April 2012 babies due!!! Who else is due in April???

Happy New Year everyone! I can't wait to meet my little dragon in April. I can't believe I have less than 100 days left.

Hi Ladies :flower:

And welcome Bumpi :thumbup: I'm due 16th April too :thumbup: Staying Team :yellow: though.

How is everyone? I am doing good, really enjoying pregnancy now but in slight panic mode as it suddenly seems to be going very fast and I need to really start preparing for this baby now :wacko: We have three drawers full of baby stuff (clothes, toys, blankets, bibs, steriliser, bottles, bath robes, toiletries etc) but none of the big stuff yet. Think we are going with my mum to order our travel system and car seat at the weekend though so that will be the first big purchase (mummy and daddy kindly buying that for us :hugs:) Main thing we need to do is get started on clearing and decorating the spare room to make it the nursery.

Am feeling little one move regularly now, although some days seem more active than others. Easily see my tummy move now too which is so strange :haha: Baby seems quite stubborn sometimes, s/he stops bumping about if OH or someone else puts their hand on my belly :haha:

We are looking into booking a private 4D scan some time soon, had something in the post over Christmas from a local company to us who look really good. Going to ring up about it today. Have also filled in my mat leave app form for work so hopefully setting the date this week for when I'll finish.

Is anyone else planning a private scan? x

Am feeling little one move regularly now, although some days seem more active than others. Easily see my tummy move now too which is so strange :haha: Baby seems quite stubborn sometimes, s/he stops bumping about if OH or someone else puts their hand on my belly :haha:

Yes, this is happening to me all of the time. Hubby gets a little upset because baby will stop moving right when he puts his hand on my tummy...but oh well. Stubborn just like his dad I guess ;)

Do you all know what travel systems you're getting yet? I went into Babies R Us and wanted to run out screaming....so many choices! :dohh:

Nat, I'm lucky in that my ob has a 3d/4d scanner...so I'm getting one when I go next time to see him.

Mbababy, glad I'm not the only one with a stubborn little one :haha:

We are pretty sure we are getting the Silver Cross Surf travel system and getting the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix car seat, as that can go with it with some adaptors. We prefer the Maxi Cosi car seat to the Ventura one that goes on the Surf without adaptors as the seat is much lighter and nicer looking. The Ventura one felt really bulky and heavy empty so god knows how heavy it would get with baby in :wacko:

I've today booked into antenatal classes (doing it all in one day on Saturday 3rd March) and also booked a tour of the maternity ward on Saturday 25th Feb :thumbup: Our hospital do a waterbirth preparation class too, which I fancy doing as really fancy trying a waterbirth, but no point booking that until I know if my placenta has moved enough to not need a c-section x

Had a checkup today, everything looks A-OK :thumbup:

I, too, have a stubborn-take-after-Daddy little one :laugh2: who moves around quite a bit...unless Dad is trying to feel him/her.

The Dr was telling me today that after my next appt, that is in 3wks, I'll start going in every 2 wks, till I'm 36wks along, then every week. And for some reason, that really brought the time factor into prespective!! April is going to get here QUICKLY!!! I think I'd better start going thru my baby clothes, and seeing what I need.

I know the time is going to fly by!! We were married on April 1st (my due date) and after New Years it all goes so quick.
I need to go through my baby stuff too....from memory all I need is vests and socks and maybe a few more blankets.
We need to switch rooms too, which will likely happen at end of Feb or beginning of March.
We will put some things on lay-by for the moment, it wont matter if we have them when baby gets here because we have the basics just now anyway. So excited!!!

Miss 2 starts kindergarten on the 23rd of January...at this stage I have her booked in Monday 8.30 - 2.30, Wednesday 8.30 - 12.45 and Friday 8.30 - 2.30, but I'm going to change to Mondays and Thursdays as I think 3 days will be too much for her at this stage and because I will miss her too much!
School starts back on the 31st of January....eek, this month is going to fly!

I have midwife again on 20th January and then she will see me fortnightly.

Welcome milesaway!

I’m feeling anxious as well. I had hoped to start on the nursery this past weekend and I got nothing accomplished. Maybe this weekend I can get some stuff done. So far I have a bassinet, portable swing, pack and play and a car seat (Chicco Keyfit 30). I just received the fabric samples for the nursery fabric and hopefully this weekend I can figure out how much fabric I’ll need to make the nursery linens. I have about 10 different outfits.

I don’t plan on going for a private scan. I definitely need to sign up for the hospital tour.

Is anyone having a baby shower? If so, when are you having it?

Hi ladies!!!

Quick update here: pregnancy going well, as are the plans for Zoë's big girl room! :dance: Furniture ordered and to be received end of February. Artwork ordered for her walls. Now I need to have the room painted, got a great deal through Groupons ($450 worth of painting for 1 day for $49). Just waiting the get the artwork to chose the colour! Our nursery will be used for little guy, so that is all done...

No baby shower for me, as this is my second. I do need a few items though, so I've started compiling a list. We're getting a lot of boy clothes through friends, I'm happy about that! Planning a cross-border shopping trip to Buffalo (much better prices there for Canadians given how well our dollar is doing right now) to stock up on the few items we need, probably some time in February.

No, I'm not going to have a private scan. I'm really wondering if he'll look like Zoë or not? Only 15 weeks til we find out! Crazy how fast time flies!!!

Welcome and congrats Milesaway!

I wont be having a private scan either. My next scan will be in 9 wks, when I am at wk 36. Just to make sure baby is head down and all set.

I dug out previous baby clothes today, have to go thru them and see what is still good and what isn't (they've been in storage for 7 yrs!). My baby seat is still in good condition, but I need a crib, changing table/dresser, and various other things....I love baby shopping!! :D

Well I have booked a 4d scan January 28th. This is purely because the ultrasounds I have had so far have been such a disappointment for me and my DH. The techs only allowed us to see the baby for about 5 minutes during each scan and they had no bedside manners. We are taking our two children with us and they are very excited. We have told them we want to stay team yellow so they have promised to avoid that area......and the best thing is I don't need a full bladder and they recommend a sugary snack 15 minutes before my appointment time. Yay.....! Lol

Junebug we had our 12 yr old DDs bedroom made over for Christmas day, so now we are painting her old room for our DS to go into. It's so exciting once it all starts coming together...and in answer to your question about siblings looking alike...? Well, my two look like each other but not like either me or DH. They are both blonde haired blue eyed and me and DH and brown haired and brown eyed. ! Lol

LOL!
Both DH and me have blonde hair and blue eyes, so it's a no brainer what their colouring is :haha: Zoë looks so much like me it's crazy! Maybe Zacharie will look like his daddy?

Welcome and congrats milesaway!

All my girls are different...the eldest has a different father to the younger 2 but the eldest and youngest are really similar.
I remember when my midwife had just put Caoilainn on me when she was born, I was talking to my mum on my phone and said "omg, she looks like dad, but she's still beautiful" lol!!
Here they all are....this was taken a few days before Christmas!
Ella (14) Gabi (6) Caoilainn (2)....hope the pic doesn't come out too big.
https://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff28/kirst76/IMG_2517.jpg

Beautiful kirst! I can't get it to enlarge though. Might just be my Mac!

My three kids all look similiar, you can tell they are siblings. When my oldest was little, he looked a lot like Daddy. But now that he is bigger, he looks more like my side of the family. My dd looks a lot like me, but with the face roundness of dh's family...her body is totally my family though! lol...and my youngest looks exactly like dh did when he was a boy. It's amazing how much!! and both boys are tall and skinny like Dad.

I can't wait to see what this one is going to look like :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->