!

Congratulations and Welcome to the board, mummytono5 and laughing girl!

:wave: Hello new ladies!!! :hugs:

17 weeks today! Feeling baby a lot from the outside as of last weekend. He's keeping me awake around 5AM bouncing around already :dohh: Man I am in trouble :haha:

Welcome and congrats newbies!!! :wave:

I'm getting a little paranoid because I was feeling bubs quite a bit a couple of weeks ago...but haven't felt much since. The only thing I can think of is that I was feeling more when I was in my normal clothes, but recently switched to maternity pants...so maybe bubs has more room now?? :shrug:

My 20 appts are both next week...so I'm hoping that will put my mind at ease...

Not posted on here for a while....glad you are all well. I have my anomaly scan this afternoon and it's fair to see I am extremely worried. I seem smaller than my previous pregnancies and I haven't felt anything more than flutters despite it being my third baby. Maybe in the 10 year gap I have tightened muscles again....lol
My husband wants to stay team yellow ( one of each already ) but I feel so detached from this baby after suffering near constant sickness I think knowing the sex will help me bond....if that makes sense?! Anyway, I will let you know who wins the argument on the way to the scan later! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->