**April Bunnies 2015**

Yay for good scans and heartbeats!

Tara, that is so tough. I honestly think I would probably still go just to put my mind at ease, but if you can wait, it's such a special thing to share with your hubby. I'd say just trust your gut feeling. Hugs!

So sorry to everyone who is spotting. it's scary but I hope it clears up for all of you :hugs:

I wanted to respond to everyone individually but so fatigued tonight I may fall asleep soon. Dd seems to have slept by herself which is new but brilliant means I can feel free to drift off to dreamland!

TaraCathryn- I guess it depends on how your husband feels about it. Does he want you to just go ahead without him? My husband wasn't able to go to my early u/s with my son, and he wasn't able to go to this one either. To me, it didn't matter much because you can't see much that early on. The major part was to see the size of the baby and the HB.

Last time he came to the 12 week one. This time, I don't think his schedule is going to allow for him to come to any of them except just maybe the 20 week one. He is happy with me bringing home pictures and doesn't feel like he missed out. So, I'd personally just go to the first one by myself if my husband was fine with it. Well, actually, that's what I did. lol Anyway, if you do go by yourself just make sure they give you pictures.

Tara- I've had similar issues. I didn't push back my scan. The peace of mind was worth it to me since I had some bleeding and was worried. It's a long road ahead, with plenty of scans. You're probably too early to hear the heartbeat (though you might see it). In scan a couple of weeks ago, they didn't show me any images, so DH didn't miss anything. But if he'll feel put out, it may be worthwhile to push it back :)

Well, I went to the doctor. He didn't up my diclectin dose, he seemed ok with it and said it should end soon. I'm tachycardic again. I had a heart rate of 136 when I was pregnant with DD and had to get EKGs done. He sent me for another EKG and my rate was 114. He said he is going to refer me to the OBGYN early because I had pre-eclampsia last time. I have to go back and see him in two weeks.

Luckily, he found baby's heart rate really easily! OH was with me and able to hear it! It was 145!

Northern, do you drink caffeine? Does it make your heart rate faster?

I ask because my resting heart rate was always around 100 and when I started acupuncture and gave up caffeine it went down to the mid-80s. (If I exercised more it would probably be lower but I'm not going to do anything until I'm confident that the spotting is over.) Is it anxiety related for you or purely a physical condition?

I've had maybe 4 cups of coffee since finding out I was pregnant. I only drink water. It just happens to some people during pregnancy, apparently. I drink a lot of coffee when I'm not pregnant, you would think it would decrease!

Northern- I am sorry to hear about your high HR. Do you think it could be related to your HG at all?
But I am glad you and OH both got to hear baby's HB! That's very exciting!

Ugh, I randomly saw a picture of pasta online and now my brain is like THAT GET ME THAT GET ME THAT RIGHT NOW.

We did our reveal! I am NOT impressed with the pic of myself but at least it matches how terrible I feel!

Attachments

• reveal.jpg
    reveal.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 27
Northern- I like the picture! I love the expressions on each of your faces!

I don't know if any of you who already have children had Group B Strep during any of your pregnancies. But I had it with my son. I started getting curious this time around about whether there is a way to actually combat Group B Strep before you get to delivery.

Apparently, there is and several people have gotten it to go away. They recommend taking a daily capsule of vitamin c, eating yogurt regularly, and also making sure to eat garlic at least once a week if not more often. They also said you can take a garlic capsule if you can't stand eating it. Others also started a probiotic from early pregnancy. I don't know what probiotic to take for it, though. But right now I am trying yogurt, vitamin c, and garlic in hopes that I won't have Group B Strep this time. I know testing is a long way off, but I wanted to share what I learned. And possibly some of you already know something about fighting off Group B Strep. It was a miserable thing for me to have to be on that penicillin drip last time.

That's great so many of you have found hb! I have a Doppler from last pregnancy but not tried it yet! Maybe next week!

Northern that's a great reveal :) wee cutie your dd is !

So tired here! I can't handle this fatigue argh

I didn't have GBS with my son but did with my daughter. Hope I don't have it again this time.

I feel so run down today like I'm about to get a really bad cold :-( feel so crap!

I can't remember if I had it... I remember I had to go on antibiotics at about 38 weeks for something totally unrelated... if I had GBS, would the antibiotics at that stage have taken care of it? I feel like I got retested or something. But I could be remembering wrong.

Citymouse - I'd say it might be possible! I feel like there has to be a way to get rid of GBS without having to go on a penicillin drip during labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->