April 2012 babies due!!! Who else is due in April???

Sorry :(

Didn't mean to lecture it is just when you have to explain yourself a million times when people want to know The Due Date it kind of just comes out like an automated recorded response. A fair amount of people just will not accept a two week 'expected to arrive' window and want to know why you won't be specific (or just genuinely believe babies actually are always born on a specific given day and all those that are not are Early or Late)

It was all said with a little humour though. I guess that didn't come across in the typed rather than spoken word. :cry:

I also hope to avoid the horror that is the endless well meaning excited relatives keep asking is it here yet from the official due date onwards. I know they are just excited and all full of anticipation but from my experience of all that with the other three I became quite murderous after the 10th asking in one day. So I am just not telling anyone. Porbably silly but it might just save my sanity.

I kinda understand what you mean tinypixie......this little one is due on April 1st and when I tell people they are like "ohhhh, hahaha, April fools" so now I just say "end of March, beginning of April" to avoid the hassle.
Some people need to understand that no matter when you are due, baby is going to come when baby is ready!
I've had one baby who was due in September and born in October, and another baby due in November but born in October and my other girl was due on june 10 and born on June 20.

I feel the same way sometimes, only the ladies on B n B know my due date, as for customers at work and friends I just say mid-April. I know babies come when they are good and ready!

My DH has finished painting my DSs new bedroom and wants to start on he nursery....I wanted to wait until after he baby is born as don't know the gender and I figure he/she will be in with us for the first few weeks anyway. Apparently he doesn't think he will have he energy to do it after....exactly who will be the one giving birth? Lol. I guess it's nice in a way - so I now am looking for neutral nursery ideas, I'm thinking of a polka dot theme.....any website links would be great.

Hope all you ladies have a lovely weekend. X

Sorry :(

Didn't mean to lecture it is just when you have to explain yourself a million times when people want to know The Due Date it kind of just comes out like an automated recorded response. A fair amount of people just will not accept a two week 'expected to arrive' window and want to know why you won't be specific (or just genuinely believe babies actually are always born on a specific given day and all those that are not are Early or Late)

It was all said with a little humour though. I guess that didn't come across in the typed rather than spoken word. :cry:

I also hope to avoid the horror that is the endless well meaning excited relatives keep asking is it here yet from the official due date onwards. I know they are just excited and all full of anticipation but from my experience of all that with the other three I became quite murderous after the 10th asking in one day. So I am just not telling anyone. Porbably silly but it might just save my sanity.

I only asked you because I didn't want you to feel left out of the first post....I was trying to be "nice". I don't really think any of us actually THINK that the due date MEANS that is exactly when the baby will come...it's just a frame of reference! Believe me...it'll be the last time I ask, that's for sure. And no, I didn't find the humor in your post. Maybe I am a little hormonal, but your post really rubbed me the wrong way, particularly because it was directed at me.

Sadly it seems I don't fit in here if it is that easy to offend and upset people.

I am sure I shall find another forum where myself and my perhaps innappropraite way of saying things is taken as tongue in cheek as they are meant.

Nice meeting some of you. Wishing you all the very best in your coming months.

Seeya Tinypixie...wishing you all the best for the birth of your little one.

WOOHOOO.......30 weeks today!!!!!!!

WOOHOOO.......30 weeks today!!!!!!!

:happydance: kirst!! I'll be there soon! I can't believe that we are already in our 3rd trimester...it seems a little surreal.

What is everyone doing this weekend? The weather is crappy here...so we're being somewhat unproductive. Hopefully tomorrow will allow us more outside time (without freezing)!

Is anyone having trouble with SPD(https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/symphysis-pubic-dysfunction.aspx ?? I have been having this pain on and off since 16 weeks. I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse :nope:

Tell me about it mbababy...this pregnancy has gone quite fast anyway, but to think we're already in our 3rd trimester is doing my head in. I see my midwife every 2 weeks now and the next time will be 2nd Feb and that seems real soon.....the rest of this pregnancy is going to fly!

I have never had problems with SPD during pregnancy but have know people who have been in agony with it.....apparently it goes away quite quick afterward if thats any consolation.

ohhh, as for the weekend.....its 12pm Sunday here....yesterday I sat on the couch disliking the heat and today I've done almost nothing and the weekend has almost gone.
Tomorrow Miss 2 starts at kindy which I'm freaking out a little bit about!

Morning Ladies,

I, too, can't believe how fast the weeks are flying! I just have a few days till my 30 wk mark too!! WOohoo!

It's cold here. We are supposed to see a bit of snow this morning, but I dont' know if we'll get it. It's been pretty wet for a few days. More rain on the way. But that's ok,we are finally getting some Winter, which we really need....unfortantly, my arthritis does NOT like it! lol

Hi Ladies :flower:

I need to catch up on this thread, not been one in for a while :wacko:

I've attached a couple of pics of our 4D scan we had on Sunday. Gender guesses welcome :happydance:

Can't speak english now :haha:

I mean 'not been on it for a while' :wacko:

Awwwww cute pics Nat!!!!

I get to see Zach again, I have another U/S booked March 5th :dance: It's just a regular one though, but still :dance:

I've developed SPD. I am in pain all the time. Getting a support belt and seeing a chiropractor tomorrow. At least it's not my kidneys. Nonetheless, not sure how I'll make it to 37 weeks working full-time like this :cry:

26 weeks today, only 12 to go...

Wow, awesome pics Nat! TBH, i never noticed the spelling/grammar errors in your first post, lol!!!

Junebug - I hope the chiropractor helps...I know people who've suffered with SPD and it can be agony.

Yesterday i got an appointment to see my ob to see about getting my tubes done...I had to reschedule though as it was at 10.50am on 13 February and my re-scan is 10.30am the same day....and the appointments are in 2 different towns, lol. The lady that I spoke to at the annex was really good though because my midwife was there at the time they have teed up and I will get a new appointment. Hopefully its just after my scan and then they will have the results of that too. I'm starting to get a bit worried now, just hoping that bubs has healthy kidneys...fingers crossed!

Great scan pics Nat!

Oh ouch Junebug, I'm sorry :(

Blah, this is the only pregnancy I've had the joy of heartburn. Twice now, I've woken up on the verge of being sick because of it. I find that not laying down for 2 or 3 hrs after eating really helps.

Dorian - I know the joy of heartburn too....it sucks big time!! I've had it with all of my pregnancies! I had been taking mylanta for it but find it doesn't really help but the other week we had a bottle of cream in the fridge so I just had a wee mouthful of that (sounds gross, but I love cream, lol) and it helped immensely!!

Hi Ladies!

Nat, unfortunately I can't see your pics as my firewall at work blocked them, but I'll look tonight from home. I'm sure they're adorable :)

Junebug, sorry to hear about the SPD. I am also suffering from it, and it is really starting to become a problem. Last night I got almost no sleep and thought I was going to burst into tears just trying to change position slightly. It's really awful. I may try to get a support belt....let me know if yours helps you at all.

Kirst, hope you're able to get your appts together...it is so much easier that way. I'm sure your lil one will be fine....thinking nothing but positive vibes for you...

Dorian, I can relate to the heartburn too :( My OB prescribed me Pepcid, and that does help. I take it twice a day, and as long as I stay away from those "trigger" foods, I've been doing ok.

AFM, I have my glucose test tomorrow as well as a quickie heartbeat check. Hopefully I'll pass and not have to do the follow-up test. I have another growth scan on 2/8, and am looking forward to seeing my bubs again. I also started my shower registry last night...Babies R Us is just so overwhelming...I really just want to run from the store screaming. I'm not finding it enjoyable to shop there at all! :nope:

Oh Mbababy :-( I didn't sleep last night either because of the pain. I can't walk, sit or lay down without wanting to cry :cry: It is horrible!!!! I'll keep you posted on the support belt and chirl :hugs:

I take ranitidine (Zantac) for my heart-burn and it works wonders.

I passed my glucose challenge test on Monday with flying colours. Thank goodness, can't deal with another issue right now...

Started a journal BTW ladies, link is in my siggy in case you want to stalk me :hugs:

Lovely scan pic Nats, I will guess girl for the gender.....I have my scan booked for Saturday and seeing your pictures has made me so excited...the kids can't wait!!

JB - I am sorry to hear you are feeling so down with your SPD - hopefully you will find some relief soon, I can't imagine having to work full time through so much pain. :hugs: - I will be sure to stalk your journal. He he

Dorian - my heartburn seems to come and go, I can have days of severe heartburn no matter what I eat or at what time....I too like JB take Zantac, nothing else compares in my opinion. Tums don't do a thing for me.

Mbababy. I hope the GTT goes ok, I did mine over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing from my Dr so I am assuming no news is good news so to speak.
It wasn't as bad as I thought, you will be fine.

AFM - we have finished DSs bedroom makeover, he has now moved in to his new room. DH has started stripping DSs old bedroom in preparation for the nursery. I have decided I want hardwood floors so the carpet is coming up tonight....DS had a real fascination with BLu Tak which we discovered was embedded in his carpet when we dismantled his bed....lol I am thinking mint green for the nursery color but am open to any suggestions.....sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->