**April Bunnies 2015**

Well that nap didn't work. I'm not a napper, but was so tired figured it'd work but I never fell asleep. Oh well.

Eidson we love having you here, never even thought about you not being the who is pregnant, you just seem to fit right in!! I am sure you will all be a happy family, including your donor, it's wonderful that you have one so understanding.

My labs came back, all good and my hemoglobin is good so I'm not anemic, just dizzy from the hormones I guess.

So I think it's safe to guess that the Duchess of Cambridge's new baby will be an April bunny!

I thought about that too citymouse!!! O:)
The future prince/ss will probably be born on one of our due dates!

Eidson I definitely feel like you belong here with us. It never even crossed my mind that you shouldn't be here because you're not the one who is carrying the baby. You're gonna be a mommy just like the rest of us. Well it's part II for you, this is my first round O:).
I hope everything goes well with your mom when she finds out. At least you have your MIL's support which is a big help right?

AFM I am going to yoga tomorrow. It's regular yoga, there's no yoga for pregnant women at my gym. I just hope I can do everything but I think I'll inform the instructor about my PG so that she can give me some tips and tell me to avoid certain movements when necessary. I did the treadmill last week which was fine at the time. But since then I've had these on/off sharp pains in my lower left abdomen. I think it's muscle ache or something but still.

Countdown till NT scan: 8 days! Excited & nervous!

Oh, and my food aversion/weirdness has kicked in! I keep thinking about what I had for lunch and thinking, "Ew..." and then a second later I'll think, "Should I eat the other half?" Crazy prego brain!

Eidson, are you having any sympathetic symptoms? I have a friend whose husband got morning sickness when she was pregnant. So they were both sick all the time!

Oh, and my food aversion/weirdness has kicked in! I keep thinking about what I had for lunch and thinking, "Ew..." and then a second later I'll think, "Should I eat the other half?" Crazy prego brain!

Eidson, are you having any sympathetic symptoms? I have a friend whose husband got morning sickness when she was pregnant. So they were both sick all the time!

I think I have somewhat. But I think it's more the hormones than anything! Her raging hormones are throwing my whole body off, because we were in sync before! I'm definitely more emotional than normal, and bloaty too. I've had a few bouts of nausea but not sure if it's necessarily from her :haha:

Eidson- I can only echo what everyone else has said. We love having you on our thread! You really do fit right in. I'm sorry you are feeling a little unsure about some things. But I am confident the baby will bond with you just as much.
The baby will have heard and know your voice also just from hearing it every day. So, you will be one of the first people the baby feels close to. I was so shocked when my son was born because I thought that hearing my voice would calm him down, but it was hearing his Daddy's voice that calmed him every time! He just felt more comforted by my husband's voice than mine. :) It was clear that he recognized both of us over everyone else at birth simply by our voices.
I really think that the baby will love you just as much!

Oh and would you believe my son is having sympathetic symptoms? At first, he started saying there was a baby in his tummy too (I think because it made him feel special). And now his sense of smell is a lot stronger than it used to be. He is getting turned off by certain smells. And often times when I'm not feeling well, his tummy hurts too. My friend said it happened to her son that he actually would throw up as well. I guess hormones just get into the air!

Oh, no! Poor baby!

Last night my daughter was being CRAY and I told her a goodnight story about a mommy star whose star-doctor told her she needed to take it easy so she could feel better, except the little star was being naughty and the mommy was having a hard time taking it easy. So the mommy star talked to the little star and the next day the little star behaved so much better. This all started because I put her bedtime water in the wrong sippy cup.

After the story, she was very quiet and then said, "I'm sorry, Mommy. I'm sorry you brought me the wrong water." :dohh:

It's almost dinner time! I'm so excited! I know exactly what I want. Now to force my husband to cook it for me.

I just took a 3 hour nap. It was the best but I'm now ruined for the night.

Citymouse, your LO sounds so much like mine. So sweet and so unhinged at the same time. :p

Eidson, I too love having you here and hearing your perspective, and just getting a glimpse of how different your situation is... And how very much the same it is, too. :)

Sarah, I'm so glad things are okay! :hugs: Your story made my heart skip a beat!

My big belly pooch is totally selling me out today. I had to break down and put on a bella band over my work pants--luckily I had one a friend lent me in my car! I look 4 months preggo, all from the few lbs I've gained and bloating. I guarantee it's not my raspberry baby doing it! :haha:

Northern, long naps make me feel the same! But if you slept that long you needed it for sure. It's one of those, damned if you do, damned if you don't things!

Wish us luck. I had some mild cramping for about half an hour last Tuesday (was severe for a few minutes) so I called my OB and she told me to go to the emergency room immediately. Had a scan (was supposed to be 6+3 weeks based on my LMP) and all they saw was an "abnormal collection of fluid". They handed me some papers on miscarriage and said, "Sorry." They did one HCG blood draw last week and it was around 8500 but I've barely had any pregnancy symptoms and whatever I did have has pretty much disappeared. I have a follow up scan tomorrow and am hoping I just ovulated later since I've had no spotting but am not very optimistic at this point :shrug:

Maybe this is my post-nap self talking, but I think I'm officially declaring my placenta as functioning. I feel remarkably good today.

Sigh I hope your follow up scan shows better news!

Northern, how lovely would it be for the placenta to be starting to take over? I hope it lasts! I'm jealous you got to take a nap, I never managed it. Maybe tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone that is having their ultrasound soon.

This thread moves fast when I'm asleep!!

citymouse- the mommy star and little star story was so cute. your dd sounds adorable.

my dd definitely likes DH more than me. she likes me and wants attention from me but she wants more attention from DH. he plays with her more and makes her laugh...I'm not a playing parent type though I try to be, but it comes more naturally to DH. but I'm happy that they're close. he's a good dad and and I couldn't be happier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->