**April Bunnies 2015**

Dini I'm sure everything is fine, but I know what you mean! My boobs weren't noticeably sore this morning and it freaked me out. I just kept squeezing them at work to check! :haha::dohh: Crazy pregnant ladies! Settle down!! :rofl:

Okay, exactly 12 hours until my scan. Appt. is 2 hours long, so it may be a while before I can post, but I'll update asap. 'Night, all!

So glad that everything seems to be ok for everyone!

I ate meat today and didn't vomit! I feel like this should be marked down as a huge life milestone for me. Big deal after all these weeks!

When I was at work today I felt this big bubble-like feeling move horizontally across my lower abdomen right where baby is. Maybe it was gas, maybe it was a somersault. Who knows? 11 weeks tomorrow on a second pregnancy. What do you think? Gas or a flutter?

I felt my second at 11+5. She was kicking my bladder, which felt really odd.

I started feeling big rolls and movements with her at 14 weeks.

That was with anterior placenta too.

Greygirl I was told by 2 doctors that earlier scans are more accurate and by 12 weeks most babies are growing at their own pace. That worked for me. My second scan had me at 6w2d which was spot on with my calculations. My third scan, at exactly 7 weeks, had me at 7w1d and my fourth scan at 9w2d had me at 9w5d. That last one was impossible cause that means I conceived a few days before dtd!

My cat is gone again. She disappeared on Sunday night. We're assuming she's in the building but haven't heard her at all.

Someone asked about staying team yellow. We are! We did last time too. For me there's just something so amazing about finding out after the long wait. But I know it's a personal thing for each person. I feel the same about sharing the names but again, I realise others prefer to let everyone know for various reasons.

I'm so excited - it looks like my parents have agreed to come out next year for the birth. My mom came on her own last time and she was my rock during labour (dh wasn't allowed in) and I feel so much better knowing she's available again.

Thanks ladies. It has been quite a day for us. I went to my OB appointment and she did a transvaginal ultrasound and found 2 things that looked like cysts but no baby. She said it looked like a blighted ovum and gave me a prescription to induce the miscarriage. She told me to wait to fill it because she wants me to have 1 more blood draw and sent me to a radiologist who specializes in women's health because their machine might be better. I got a same day appointment and drove straight there and they found a baby with a heartbeat!! The baby is measuring 5 W 5 days which makes no sense because I found out I was pregnant on August 20th (3 weeks ago) and that would put my HCG for 4 weeks at 8500 which is very high. They found more fluid that they are calling a "collection of blood" but I'm wondering if it may have been a twin (that would explain the high hcg and early positive on the test).

So long story short, I may have to leave you ladies, but it's because it looks like I have a May baby instead of an April one :)

Wow what a journey! I love a miracle story like this! So glad that she sent you for a second opinion! Congrats :happydance:

Wow sigh - what a rollercoater ride! I'm glad it was a positive end result :)

Thank you for all your condolences about my dog, I'm gutted but I know it's the right thing for him and that's what matters.

Tonight I had that private scan I mentioned. The baby was fine, measuring 9+4 instead of the 8+5 I thought I was! Is it often inaccurate at this early stage? I'd happily be ahead! That brings my current EDD to 10/04/15!

Here's my little bean :)

https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/InsomniaticDND/7342a33c-a31e-42be-a6e9-6b82e67612f6_zps13b66c20.jpg

Love your scan! Congrats :)
Sorry about your dog :( I had to get rid of my cat last pregnancy

I wish my pregnancy laziness would do one! Anyone else suffering from it?

I have my booking in appointment next week and scan in just under 3 weeks yippee :)

I meant to say that we are team yellow too! I already have so much stuff so no need to find out!

I did see it and thank you so much oswin! I am going to try to relax but don't think I will until the symptoms come back. I had the energy tonight to make lasagna, garlic bread and blueberry muffins. That's also very odd but it was very good!

Wanna invite me for dinner? Hahaha O:) That sounds soooooo good! I'm very hungry today in case you missed it! :happydance:

I wish I could be all zen about staying team yellow. But I love knowing, and finding out last time was a huge help in bonding before dd came, which I needed because with major breastfeeding problems and pp depression, I struggled with bonding at first. :shrug: Anyone else nervous about the newborn phase? I feel like I just recovered emotionally from dd's! :p

Northern, let us know if you feel any more exciting movements! I hope it's baby; gives us second+ timers another marker to look forward to soon! :)

I hope we all have relatively active babies we can feel moving. That was by far my favorite part last time. :)

I would love to have an active baby! DD was really tall and I'm really short. She didn't have a lot of room to move really early on so all I ever felt was just a scattered foot moving from place to place! I think she was really sleepy too because she was really sleepy and an excellent sleeper right from the day she was born.

I've got my scan date for the 14th of October. It's at 4.30pm which is a really annoying time as LO has his tea at 6 so OH will have to miss the scan and look after LO. Also because it's an end of the day appointment it's almost certainly going to be delayed so I'll be late home.

Northern- I think what you are feeling is probably baby. :) Happy 11 weeks today!

TaraCathryn- I am like you with finding out. I have to know. I think for me it definitely helps the bonding process. To already call the baby by his/her name makes me feel so much closer. I am worried about the newborn period because my son was a very intense, difficult newborn and I just hope the next baby isn't as fussy and high-maintenance. That would be very hard with 2 children.

Scottish- I am having laziness too. But it's mostly when the fatigue kicks in.

I slept like a rock last night and I feel great this morning! I am 10 weeks today and excited to be a prune. That feels like something substantial!

Suzy, come on over, I have leftovers!

Sara, that dang cat! They can be so infuriating! Hope she returns soon!

I wish we were going to stay team yellow! I'm so jealous. I have always wanted to but DH wants to know so badly and he won't keep it a secret. My dad agrees with me, but his wife agrees with DH and hubby's mom is dying to shop and his great grandmother wants to knit us another blanket so we I'll find out, mostly for that reason. She won't be around much longer and I have barely any family left, just dad and brother so it's important to me that there be a link to family for baby.

Pretty much feeling fine today again. My legs seem really tired and heavy but that's it. If this keeps up I'll never make it till my appt on the 25th! And even then no scan :(

I'm worried about the newborn stage as well. DS was a colicky newborn

Scottish - I'm very lazy too, so exhausted and then in the evening i get so dizzy. Guess it's our bodies telling us to take it easy?

Dini - you could have her make a blanket in multi colours or a colour you'd be happy to use for either sex? Seems a pity you having to find out when you don't want to!

Northern - I'm mega jealous Mrs! It definitely sounds like baby!!!

The only worry I have about the newborn stage is whether I'll get PND again

Hope we're all doing well today :friends: I'm getting my appetite back THANK GOODNESS and just made a huge meal of steak, cheese mash, sugar-snap peas, mini corn, mange-tout and peppercorn sauce. Got some chocolate ice-cream to share with hubby now too :happydance:

Anyone want to have a bump show off today?! I'm going to take my first bump pic today when I get off work. I feel huge. I carried DD really high and my ab muscles have never been the same since, and I feel like my uterus growing is just pushing everything up. Anyway, it'll be nice to have a comparison pic.

Hi ladies how are we all feeling!
I tried to keep up with everything whilst we were on holiday but wifi in Mexico not so good so thought I would try and catch up when I came back...has taken me hours!!.

I saw the midwife today and she said because if my previous assisted birth I wouldn't the able to labour in my local hospital but go to the dgh like last time however they have got a midwife led unit there which is a happy medium. If felt good to speak to the midwife have bloods done etc cos up until now it hasn't felt real! Scan a week on Monday whoop!. I have felt sick this time so have actually lost weight on holiday for once! Other than tiredness (2-3 hour siestas helped on holiday though 😉) and nausea I feel fine.

It is lovely to see how all you ladies have progressed and how close we are all getting to the 2nd trimester already eek!x

We're definitely not team yellow! I like to prepare early. I want to know the gender and pick a name ASAP. We found out at about 14 weeks with my daughter and will probably known by 12-13 with this one, because of the new blood tests. I guess there's a small chance the doctor could see something at the NT scan at 11 weeks... we'll see!

Northern, I swear I felt my daughter at 11 weeks. It was a little electric-feeling ZING that got more common in the weeks after, though I didn't feel a proper kick until 17 weeks. And it was always more pronounced after I drank apple juice! I had a posterior placenta with her. This time we think it's anterior so it'll probably take longer.

Sorry about your dog, Grey! Sounds like he'll be happy and well-cared for in his new home.

And sorry about your cat, Beanonorder! Hope it comes back soon.

I honestly didn't know you could find sex (male or female) out for sure before at least 16/17 weeks!!

Hi girlies!!

I've been reading this thread for a while and finally got round to messaging on here:)

I'm due April 10th - 9wk5days today!

This is my second baby and i loved being on BnB during my last pregnancy and
getting to speak to some lovely ladies :)

I've had terrible morning sickness since week 5 but the past few days I've only been sick on the odd occasion and I'm starting to feel so much better!! I am still waiting for a scan date but hopefully it won't be too much longer!

Xx

Welcome cupcakepie. Your name is so cute! Glad you are feeling better now, gives me hope that I'll be feeling better soon too. I have waves of feeling good followed by waves of feeling bad. Hopefully it won't be too long till you find out!

Tara- I am really worried about the newborn stage. It was a vicious cycle of feeling bad about the things I can't do anymore/didn't get to do, not being able to do anything other than breastfeed the baby 24/7, the fact that I felt like a failure because I dreaded breastfeeding because it hurt more than anything I've ever known.

This time though I'm planning to do things differently. Once closer to my due date I'll take to my ob & explain that I had pnd last time and that I'd really like to tackle the problem early so I'm not left in tears all day & all night. Also planning to make an appointment with a lactation consultant and discuss the difficulties I had.

My DH also said that he insists we offer our new LO a pacifier from day 1 lol. And he also says that he doesn't want me to breastfeed if it'll be as much of a struggle as last time. I was miserable which made him miserable too.

You ladies are right about bonding with the baby if you know the gender and the name beforehand! With dd I knew she's a girl but I left room for error and didn't really get a terrible lot of gender specific items. But I did get gender specific little gifts from baby (cake boxes) with a little card that says I was happy to see you from (baby's name) to people who came to visit us in the newborn days. I was still worried that they'd got it wrong though :haha:

Hopefully breastfeeding will go much easier this time! It didn't work for me last time either but I'm so much more educated right now on latching and issues that might come up, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->