**April Bunnies 2015**

Beanorder, so glad your cat is back!! But sorry she kept you up :( hope your scan went well!

Welcome sweetmiss!

I feel like poo this morning, as I figured. Wish me luck getting through this day!!

Have a wonderful day today ladies.

Great scan pics ladies! Congrats!

Welcome sweetbliss!

I've been throwing up daily now :( sometimes after eating "triggers", other times on an empty stomach.

But the oddest thing happened! Citymouse, was it you who said you wanted pasta after you saw a pic of it? It's so odd because something similar happened to me. I don't eat red meat...simply because I don't like the taste. But every since I hit 6 wks + i've been off my regular food. I can't stand any veggies anymore and even seeing pictures of vegetables makes me a bit queasy. And I've thrown up after eating chicken, can't even touch turkey since my previous pregnancy (it used to make me throw up) and I can barely even look at fish. But I was watching a tv show and the people went to a restaurant and ordered meaty things...I literally couldn't get meat out of my head. Today I'm at my mom's and they are having fish scallops for lunch and some meatballs. I took a piece of scallop and one meatball. I didn't enjoy the fish and it made me queasy...but I loved the meatball and planning to get more! I can't get over how strange this is!!

DH picked up some swiss chard- a favorite veggie of mine and said he was going to cook it that night. The mention of chard made me gag, but when he cooked it, I scarfed it all down. He didn't even get a bite! Really bizarre. Other than that, I haven't really had cravings or aversions, though my stomach is upset quite a bit and I've been avoiding anything acidic and any milk products.

DH picked up some swiss chard- a favorite veggie of mine and said he was going to cook it that night. The mention of chard made me gag, but when he cooked it, I scarfed it all down. He didn't even get a bite! Really bizarre. Other than that, I haven't really had cravings or aversions, though my stomach is upset quite a bit and I've been avoiding anything acidic and any milk products.

I can't handle milk products during pregnancy either. Yesterday my DH wanted us to go out and get smoothies...I really thought we were getting like...only fruits but apparently there's milk. I kinda threw up when we got home :dohh:

Love, love those scan pics ladies! I have my second on Wednesday, and it cannot come soon enough. My sweet sis is coming with me. She wanted to come to one, and it is really hard for DH to get out of work, though he managed for the first one.

I have had some of the cavings you guys are talking about, though none of the weirder "pickles and peanut butter" cravings. I guess the strangest has been olives, but I told my dad maybe I was just craving a martini. LOL. Other than that someone was eating waffles on TV, and I HAD to go make some. And I couldn't get samosas out of my mind for like a week. Ha!

So I think I mentioned earlier in response to Rebecca (I believe?) that I had some brown CM last weekend, but it was gone by Tuesday. Well been all clear, then throughout the night last night when I went to the bathroom (like a million times), I always had tiny bits of rust color. Different from before, as it was not mixed with CM. Not sure that makes any difference. It was very light, so I'm trying not to worry too much. But it is so hard not to have major anxiety over this. I don't think I will call the doctor since it's so little and it's the weekend. I'm not cramping at all, so that's good. I do have that appointment Wednesday, so I think I'll just wait until then assuming it does not get any worse. Oh, I just can't wait until the beginning of october. First trimester really sucks, and I know I've had it easy compared to some of you guys.

Sarah- I know how you feel! I can't wait for a few more weeks to be done with the first trimester. Plus, my next appointment isn't until the very last day of September. So, I feel like it is forever away! I keep feeling tempted to call and see if they can't just make my appointment a week earlier. Since I will technically be 12 weeks then. But then I feel like that will probably seem petty. It's just hard to wait.
At least you are not cramping and it's only a little bit. I hope it clears up! It's never fun to see anything unusual when you go to the bathroom.

Thanks Rebecca. Waiting is the hardest part! Ha! Like you said, I'm sure everything is fine. It's just nerve wracking. This too shall pass, this too shall pass. My mantra for the next month. LOL

Oooh, but I did just notice, I'm an olive! Mmm..wish I could have a martini with that.

For the ladies having dark spotting- what they say is dark stuff is usually not a problem, and if it's spotting then odds are you are okay (still should talk to the doctor eventually though). And no cramps is also a good sign.

For me, I'm just happy when it's dark and spotting. I'm not going to say I'm not bleeding anymore, because that usually spurs bleeding. What can I say, this whole thing has made me superstitious :)

Thanks Xanxaba. Glad you're
not currently have any trouble with that. (shhh) ;)

Welcome, Sweetbliss!

Beanonorder, so happy about your cat! Hopefully you'll get a good night of sleep tonight.

Perplexed, yes, that was me! I'm extremely suggestible, so I either want something really specific or nothing sounds good at all. We went to breakfast this morning and afterward we stopped at the grocery store and just seeing all the foods made me feel gross. I had to go outside for fresh air.

Last pregnancy I went through a phase of wanting leafy green vegetables for breakfast. I ate brussels sprouts and spinach salads first thing in the morning!

Just found a miracle for ms and had to share with you ladies.

A friend sent me a care package <3 and in it were preggie pops. Well, around 3 in the afternoon I was feeling quite bad and decided to try one. Only 1/2 way through it and feel so much better! Looked them up and they sell them on amazon. I'm going to stock up :)

I've heard about those.

Do any of you ladies have any experience with hypnobirthing or plan on doing it this time around?

I'm thinking about it northern. I want a home birth this time so I'm going to look into it

I'm going to be delivering in the hospital but I'm really interested in it. A girl I used to know did it and I remember her telling me she felt basically nothing.

Xanzaba I have preggie pops :) they're yummy too :)

I did the Hypnobabies home study program. I started listening to the tracks and affirmations at about 34 weeks. I honestly think that made my (41 week) pregnancy so much more comfortable and less stressful. I was one of those women who says, "I could have been pregnant for another month and been fine with it."

That being said, for the actual birth, it wasn't effective for me. Maybe if I'd had some kind of natural progression -- mild contractions ("pressure waves") starting every ten minutes or so, then gradually becoming more intense and closer together... there's a chance I could have gotten into a rhythm with it. But I was induced, and I went from feeling mildly crampy for about a half hour to having full-blown contractions every 2 minutes, with no run-up at all. I simply didn't have enough time to get my head into the hypnosis. I can't even think of a point where I would have been able to put on my headphones!

So I got an epidural. Which I loved. But then I used the relaxation and birthing affirmations tracks all night, which I found very relaxing. The breathing was awesome and helped me calm the shakes the epidural was giving me. And then during pushing all the deep breathing I'd done made me able to push 4-5 times per contraction rather than 3. And I didn't feel tired, stressed, or even winded.

Also, the program I did educates you about how birth works within your body, which is nice. And it helped me decide on and verbalize (and birth-plan-ize) the atmosphere for my L&D experience.

All in all, I loved it. It was so relaxing and affirming. But for the relief of physical discomfort, it wasn't effective in my case. I'm definitely going to do it this pregnancy but I'm also basically counting on getting an epidural.

I did hypnobirthing with my first baby. The relaxation techniques helped me relax throughout my pregnancy. However, I didn't end up using it for the birth since I had a C-section. Hoping for a VBAC this time!

Bump, I'm hoping for a VBAC too. The doctor had "failed induction" listed on my chart for reason for a c-section! That is total crap! They told me they were giving me gel to get the hormones going an hour before so the baby wouldn't be shocked when they did the c-section! The doctor told me 2 days before that I was getting one! I think he just preferred to do a section instead of waiting out my labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->