**April Bunnies 2015**

CityMouse- I only have 1 personal experience to go on. But my labor was augmented with pitocin because my water had broken and they didn't feel I was progressing fast enough. Before I went on the pitocin, I felt like I would be able to manage my contractions just fine without any medication. And I actually think I probably would have been okay. It didn't really start hurting until the pitocin dosage went up. I think it just makes contractions twice as bad as they would normally be because it's basically forcing your body to have contractions.
But since I haven't had a whole labor without it, I wouldn't know. This time, I am going to try to labor as long as possible at home before going to the hospital. I do think some techniques probably work better on natural labor than induced or augmented labor.

Sara I hope the spotting stops for you so you can relax!

I almost ordered preggie pops! Ended up ordering tummy drops at a recommendation but maybe I'll order the pops too!

My day wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, seems I got a good nights sleep. The nausea was controllable if ate every hour until about 2pm. The dizziness was better as well. The breast tenderness than was way less than before has come back today along with the fullness and heaviness, have to say that makes me happy!!

Praying for another good day tomorrow. But two in a row is a lot to ask lol.

Hi! Sorry for the delay in updating!
My scan was amazing! Baby is doing great with a hb of 160. :happydance: I even got to see him/her moving around and waving. It was so cute. I never got to see that with dd so it was very exciting for me. I was measuring at 9w5d which is impossible but whatever. Every scan I have I seem to be measuring a little bit more ahead. It's making me wonder if I'm going to end up having a big baby!:wacko:
Dr decided I should have blood tests done now, including downs screening. Originally I wasn't going to get that done but for some reason just agreed to it. I didn't realise they were going to do a full blood panel! My appointment ended up costing me a fortune! :dohh:
When they were taking the blood they couldn't find a vein in my arm so they asked if they could use my hand. I said that's fine but after two vials of blood had been taken the other nurse came in and looked at my hand and a lump the size of a small grape had formed behind the needle! So they had to quickly take it out and apply pressure. My hand is really sore now! Thankfully the second nurse was able to find a vein in my arm so they could finish drawing blood.

Here is a pic of my little bean!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 11
Beanonorder I'm glad your cat came back! Glad that your LO is doing well that's a lovely scan picture! :hugs:

I wanted to give hypnobirthing a try last time but I couldn't get my hands on the materials. I'll try this time if possible but as citymouse said I'm also counting on epidural. I am really worried about unnecessary c-sections in this country. my coworker said she was in labor and arrived at noon and first thing she was told "if you don't deliver by midnight we'll do a c-section," and back then I was younger and wasn't even thinking of settling down etc but I found that shocking. another girl I know was saying she was at 10 cm and was told ok we have to section the baby isn't coming and had her sign the consent but just as she signed she started pushing and out was the baby and it wasn't like an emergency cesarean the girl was saying it like they just didn't want to wait anymore! it's really scary.

I liked my ob last time even though I was induced. but today I'm not really convinced an induction was necessary even though it went well and I was only in active labor for 6 hours. would have been 5 hours if id understood how to push instead of just holding it :haha:

Beanonorder, great news! And what a cute ultrasound image!! :) Just another 2,5 weeks wait for me and I will hopefully be back with a cute image and happy news myself.......

Sweetbliss89, good luck on Monday!

Dini, yay for symptoms returning! Mine has also come and gone a little. I guess it's normal.

Interesting to read about your birthing experiences! As a first time mom I don't really know what to expect and I'm actually a little scared of it! As for now I've decided not to think about it and I think the midwife won't adress it until after the 18 week scan.

As for me I have been feeling quite stressed and down this last week. My OH seems to think it's the pregnancy hormones causing it, but I'm not sure. I just hope it passes soon.

In happier news I'm ten weeks as of yesterday and my belly is getting bigger every week despite me only gaining half a kilogram :) Very fatigued, constantly thirsty but no other cravings than ice water.

northern that's so messed up, that's what I'm really afraid of my doctor doing! :/

beanonorder awesome pic and scan!:happydance: But no wonder your hand is sore lol.

AFM nausea is becoming full-fledged right now and I feel really shitty in the mornings and have no appetite until late afternoon/evenings. Other than that I feel fine, just tired.
DH has been telling a bunch of people :dohh: which is kinda funny cause he was so determined not to tell anyone yet but as soon as he saw the heartbeat and the scan all that was out the window! :haha:

Great scan Beanonorder!

I didn't have a build up to my contractions either, although I wasn't induced. I felt my waters go pop and went straight into contractions every couple of minutes. When I got to the birth centre an hour and a half later I was already 8cm and they had me waddling down the hall saying don't push yet, don't push yet!

I don't feel too nauseous today. Barely any nausea actually. Getting worried as usual whenever I'm not sick. Hope there's a reassuring sign for me soon...

Edit: just noticed my ticker says 199 days. Less than 200 days till due date. hehe.

Perplexed I'm fascinated that you are 8w4d and it says 199 days to go and I'm 9w3d and mine says 214 days to go! Very strange.... I think I'm going to have to go and count.

I'm 10 weeks and 1 day and my app says I have 208 days to go. Strangely my ticker below says 209 days to go. Seems to coincide with yours Beanonorder.

So many great scans! Excited/nervous for mine on Tuesday!

Beanonorder, what a cute scan!! So glad it was all okay!!

Can't wait to see more from you other ladies. As Rebecca says we will live through you, as I know I won't have another till 12-13weeks.

Beanorder & Tove, I have the same with my ticker. I'm 10+3 and still have 207 days to go.

AFM I did my bloodwork yesterday to prepare for the NT scan on the 16th. I called the hospital the day before and asked if I had to be on an empty stomach and they told me no. When I arrive, the check-in lady told me I had to be on an empty stomach because they were also testing my glucose level. I went ahead with the bloodwork anyway. I didn't want to have to go back on Monday. But we will have to inform the Dr that I wasn't on an empty stomach before they start thinking that I have gestational diabetes.
My nausea has been better the last 3 days. I'm trying to enjoy it but can't help but worry a bit. Boobs are still full so that's good.
What's everyone doing today? Besides from doing the wash, I'm thinking lazy Sunday O:) It's going to rain anyway so.

Perplexed I'm fascinated that you are 8w4d and it says 199 days to go and I'm 9w3d and mine says 214 days to go! Very strange.... I think I'm going to have to go and count.

It did seem a bit odd to me hehe but I think my ticker is counting wrong. I just made a new one and it says 231 days...so 32 days till it's really 199 days.

Bump, I'mg for a VBAC too. The doctor had "failed induction" listed on my chart for reason for a c-section! That is total crap! They told me they were giving me gel to get the hormones going an hour before so the baby wouldn't be shocked when they did the c-section! The doctor told me 2 days before that I was getting one! I think he just preferred to do a section instead of waiting out my labour.

Northern, that is so frustrating! Hopefully this time you get a better OB!

My baby was breech so unfortunately I was told I had to have a c section.

Lovely scan pics ladies!!

My DS was breech as well which is why I had a cs last time. Hoping for a vbac also!! I'm still in the wait and see!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->