**April Bunnies 2015**

Oswin the swim pasts are so cool! I think that is more exciting than the actual heart beat. At least you know they're doing something.

Just fulfilled my daily goal of throwing up at work before lunch time. I'm so over this sickness.

so sorry you still feel sick northern. I hope your ms eases up soon.

is it just me or is it normal to be hungrier on 1st tri? I've had almost no appetite recently but now I'm hungry again but unfortunately there's nothing that I feel like eating. everything I think of makes me sick.

Just had pregnancy confirmed by the doctor, due April 27th as I had worked out myself, gotta love the internet :) Really hoping to hold on until the start of May, hubby's birthday! The test came up positive immediately, so at least that's something even if we don't get early scans here.

This is all so surreal!! Bursting to tell someone, but we really want to wait until at least the 12 weeks scan.

Double digits today! Progress indeed!
I have taken way too long to realize this! But you and I turn a new week on the same day! 9 weeks for me today. I am excited to be in the fetal stage! Double digits is even better! Something so exciting about that.

Got the doppler and baby did a swim-past :rofl: it was amazing!! I guess cos I'm quite fat, and the c-sec has left my tummy very loose, I couldn't get baby strong enough to show on the doppler, but could hear it faintly for about 30 secs, then I just kept the wand still and pointed down for a bit and suddenly a really loud really fast beating that registered on the doppler screen as around 168. Lasted about ten seconds. SWIM PAST!!!! :wohoo:
That's great Oswin! It's so cool to hear the baby moving! You are making me want a doppler. But I've been resisting because I am pretty sure I'd be using it every 5 seconds.

My cat is gone! :'-(
:hugs: Wow! You are having it rough lately. I hope your cat shows up and things start to look up for you soon.

My son let me sleep in until 10:00 this morning. I can't believe I slept that late, but I definitely don't feel like I'm dragging today. I think I ate a bad piece of watermelon this morning. On my second bite, it tasted terrible and I spit it back out. I hope that won't affect the baby too much. My boobs are in serious pain today. So far, no sickness today, and I hope I don't feel like a zombie today like I did yesterday!
Yay! The baby on my ticker is looking like a small human! The tail is gone and it now has arms and legs.

kirsty- thanks for the info. I go to the hospital where it's a tech and maybe a radiologist talks to you. However, after last time I'm avoiding the radiologist like the plague. He came in and immediately told me "Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but". I thought I was going to have an imminent loss and was distraught. Some doctors should stay far, far away from patients...

Xanzaba- I know what you mean. I think sometimes doctors/ health professionals feel the need to prepare you for the worst case scenario. When my son was born, he had to be checked back into the hospital due to jaundice. And before he even went under the bilirubin light for treatment, this doctor told me that his levels might get so high that he would need a blood transfusion! And that he'd need to be sent to another hospital for that. Oh my god, I panicked. And of course none of that was necessary. He was fine after being under the light. The nurses were trying to comfort me saying that some doctors just don't know how to talk to patients.

Beanonorder, I'm sorry you are having such an awful week!! :hugs:

I can't wait to find out how far along I really am. I could be as little as 7+1 today. U/S is a week from today! In the meantime, I think I'm going to go buy some transitional clothes today. I'm over feeling like a chunk in my regular clothes every day! Of course, it would help if I could slow my roll with this weight gain... If I keep it up at this rate, in a few more months I'm not going to fit through the door! :blush: Sadly, snacking has been my most effective form of nausea management. :shrug:

Gah, aren't some doctors awful? That's like the nurse that told me I was going to mc my daughter @ 6 weeks (obvs I did not) and the doctor that looked at her 20-week u/s and proceeded to tell me she likely had cystic fibrosis or Down's syndrome (she's totally fine)!! Thanks for the worst-case scenario, guys! :dohh:

Rebecca, it throws off my day some to sleep that late, but maaan does that sound good right now! Glad you got some good shut-eye! :thumbup: :sleep:

Mewolkens, I'm so sorry.

Beanonorder, you poor thing! I hope your cat comes back. And condolences on the loss of your grandfather.

I had a tiny bit of pink discharge this morning, but nothing major... (TMI) because I'm using progesterone suppositories I get a pretty good idea of what's going on in there every day, and there wasn't even any pink tint. So I'm not going to worry.

I'm in maternity leggings today! And I think I might have to buy bigger underwear, all of mine are bikinis and they seem tight on my lower abdomen.

I also forgot how early pregnancy pushes my tummy pooch up and out and makes me look gigantic. Gah.

Off to do my blood panels, how fun!

Beanonorder i hope your cat's back soon. Ours went awol for days recently, it was awful!

Oh ladies I had the best nap with my dog. He's been so cuddly lately, and he just snuggled up to me with his head on my chest and my arm around him... cue the aaawww's lol

Aww! I love snuggling with my dogs. We recently made them start sleeping in their dog beds instead of the human bed, and I miss those cuddles!

Booked a private scan for next Tuesday at 8+5...nervously excited!

Yay GreyGirl! There are a bunch of people with scans now coming up in the next week. :) Those of us living vicariously are going to love that!

Is anyone else getting a tingling sensation in your boobs? Almost like let-down? I know it's not let-down because I don't have any milk yet, but that's what it feels like.

Oh ladies I had the best nap with my dog. He's been so cuddly lately, and he just snuggled up to me with his head on my chest and my arm around him... cue the aaawww's lol

I had an accidental nap on the couch yesterday with our dog, she looked so cosy I snuggled up beside her with my arm around her and my head on her chest...next thing I knew it was an hour later :blush: She sleeps on my side of the bed most nights, she's huge, I get no space. And the cat sleeps between us....it's amazing we had a chance to conceive at all lol!

Rebecca, oh, that sensation! I haven't yet, this time, but last time my left bb started leaking at 17 weeks! That was a confusing day, let me tell you.

I could use some advice about how to deal with a situation, ladies. I just got off the phone with my grandma. She said that my dad told her that his wife's feelings were a little hurt because when we announced the pregnancy to them, I only got my dad a "Grandfather" shirt and nothing for her. I did not even think twice about that, as she is a very drama free, down to earth lady. She has 5 grandchildren of her own, while this will be my dad's first biological grandchild. She will be pretty much the only "Grandma" figure to my child (DH and my mother both are passed away), and of course I want her to be that role. I just don't know how to handle it now that I've heard third hand that her feelings were hurt. Should I call her and say that I'm sorry I did not think to get her a gift as well but that I look forward to the role she will play in the child's life? Or just be sure to recognize her in the future? She really is a very laid back person. It surprises me so much to hear this, but I guess babies bring out different parts of people.

Just vomited for the second time... I'm afraid to eat but I'm so hungry.

citymouse we put our dog in his kennel when we dtd ;) A couple of times he's just been laying on the bed while we do and it just makes me feel like I'm scarring him :haha: He takes up an awful lot of room though we've been thinking about having him sleep in his own bed.

Yay for the scan greygirl! Mine is on Friday, tomorrow I can say tomorrow! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->