April 2013 Rainbows - PMA and support thread

Hi Ladies,

I had my scan today and it's not looking good :cry: i should be 6 weeks and 2 days (or there about) and am showing 5 weeks. The sac is there but there's no fetal pole yet.

Blondee I'm so sorry. :( I hope everything works out okay for you.

Mind if I join? I was in the PAL after recurrent losses thread but this seems more appropriate.

I have had 7 losses. This is my 11th pregnancy. Though it's the first one where I am on thyroid meds (for Hashimoto's, likely), so I pray it helps.

Just called for the results of my first blood draw last week, bhCG was 905 at 18dpo. Haven't been back so don't have a repeat draw yet to check doubling. I have an appointment tomorrow and am hoping that if I am firm enough, they will take me seriously!

With seven losses they have to take you seriously! Thyroid meds sound promising though - hopefully this will crack the problem xx

Hope everyone is doing well!

I had a very rough day today and am just worried. This is about the same time last time that our little one passed away (about 7 weeks). Last time everything looked great on the 6 week ultrasound and the little heart was beating, baby was the right size and just two weeks later we found out it stopped. :(

I am having a rough time getting through this same time period with this little one and am worrying about every little thing or lack of this or that. I am having my next ultrasound on Monday and then I will see if this little one made it past the tough point.

Any suggestions on getting through this rough time? I am having a hard time staying positive and keep thinking that I will see the same result on my next ultrasound.

Mind if I join? I was in the PAL after recurrent losses thread but this seems more appropriate.

I have had 7 losses. This is my 11th pregnancy. Though it's the first one where I am on thyroid meds (for Hashimoto's, likely), so I pray it helps.

I am so sorry for all your losses! I don't know how you get through all of them. I am having a hard time just with one! I hope this time works out for you.

I'm having a wobble today too. My CB digi is still saying 2-3. Maybe you can make some plans and keep busy?

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your support. Sorry to hear some of you are feeling a bit low too.

My Doc didn't offer to check my HCG and i forgot to ask (am not on this planet at the moment). She said that there was every chance my dates were just wrong and to wait 2 weeks for another scan. She gave me a progesterone shot (i had them with my son, so i was keen to try and she volunteered it anyway).

So - as she put it - there is a chance. I just think with my history it is a slim chance. My OH is trying to convince me to stay positive but i don't think i can be.

Ok, well my in laws are coming tomorrow for a fortnight (yes, baaaad timing - they offered to stay away but i think we need to keep busy) so i guess at least i won't get chance to wallow.

Anyone had any new symptoms?? I am very light headed and feeling faint......is that even a symptom??:dohh:

Wishing you all good luck :flower:

Blondee, when you're pregnant your blood pressure drops making you feel faint and light headed. I really hope you were off with your dates and that you have a healthy and beautiful little baby growing in there xx

Hi ladies,

My Doc didn't offer to check my HCG and i forgot to ask (am not on this planet at the moment). She said that there was every chance my dates were just wrong and to wait 2 weeks for another scan. She gave me a progesterone shot (i had them with my son, so i was keen to try and she volunteered it anyway).

So - as she put it - there is a chance. I just think with my history it is a slim chance. My OH is trying to convince me to stay positive but i don't think i can be.

Ok, well my in laws are coming tomorrow for a fortnight (yes, baaaad timing - they offered to stay away but i think we need to keep busy) so i guess at least i won't get chance to wallow.

Anyone had any new symptoms?? I am very light headed and feeling faint......is that even a symptom??:dohh:

You might look into supporting your adrenals. It's common for them to feel fatigued in pregnancy (especially if you already have children), making it harder for them to keep up with the demands of your body.

Hi ladies,

You might look into supporting your adrenals. It's common for them to feel fatigued in pregnancy (especially if you already have children), making it harder for them to keep up with the demands of your body.

Oooh - how do i do that?? I am feeling very blonde having to ask that :haha:

Hi ladies,

Oooh - how do i do that?? I am feeling very blonde having to ask that :haha:

Here is another thread where I just recently posted what I do for adrenals :)
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...145351-need-advice-please-2.html#post20662269

Had second beta draw this morning. Impatiently waiting for results. Feel like I'm holding my breath....just hoping this won't be like the last two failed pregnancies. I really need it to go right for a change.

I really hope it goes well.

I am being such a worry wart today. My symptoms are really mild today

Try not to worry too much. I know, I should take my own advice! My symptoms have been very mild so far, hardly anything to speak of. Hopefully it is not because this bean is going to fail. I'll feel a lot better if I just find out that my numbers have been rising nicely. Of course they rose nicely last time and I still lost it, but it'll be a step in the right direction.

They'll probably peak again soon and then I'll miss the calm

I feel so similar to most of you. I also felt yesterday morning like I woke up and my symptoms were gone which was very scary. Even my breasts weren't sore which is unusual. However, a few hours later they were sore again and in the evening I did not feel 100%. I don't feel as sick as I had been but I did read some things that say symptoms come and go during pregnancy but it sure doesn't make me feel very confident!

Can't wait til this is over and I've got my wee baby in my arms

Hi girls! Hoping to join you! I have been nervous about coming over to the PAL thread but for some reason I feel like it's time. I am 8 weeks today and due on April 4th.

Here's a little about me... I have been TTC since 2009. I am 39 (DH is 41) and this is my 5th pregnancy after 4 losses (all D&C's). I have been seeing an RE since my 3rd loss and have been through all of the RPL testing. My doctor has not been able to find a reason for my losses. My 3rd loss was a chromosomal issue. During that pregnancy they found that my pregnant progesterone level was low. By the time we discovered this and started taking the meds I was always about 7 weeks and I think it was too late. I did have 3 scans that time with heartbeats but I was always measuring just over a week behind. That loss was around New Years. After that loss I took a 6 month break, started taking CoQ10 to help my egg quality as well as my prenatals, extra folic acid (Folgard 2.2) and baby aspirin. I also started taking progesterone 5 DPO. Last month I found out that I was pregnant and I am nervously excited, hoping that this will be our sticky bean. I have had 2 scans so far with heartbeats - one at 5w6d and another at 7w6d (yesterday). I seem to be measuring right on track this time and everything looks good (so far!). They did see on my 1st scan this time that my ovaries are not as active as they should be producing progesterone so I am hoping that was my problem, which now should be resolved with the supplements. These next couple weeks will be a critical time for me but I feel more positive this time! Hopefully this will be a H&H 9 months for us all. :dust:

I hope you girls don't mind, but I posted my scan pic from yesterday below. If anyone has some to share I would love to see them.

I also have caught up on the thread so looking forward to chatting with you all!
Just a few comments from some of the previous posts -

I feel more comfortable over here too than in the 1st tri threads just because some of those girls don't know what it's like to experience a loss. Which is great for them, but for us, we have different fears, questions, etc after a loss and it's nice to talk with others who have been through similar experiences and are sharing the same concerns. After a loss you just worry I think the whole pregnancy so its nice to be with others that do too.

Blondee - :hugs: Hope everything turns out OK. Just try to stay positive!! FX!!!

Elohcin - so sorry about the 7 losses. Were they able to figure out what is going on?

Girlinyork - Thanks for starting the thread! Try not to worry too much about your symptoms (I know it's hard), they come and go. I have very mild ones too that some days seem worse than others.

Rooster - you are due on my birthday!!! :happydance:

Good luck girls on the upcoming scans! :dust:

Attachments

• 082312_7w6d.jpg
    082312_7w6d.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2
Etoiles, that would be scary to me too. But so is a lack of symptoms, so be glad you've got some!

BeachChica, glad you could join us. It is nice to have the support of others who have been through what we've been through. Sounds like you are on the right track this time. I'm so nervous that I'll measure behind again when I finally get my scan. Fingers crossed that I will have as good of results as you are getting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->