**April Bunnies 2015**

Count me in for a lazy Sunday! I did one thing yesterday & then had to take a nap! Fatigue sucks! :haha:

Perplexed, I was a vegetarian before my first pregnancy. I held out until almost 3 months, but literally the only thing I wanted to eat was fried chicken! DH and I finally got a fried chicken sandwich to share as I thought actually eating it would gross me out. Instead I scarfed down my half and, to hear him tell it, nearly bit his hand off going for his half too! :p This time, very little sounds good at all right now, but it seems like healthy, light foods are getting more & more appealing.

I had preggie pop drops on hand at all times in my first pregnancy, they kept me from throwing up! Haven't thought about getting them this time as my sugar cravings have been almost unbearable and I'm so afraid of going back down that slippery slope.

DH signed us up to walk/run a 5k in a few weeks. I was like, you understand that I'm pregnant, right?:dohh:

Northern, I'm so glad your doc says you're a good candidate for vbac!:thumbup: And your reveal pic is so cute!

Congrats to those with great scans! And thanks for all the advice for mine. We determined that there was no good time to reschedule, and dr.s office would've had to break it up into 2 appts or push me back quite a bit. So I will bring him whatever pics/whatnot I can. He is bummed to miss it but he understands how much I need the reassurance of going. My sis offered to meet me there if she can get away from work, so at least I might have some company! :)

Thanks to those saying they will most likely have an epidural. I had an awful labor last time, partly due to pitocin. I won't go to the hospital so early this time. I won't accept pit this time unless I believe it's medically necessary. I will labor naturally for as long as I can. But if I get to that point where I need the rest, I will definitely get the epidural.

We took DD to the amusement park Friday night b/c my dad's company had the place rented out. I could only think of one ride in the whole park I felt comfortable going on, and I had to tell DD I hurt my back and that was why I couldn't go on the little roller coaster with her! :nope: Of all the reasons I am excited to get to the second trimester, finally telling her she is going to be a big sister is the thing I am looking forward to the most!!

I woke up this morning craving peaches so went to shop for them. Then went to pick up my body pillow to stop me sleeping on my tummy. Every morning I wake up sore from it so hopefully that helps. Apart from that I'm having a very lazy Sunday

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone! It's morning for me!

Tove- It's good to see you back here! Happy 10 weeks!

Beanonorder- Fabulous scan picture! That is very defined! :) I am sorry you had such a hard time with the blood work. I can't remember from a previous discussion if you said whether you were staying team yellow or finding out the gender. But in a thread in first trimester the other day, I learned that when they do that blood work, they can find out the gender as early as 9 weeks. They just get it by testing your blood. So, would you be finding out?

TaraCathryn- I have been slightly tempted to do a 5k this Fall. But I haven't run since finding out I was pregnant. So, I'm not sure how I will handle it. But there's a part of me that wants to keep doing as many normal things as possible. I hope yours is fun! I am glad your sister can go to your scan with you.

At around 8 weeks, I had mentioned that I felt that my nausea/sickness was changing. And now, a few days into week 9, I can say that it is definitely just different. Instead of just feeling sick or nauseous throughout the day, I just get episodes. Some days, I go the whole day feeling completely normal. But, it seems, I get nauseous or sick only if something triggers it. Last night, my husband was cooking dinner and the smell of it was just awful to me. I had to go lie down and get away from the kitchen or I would have thrown up.
I am tired today. I didn't sleep well at all last night. The people in the apartment next to us were fighting (mom and daughter) and there was a lot of shouting, slamming doors, etc. All of this a 1 am! I think I'm ready to be out of apartment living as soon as we move again. I also worry about not getting enough sleep this early on because I don't want it to affect the baby. I'm not as worried when the placenta takes over, but for now, I just keep thinking I need my sleep for the baby. I will probably squeeze in a nap today. No, I will definitely squeeze in a nap today. :)

Rebecca, I noticed that too about the nausea. I usually get an episode around 1ish and then another later in the night around 9 or 10. But I'm definitely able to eat more now and feel ok for most of the day!! I'm hoping it just magically disappears really soon.

Tara- I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in terms of things we like changing. I don't like any of my usual things at all, in fact I get a bit queasy thinking of them.

Rebecca & Northern- I'm happy to hear this about the nausea. It sounds exactly like it's going for me right now. Rather than being constant it's in episodes right now.

I'm craving a specific type of cheese right now mmm it sounds so appetizing, but I'll avoid as I have the feeling I'll throw up if I do eat it. Maybe that can be my reassurance that everything is fine with the little bean :haha:

Been doing intervals on the treadmill these days, not daily but today I did twice. Not eating too great but determined to keep my fitness levels high this time round and to get away with wearing non maternity clothes for as long as possible. Well I've been in maternity jeans since last time but I mean for other things :haha:

I didn't even get to pitocin for my induction... after I got the cervidil, my waters broke. I went from baby not being engaged at all and fingertip dilated to fully dilated/engaged in about 5 hours. It was FUN, ha ha. I think I was overdue in part psychologically, because she was due March 27 and I had a massive work project due March 31. Plus we had work going on in our house and I didn't want the baby born in a construction zone. I also had "come out, baby" acupuncture and I think that helped.

All I know is that this time I'm rushing to the hospital because I think my body's approach to labor is GO NOW GO GO GO. I have two friends who left home as soon as their waters broke and were ready to push by the time they got checked in to the hospital. No thanks!

Last night I woke up and started thinking about food and got so grossed out! I couldn't stop my brain from thinking about food and I felt almost nauseated. I think it's because I take my prenatals right before bed.

I think I almost didn't get pitocin at my induction. was given it at the very end when I was refusing to cooperate with the pushing :haha:

aaah I forgot my prenatals today! and maybe yesterday. I need to place the box on my breakfast table so I don't forget.

my nausea changed to heartburn/nausea. almost got fried calamari for dinner but got scared and changed my mind. toast I guess?

Thank you Rebecca :) I've noticed the same thing with my nausea. I usually feel fine in the morning, but before lunch, at about 3 pm and again at about 7 pm I get episodes of nausea. And the only thing that seems to help is snacking on something.

I also feel very tempted to run a race, but since my bfp I have only ran three times. I just don't have the energy to work out at all. This spring I ran a marathon and now I'm pretty much sedentary...

Does anyone know what to do to get the energy back? I guess I just have to start working out again, but that first step is soooo hard to take.

Tove- What do you snack on that helps? I feel at loss and only eat toast in the evenings.

As for that first step, I know what you mean. I have no energy but DH encourages me a lot so I end up doing a light work out in the morning.

Perplexed, I find that eating something with protein (that being cheese or yogurt for me since I can't eat anything else) helps better than bread or crackers.

I prefer fruits and vegetables. I feel like the flavours help with the weird taste is my mouth and the water content helps with my constant thirst. Right now I'm snacking on cucumber :)

Also, I think Menchies should just prepare to be funded solely through me this pregnancy. I am not normally a sweets person. I would choose nachos or spinach dip any day of my life normally. Not so anymore! If it doesn't have sugar in it, I'm not happy. I keep trying to go for Greek yogurt and fruit with a bit of hot fudge sauce but it's not cutting it anymore.

Anyone else have loads of jelly like mucus when they go to the toilet???

Yes me Kirsty. I'm having loads of discharge still and some of it is jelly like. I'm guessing it's because of my cervical erosion.

It's clear. Seems to of stopped now. Just had it the last three times I went to the toilet. Seems normal tho some of my pregnant friends have it aswell x

I imagine it's a by-product of the plug forming. As long as it's clear I probably would call my doctor and ask about it but not worry.

I can hardly believe this. When I laid down today to take my nap after being kept up by my neighbors last night, they were at it again! Yelling, fighting, slamming doors. Now we were trying not to be in their business or cause them problems because the lady is going through some hard times and we are pretty sure it is her teenage daughter creating most of the noise and the drama.
So, I told my husband I was taking a nap in the spare bedroom (not connected to their apartment) because I couldn't sleep with the yelling all over again. I went and took a nice nap in there. My husband said that while I was asleep, it got worse. So, he filed a noise complaint with the front office. If it happens again tonight, I don't know what we'll do. We don't want to knock on the door because things can be volatile when people are fighting.

Rebecca that sucks! That is the main reason OH and I haven't moved in together yet. We don't want an apartment where we deal with other people's noise and living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->