**April Bunnies 2015**

Sarah that's tough. Will your child call her their grandma? What was your intention by not getting one for her? If it was because she already has grandbabies, I would definitely call her and tell her you got your dad that because it's his first but you didn't think she'd care for one since her kids already have kids. Then just include her in the future :) Let us know how it works out, she sounds nice I'm sure she'll appreciate if you talk to her about it.

Sarah- Sometimes babies bring out a different side. That's what happened with my MIL. But I will say that she came down here this weekend, and she was wonderful! I think maybe sometimes both sides just need to sort out their feelings. Since I don't know your step-mother, I can't really say for sure what would be the best move. But I probably wouldn't call and apologize because I think that might make things awkward esp. if you weren't technically supposed to know. I'd just include her in the future, and let her know that you're really glad she will be this baby's grandmother.

Sarah - that's a tricky situation, I can see her side, but I can see why you didn't get her anything, too! Were you meant to know? Was she moaning about it to your grandma or were you not meant to hear it?
If I were you I'd just ring or go round and tell her how you actually feel, since you like her so much, and are glad she'll be your child's grandma. I'd hate to think of her being really sad, and having the wrong end of the stick!

Yay! That is great!

I am exhausted. There is no other way to describe how I feel. I keep getting dizzy spurts. I think I might have an iron deficiency after almost 5 weeks of throwing up every morsel of meat and egg I've tried to eat. My tired has gone from "I need a nap" to "I can't carry my own body around". Rawwrrr I am so ready to stop feeling like crap.

Sarah- I can imagine that her feelings might be a bit hurt, but I think I would just let it pass and make sure I mention later how important she will be to your little one in conversation. Hearing something second hand also sometimes makes it worse too. I'm sure if she's as down to earth as you describe she's not going to hold a grudge :)

Eidson, how sweet! Lovely sound!

Sarah, if she's low drama and important to you, I would just bring it up and get it out of the way. Apologize but also explain your side, and tell her you definitely think she's an important part of your baby's life.

Alternatively, you could go with "least said soonest mended" and just give her a little more special attention. Or look for something cute that says, "Grandparents!" or "Grandma!" and say you saw it and thought of her immediately and had to buy it because it was so cute. You could even say that you hadn't found anything cute enough until you saw this.

Sarah - It sounds like you have a good relationship with her, and your intention wasn't to alienate her, but you were excited that your dad was going to have his first biological child. I would just be honest with her about that, and that you are looking forward to her being a grandma to your children.

Citymouse that is a great idea. Sarah I think that is what I would probably do!

Booked a private scan for next Tuesday at 8+5...nervously excited!

Greygirl I just booked an early private scan as well! My new insurance doesn't kick in until October 1st and I couldn't wait that long! I booked an appointment on Thursday, Sept 18th when I will be between 9-10weeks along ... Can't wait!! :baby: :baby: :baby:

Rebecca, I have totally had that tingling feeling in my boobs! Especially my left one. It makes me nervous! Like, I never had much supply nursing DD, so if I start leaking before this baby is born I'm not going to be pleased! :p

Sarah, I'm sorry that happened with your stepmom. I hate when I inadvertently hurt someone's feelings. I agree that if you're careful to keep her in mind from now on, you will naturally smooth things over.

Northern, I'm so sorry you're feeling so exhausted! At least you're ten weeks, so you will be back to your normal self soon (fingers crossed)!

I did not sleep well last night, which is just magnifying how exhausted and grouchy I've been. Luckily I realized I have some unisom, so hopefully I'll get a better night's sleep tonight! :)

So we've told both our families...parents, sisters, brothers...and everyone has been very sweet about it. Im actually a little surprised we didn't get more comments about the closeness of age. But I will take it! The worst comment we got was "oops!" From my sister but she's just very sarcastic and I know she's really genuinely happy for us.

Sarah sorry about the tough situation! I'm sure if you are honest with her and address it she will appreciate it and understand! Explain to her what you told us...she sounds like a lovely women who enjoys being a part of your life :)

It's 8:15 pm and I'm heading to bed haha so exhausted!

Also, do you ladies have any suggestions for how to thank DH? He has been doing so much for me as I've been so sick...walking the dog, laundry, cooking. I tell him all the time how thankful I am. Unfortunately dtd isn't something I want to risk in first trimester and he's understanding.

Maybe a good bottle of booze? Haha

Northern I hope the doctor has some answers for you on dd. That has to be so hard right now.

Tara I've had that eye twitching thing, it's so nerve racking!! Nothing ever made it better then it just went away as quickly as it came on. Who knows why!

Well my nausea decided tonight would be a good time to come back heavily. I have a bad headache as well and still dizzy. Hopefully a nights rest will help matters so tomorrow I can work.

My eye has been twitching for the last two days, on and off. It was freaking me out!

Beanonorder, I'm sorry you are having such an awful week!! :hugs:

I can't wait to find out how far along I really am. I could be as little as 7+1 today. U/S is a week from today! In the meantime, I think I'm going to go buy some transitional clothes today. I'm over feeling like a chunk in my regular clothes every day! Of course, it would help if I could slow my roll with this weight gain... If I keep it up at this rate, in a few more months I'm not going to fit through the door! :blush: Sadly, snacking has been my most effective form of nausea management. :shrug:

Im in the same boat. :wacko: im busting out of my work pants.

Beanonorder, I'm sorry you are having such an awful week!! :hugs:

I can't wait to find out how far along I really am. I could be as little as 7+1 today. U/S is a week from today! In the meantime, I think I'm going to go buy some transitional clothes today. I'm over feeling like a chunk in my regular clothes every day! Of course, it would help if I could slow my roll with this weight gain... If I keep it up at this rate, in a few more months I'm not going to fit through the door! :blush: Sadly, snacking has been my most effective form of nausea management. :shrug:

Im in the same boat. :wacko: im busting out of my work pants.

Same here. I hope the nausea stops and I can eat normally again. I'll try to hit the gym tomorrow.

I had an eye twitch for like five months a couple of years back. I read somewhere that they can be caused by a vitamin D deficiency...?

I'm a naughty mommy! I've been taking it really easy yesterday and today because I got an extension on my work project, and today I stopped work two hours early and came back to my room to lounge in bed and watch So You Think You Can Dance, while my daughter is with the babysitter. I figure if she got my up at 5:45 this morning, I deserve a little relaxation time before I put her to bed (which is kind of like a cross between wrestling with a very strong monkey and herding cats).

Thanks again ladies. Still no sign of my cat. It really has been a rough week!

I'm a bit nervous for my appointment on Saturday. I really want to have some sign that baby is OK. But I don't want to push for another scan because I feel bad spending money on another one. I'd be happy to just hear the heartbeat but I don't know if they'll even try now. I'd be devastated to not do anything now and and then find out at 12 weeks that something was wrong the whole time. Do you think they'll try find the hb now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->