April 2013 Rainbows - PMA and support thread

Welcome BeachChica, What a beautiful little bean!
Sorry for your losses. Hopefully they have everything figured out and this is your sticky.

My symptoms seem to come and go like everyone else. Mostly just tired and sore bbs. I told my sister yesterday. She's the only one who knows other dh. I sent her a picture of my latest test. It felt soooo good to tell someone and have them be happy for me. Last pregancy I got my BFP the day I left on a 3 week vacation, and had a natural mc 2 days before we came home. I regret never having a chance to share my news, even if it didn't end well.

Thanks girls for the welcome! Its definitely a difficult process. We seem to tell fewer and fewer people each time I get pregnant. We told our parents early but other family member we just told yesterday. I won't start telling work etc until I am at least 12 weeks.

Jen - Its so hard to tell on the size when they are that small. So don't worry. Even my last pregnancy when I was measuring behind, my doctor always said things were looking fine. They pay more attention to the progression rather than the size at that stage. I wish I would have had the tissue tested just to know the reason for the loss but something got screwed up at the hospital with my sample.

Jen - Its so hard to tell on the size when they are that small. So don't worry. Even my least pregnancy when I was measuring behind, my doctor always said things were looking fine. They pay more attention to the progression rather than the size at that stage. I wish I would have had the tissue tested just to know the reason for the loss but something got screwed up at the hospital with my sample.

My last one measured nearly 2 weeks behind from the very first scan. Progress was slow, and no heartbeat was detected. It was crushing.

I had the same problem with the sample from my first mc. The operating room staff put it in formalin, a preservative, and then no cells could be grown and nothing could be learned. For the second mc, they were able to do testing, and we found that the baby had trisomy 2 (an extra #2 chromosome) and there was no way it could have lived. We also learned that it had been a girl.

While there was nothing that could have been done, knowing the results of the testing really helped me to heal faster. I knew it wasn't my fault and that it was unlikely to happen again, and that just made me feel more at peace. I'll always wonder what went wrong with the first one, and if it was something that could've been prevented.

:hugs: I completely understand! My 3rd loss was a Trisomy 12, also no chance of survival. It would have helped to know what happened with #4 just to see if it was normal or another chromosome problem. Have you been tested for progesterone since you've been pregnant?

Yes, just this morning. Should have results back Monday on that.

Good news! I heard back from my doctor's office with my 2nd beta results. 1st was 857 on the 22nd, 2nd was 1902 this morning. Yay! Now I can feel a little reassured through the weekend!

I wish I has betas :( (other than the ones I made up to make myself feel included)

Girlinyork- will your doc not do them? After losses I think it's important for docs to check progesterone levels and HcG to make sure they are doubling. Not sure why they don't.

The cut off point in the UK is 3 losses before they do tests :(

I wish I has betas :( (other than the ones I made up to make myself feel included)

:haha:

Me too. I don't even have my first appt. till Sept. 10. I'll be 8 weeks by then. Technically my pregancy hasn't even been confirmed.

The cut off point in the UK is 3 losses before they do tests :(

That stinks. I'm sorry! My doctor would not start RPL testing until after 3 losses either but betas are such a simple blood test, I don't know why they are so difficult about doing them for you. :growlmad:

Well, my levels went from 905 at 18dpo (4w4d) to 16,646 at 24dpo (5w3d). A very large jump (quadrupled within the "doubling" timeframes), so could go either way... :-/

I doubt twins, I'm just hoping for a healthy living baby, period. Hoping it's not indicative of a problem. Crazy that something that seems so positive can concern me so much, but I don't have the best history, and I kind of have the odds stacked against me as it is...

Elohcin- I had a high HcG rate also (more than doubling) I was so worried about a molar pregnancy. My doctor laughed at me for worry so much but everything was fine. I am sure everything will be fine for you too!!! :thumbup:

Here are my levels:

7/26- 215 3w6d
7/30- 2251 4w3d
8/2- 9497 4w6d

Hi I have just found out i am pregnant again following a MMC earlier this year. EDD is 28th April I think. I feel a bit blahh but haven't really got symptoms just yet, early days I suppose! I can't help but feel worried but am trying to stay relaxed and positve which is proving difficult. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->