April 2013 Rainbows - PMA and support thread

Congrats Bensyboo on your little miracle :) sore boobs are a great sign xx

I feel more at home on this thread than the other one I've been checking regularly- the April Munchkins 2013 thread in First Trimester. On there, lots of women are talking about the stuff they are buying for their pregnancy or babies to be and plans they are making. I feel like I have nothing in common with them as I don't really believe mine will live and haven't made any plans or bought anything.

I know Jen. My MIL was around today making plans for our "nursery" and getting me to look at nursery sets. I was mortified! I'm just not going to feel secure in this pregnancy until I'm 37 weeks lol!

Yeah, I could understand that. Mortified is a good word for it. We haven't told anyone yet, and I would feel like that if anyone congratulated me. I haven't even called the RE yet to tell them and start the betas and such even though I got my BFP nine days ago. I'll call tomorrow, I guess.

Jenx - I also agree!! I am definitely not taking this time for granted or planning in advance like I was last time. I think at 14 weeks I might at least start to relax a little but only a little!

Ladies I did have my second scan today at about 6W5D. I saw the baby's heartbeat which was very clear on the ultrasound. :cloud9: Instead of making me feel better though it only made me more terrified! It is exactly what happened last time. I saw the baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks and then two weeks later the heart stopped. I am so terrified of the same thing happening this time. My Dr. was nice and is only making me wait until next week to get another ultrasound. It is going to be a very long week. :nope:

The first time you saw a heartbeat with the mmc was baby measuring according to your dates?

The first time you saw a heartbeat with the mmc was baby measuring according to your dates?

Yes, the ultrasound tech even said that the heartbeat looked nice and strong. That is why I guess I am feeling even more stress now that I have seen the heartbeat. I am really going to have to work hard to make myself calm this week until the next ultrasound.

The good thing is that last time I had to go on progesterone supplements in my 6th week after it dropped to a low level. However, at least this time I have been on progesterone since the day after I got my BFP.

Etoiles, that's good then :) The only reason I asked is because with my MMC the baby was small for the dates I knew were right :( Then I lost it a week later but if you're measuring on track then hopefully everything is good and healthy this time xx

Etoiles, that's good then :) The only reason I asked is because with my MMC the baby was small for the dates I knew were right :( Then I lost it a week later but if you're measuring on track then hopefully everything is good and healthy this time xx

Same here. For my last mc, when I went for the first ultrasound at 6 weeks exactly, they said it looked like 4 weeks, but I knew all my dates were right. That was my first clue things were going wrong. Glad yours is measuring true to date.

This is a rainbow baby thread. The rules are that everyone in this thread brings a rainbow back in April 2013 :)

This is a rainbow baby thread. The rules are that everyone in this thread brings a rainbow back in April 2013 :)

I'm trying! I even called the RE this morning to get started with betas and such. I'll probably go for testing first thing tomorrow morning.

Hi Ladies,

I had my scan today and it's not looking good :cry: i should be 6 weeks and 2 days (or there about) and am showing 5 weeks. The sac is there but there's no fetal pole yet.

I'm not hopeful but my husband is trying to convince me to think the best.

Something is obviously wrong with me - surely they must do some tests now??

Etoiles - i understand your anxiety. Will they give you another scan before 12 weeks now, or do you have to wait till then?

X

Hi Ladies,

I had my scan today and it's not looking good :cry: i should be 6 weeks and 2 days (or there about) and am showing 5 weeks. The sac is there but there's no fetal pole yet.

Etoiles - i understand your anxiety. Will they give you another scan before 12 weeks now, or do you have to wait till then?

X

Blondee, they will probably check your beta hcg levels and give you another scan in a week or so. Not much else they can do. I went through something very similar, and to make myself feel better, I found a whole bunch of stories online of misdiagnosed miscarriages. There was an entire section on babies measuring behind and story after story where they had caught up in growth by the next scan or everything turned out fine. It didn't, in my case, but just know that everything could be okay for you.

Hi Ladies,

X

Oh no Blondee, I'm so sorry. Is there any chance you got your dates wrong? :hugs:

Just read through this thread and hoping to join you ladies.

I feel like I need to tell someone, but I don't feel like I can. My best friend and my mom are the two who I usually talk to about everything but neither of them can resist sharing exciting news, even if I asked them not to :haha:

I never even thought about it with my other pregnancies. We told everyone practically before the stick dried. This one feels so different. I want to be happy. I want to be excited. I want someone to be excited for me!

Blondee I'm so sorry for the discouraging news. Hopefully things will work out.

rainkat, I am excited for you :D You're due the day after me - yay!

Thanks girlinyork :flower:
Are you looking for a bump buddy?

I can feel something like excitement coming on. As I'm reading these threads it's feeling more real.

I called my midwife today. I'm booked for Sept. 10. That seems so far away!!

I always need bump buddies :)

I was booked in today. My GP insisted on dating me by my LMP which I knew was wrong. My midwife was happy to go by my dates though which is nice :)

I'm not too sure when my due date will end up. I'm not super regular and have no idea when I o'd.

Last month I wrote everything on my calendar and symptom spotted like crazy. I was convinced I was pregnant and devastated when AF arrived so I forced myself not to think about it this month. I am in shock that I am actually here.

I forced myself not to think about it. Think that really helped me get pregnant but I was half arsedly doing OPKs so I know when I ovved x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->