**April Bunnies 2015**

Very stressful weekend. I woke up at midnight on Saturday night to go to the bathroom, to discover the toilet full of bright red blood. I was horrified and convinced that I was losing the baby. I just laid in bed and sobbed. But did not want to go into the emergency room or anything because I know there's not anything they can do. The next morning I called the doctor on call, and he reassured me that everything was probably fine. He said his wife had a lot of bleeding around this time...like heavy enough to be menstrual cycle type bleeding, but everything ended up fine. Then my sister said the same thing had happened to her right around this same time. I hadn't had any cramping, so I just tried to stay as positive as possible.

They did change my scan from Wednesday afternoon to this morning (Monday). Praise God...everything looks wonderful. Strong heartbeat of 179, and measuring a day ahead at 9 weeks 3 days. Sweet little stubby arms and legs. I even got to see it moving and wiggling a whole bunch. I feel so much better. And I really feel like I can relax and enjoy the pregnancy now. While you're not guaranteed anything until the baby's in your arms, I just feel very comfortable and confident now.

Now off to catch up on the thread.

Attachments

• 9weeks2days.jpg
    9weeks2days.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 9
I'm going to ask the doctor if it's okay to do yoga. Between the SCH and losing 10 pounds (yep, the scale keeps going down) I want to make sure it's okay. I heard that losing more than 10% of your body weight is dangerous. If I keep going at this rate, that will be 4-5 more weeks!

I'd love to get some of the stress out with yoga, and I figure if the 2 miles I walk to and from work, and 3 flights of stairs I climb repeatedly to go between offices (no elevator) doesn't hurt, then a little stretchy-stretchy shouldn't be bad? But I'm scared to do anything without the doctor's approval at this point.

Sarah- glad to hear that little bean is okay. It is really scary, but know that other people have gone through it and you'll get through it too, and we're here when you need to talk.

Did they say anything about the cause of the bleeding?

Must have been very scary Sarah, glad bubs is ok.

I was doing body balance classes before and I miss them. My 2 year old is getting into yoga at the moment so when nausea is gone we can also do my yoga DVD in the week. I love how relaxing it is.

No, Xanxaba, no cause was mentioned. I had thought about asking, but when I saw that little sweetheart dancing in there, I was just overcome with emotion. All other thoughts exited my brain. The doctor probably thinks I'm a wierdo, though, because as soon as it started wiggling, I said, "You little shit, making me so worried already." Bwahahaha!

Eidson, can I just say it's so fun to have you on here because it's really nice to hear from the partner's perspective. Of course, you're probably way more sensitive and attentive to your wife than most of our partners are because you've been through it before yourself. But I do really appreciate being able to see the process through the eyes of a S.O. :)

Oh Sarah, what a time of it :( Thank goodness baby is ok!!! My friend carried on having 'periods' through her pregnancy.

Goodness Sara you must've been so frightened!! I'm so glad baby is good and the picture is adorable!!

I think I'm off to take a nap, I'm suddenly really tired. Oh and my labs came back all normal, so no anemia, must just be the hormones causing my dizziness.

Sarah- What a scare! I am so glad that everything turned out to be fine. And you got to see baby sooner than expected!

Oswin- You have me cracking up with that comment about rubbing your bump. :)

Northern- Aquazumba sounds fun! I wish I had that here. I'd definitely go.

Good luck to everyone with upcoming scans! So exciting!

My neighbors seemed to have quit their fighting last night. So thankful! But I do feel for the lady next door. She's going through a lot right now. Her mother recently passed away and then her boyfriend who was living with them just moved out unexpectedly last week. He came during the week when she was working and just moved out. So, she has a lot going on. I hope her daughter chills out.

I called the doctor's office this morning to see if I could reschedule my 12 week appointment to the week when I would actually be 12 weeks (any day the week of Sept 22nd) but they said that nothing was available that week. However, I did get it moved up to the morning of September 29th. I was glad with that anyway because I had planned on taking my son with me. And my first appointment had been in the afternoon right around his nap time. I'd rather just get up in the morning and go to my appointment than wait all day for it or take my son at a questionable time of the day for him.

Sarah- that's so funny that you sassed your LO. I find myself having "team preggo" talks with my belly in the shower. Something like "Okay, buddy. Let's get through this together. We're stronger than a golfball-sized bit of blood!"

Eidson, can I just say it's so fun to have you on here because it's really nice to hear from the partner's perspective. Of course, you're probably way more sensitive and attentive to your wife than most of our partners are because you've been through it before yourself. But I do really appreciate being able to see the process through the eyes of a S.O. :)

I'm so happy your baby is doing well! Seeing them wiggling away is just magical. Love the picture! :flower:

And thank you! It didn't hit me until after a few weeks that I may be "imposing" on pregnancy threads, because I'm just not pregnant! But in my eyes, I really am because my beautiful wife is carrying our baby. I have been there before, so I feel for my wife and all you ladies of course. I try and help out when I can, but every pregnancy is different, and not everything happened to me when I was pregnant. Some of this is new! And I've learned a lot on this forum :D

I'm sure men have much more trouble being on this end than I do. Obviously, being a woman and understanding how a woman thinks kind of gives me the upper hand :haha: My wife is taking this pregnancy surprisingly well. She's a pretty emotional being to begin with, and she has a very short fuse. Not to mention, she's a drill instructor, so she can get set off pretty easily! :rofl: her mother joked with me about how hormonal and scary she will be when she's pregnant. But she has just been an absolute doll. There has been only one instance where she cried in my arms for no reason (literally, I still don't know where it came from), she's just not hormonal! I was a complete mess when I was pregnant, knock on wood, the only thing the hormones have done is make her boobs bigger :haha: I am not complaining. It is very weird being on this end of it though. I worry a lot more, I worry the donor will try and get rights, I'm worried the adoption will cost too much, I'm worried the baby won't love me like it loves her. I worry about everything. I don't know how men do this all the time :rofl:

Sarah, glad everything is okay!

I have been nothing but a LUMP lately, which is bad because I think I'm getting a little squishy around the edges. But I always gain a couple of pounds when I'm on deadline so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. After I'm done with this project I'm going to start swimming and maybe going for walks. Nothing too intense, after my spotting last week I'm not interesting in pushing myself. But it will be nice to have time to cook and be a little active.

And I'll start yoga at 14 weeks. I did it last time and it was great. You don't have to be afraid if you've never done yoga before -- tell the teacher and stay near the front of the class so she can help you. You'll get the hang of it fast.

Lately my daughter is being a mix of completely adorable and completely insane. This morning we were playing with her Legos and she got up and came over to me and said, "I just want to kiss you, Mommy." And then she kissed me and went back and sat down. :cloud9:

Eidson I never realized you had so many concerns that we don't have such as the donor rights. Did he sign a contract or something prior to protect you in the future? Sorry I don't really know how these things work. But your wife is very lucky to have you since you have already been through this and, like you said, you have the upper hand on men right? O:)

Eidson I never realized you had so many concerns that we don't have such as the donor rights. Did he sign a contract or something prior to protect you in the future? Sorry I don't really know how these things work. But your wife is very lucky to have you since you have already been through this and, like you said, you have the upper hand on men right? O:)

Our donor is actually a very good friend of my wife's from high school. So mentally I know he would never try and fight for rights and he knew exactly what he was signing up for. He's totally excited about being an uncle, and has even called me his "sister" because he doesn't have any sisters and our baby is going to be his niece or nephew. He really is a great guy! We do have a contract, and our donor laws here in TX are actually very good. We didn't need to go through a doctor in order to make him a legal donor like most states. But technically, even with the laws and our contract...depending on the judge, biology can win. It's really always based on circumstances. I have a lot of concerns, and it's really hard to find support and help especially when I don't have much from my mother. She still doesn't even know we're having a baby :dohh: I just don't want this baby to be any different from my son, you know? I want him or her to love me just like they love my wife. It's a very complicated thing :haha:

I'm sure everything will be fine. 99% of what we worry about doesn't happen! The baby will love you just as much. My OH is just going to be such a phenomenal dad that I'm actually worrying that the baby will like him better :p my DD likes him better because I'm the mean one that makes her go to bed haha.

Citymouse, that is so precious! Can't wait to have touching moments like that with my LO. Although, I know they will be interspersed with a lot of obstinance and frustration...I'd imagine moments like that are what make all the hard ones sooo worth it.

Wow, Eidson. That is tough. I know just becoming a parent at all can create a lot of anxiety without having extra legal stuff to worry about. But it really does sound like you found a great guy to be your donor. I am sure everything will pan out just fine for you. I would really not worry about your child not loving you as much because you didn't carry him/her. All it will know is that you've been there loving and caring for it for as long as it can remember, and that it is lucky to have two moms who love it like crazy. Sorry your mom isn't entirely supportive. My DH is from Texas, and while I can't speak for all Texans, I know his family in particular is very backwards and ignorant. I have a mixed niece, and it's better just not to even show pictures of her or anything to them for fear of their ignorant idiotic comments. :nope: So sad such ignorance still exists in our modern world. Glad you are able to find some support here at least. And it sounds like your wife's mom is on board. That's a blessing! :)

Eidson- I have some gay and lesbian friends that have gone through having children and it is stressful to worry about all the issues that most people never consider. But, yeah, having your own experience to guide you must be a relief to your wife. DH and I are struggling, and he looks so helpless when I'm stressed or in pain.

So I think it's safe to guess that the Duchess of Cambridge's new baby will be an April bunny!

I have had a better day with my sickness today. If I can just get through the morning without being repeatedly sick and eat something I do wayyyyyyyy better.

I really need to add a ticker I am 7+1 today :flower:

Any ladies here high risk for gestational diabetes or had GD in a previous pregnancy?

I was diagnosed at 36weeks with my eldest and then 16 weeks with my second daughter. I am 28 now (24 when I had my elder daughter) I weigh about 8st 7lb and no family history of diabetes so very odd I have it.

It is almost certain I will have it so will be induced between 38-40 weeks and will need to test my sugars 6 x a day etc. The earliest it usually kicks in is 8 weeks, but more like 12+.

Eidson - you're definitely not imposing. I love hearing your experiences of pregnancy from the other side, makes me feel not so guilty about what my OH is having to do for me. Sounds like your donor is a great guy and highly unlikely to cause trouble for you. I think all partners of pregnant women worry that the baby won't love them as much as the one who gave birth to them. My OH sometimes gets a bit pushed out by LO and I feel so sorry for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->