April 2012 babies due!!! Who else is due in April???

Kirst, that is great news! I’m glad to hear it. I have my NT scan Monday the 26th.

I still have “morning” sickness all day, its worse in the evenings.

HI Ladies, just thought I'd check in as well. I, too, have been lucky in the MS department. Just some slight aversions every now and then, but otherwise, no MS. The only real symptoms I'm having right now are sore BBs and feeling tired all of the time.

I have my 11 week scan on Monday 9/26, and my NT scan on 10/4. *Crossing my fingers* for both of them to be good scans!!

Good luck to the rest of you with scans coming up soon! And :hugs: to all of you still dealing with MS (and hair loss!)!

For those that are working, when do you plan on telling your employer?

At the end of first tri (due to the ongoing risk of miscarriage - don't want to send them in panic mode until everyting is clear) and after the CVS results are back!

At the end of first tri (due to the ongoing risk of miscarriage - don't want to send them in panic mode until everyting is clear) and after the CVS results are back!

Is there a specific reason as to them doing the CVS? or is it a standard thing over there?

Things like that aren't offered here (New Zealand) unless there are underlying factors behind them.

I know they won't offer CVS unless the ultrasound and blood test come back unfavorable.

Depends on where you live: in Canada you can just opt to go straight to CVS and skip the FTS :hugs:

All the FTS does is readjust your age-related risk. I want to know with 100% certainty: I'm a medical geneticist and do this for a living, so I've seen "lowered" FTS risks (1/500 for example) still being born with Down syndrome... Almost a curse to know too much :nope:

Depends on where you live: in Canada you can just opt to go straight to CVS and skip the FTS :hugs:

All the FTS does is readjust your age-related risk. I want to know with 100% certainty: I'm a medical geneticist and do this for a living, so I've seen "lowered" FTS risks (1/500 for example) still being born with Down syndrome... Almost a curse to know too much :nope:

Thanks for the clarification. I fully agree, too much knowledge is sometimes a curse!!

When I was pregnant with number 3, I was in hospital with hyper-emesis and there was a lady in who had a downs baby....she was classified as being a very mild case though. This lady had both the bloods and the NT scan and told that she was very low risk as well.

Yes, unfortunately screening tests are only screening tests...

Sorry you had to be hospitalized for hyper-emesis, yikes! Hopefully this time around you don't have the severe nausea :hugs:

I've already been in hospital this time around junebug, lol
Its ok though....they have me on some good anti emetics now and although I feel nauseous most days I'm not actually vomiting which is great!!!

:hugs: hun!!!
Yup, the anti-emetics are what kept me from puking last time round! The nausea was there all day long, but at least I didn't have to run to the loo while assessing patients :thumbup: I hope it gets better for you in second tri!!!

Congrats!! And welcome to the board Jtiki.

Hi, Im due 2nd April 12, I have 15yr son, 11yr daughter, 4yr stepson..........think I must be mad!! x

Welcome and congrats jtiki and goingloopy!!! :happydance::happydance:

AFM, I just had my 11 week scan this morning. My little one was wiggling all around and waving to me!! It was amazing to see!!! Next week, I have my NT scan....FXed!!

I had my NT scan today. It measured 1.2 and nasal bone was present. Now waiting for blood test.

Hello ladies,
I hope everyone is well and enjoying your pregnancies so far! I am a 3rd year student midwife from Edinburgh, Scotland and have joined this forum for some help! I hope you won't be annoyed I have joined but I have to make a poster and leaflet regarding 'Mothers over 35'. I was wondering if any of you have any stories in the way you have been treated. Have there been any prejudice/discrimination against you because you are older? It is mainly aimed at first time mum's but if any of you have a story I would love to hear it so I can develop a theme. My poster will most likely be aimed at Midwives to inform them about care and management for women over 35. Please help if you can. Thank you!!!
Melanie

Melanie, I would be happy to help you any way I can. I am 36 and pregnant with my first. So far I haven't really had any negative experiences or reactions from people although you never know, as my pregnancy progress I may get some, LOL. I would be pleased to help in any way I can though, please feel free to PM me.
Katy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->