**April Bunnies 2015**

I am terrified of breast feeding again. At least this time I know that if I can't handle it, it's okay to stop. Better to have a sane mommy and a formula fed baby. DD preferred formula / bottles from day one! :p

IT'S A BABY! Officially 8w4d, heart rate 175 bpm. Wow! It feels so real now!! I'm kinda freaking out!:haha:

Here's the pic, sorry it's not very good!

image.jpg

Northern, I'm hesitant to post a bump pic bc I know my bump is mostly snacks and gas!:haha: But maybe I'll take one and compare it to my "just found out" pic. :)

TaraCathryn- Congratulations! It's so great to see your baby. I think the scan pic is just fine!

Northern- I'll post a bump pic. I took one today to show my mom because she asked. But I feel it is mostly bloat. However, it does seem to be hardening.

Attachments

• 2014-09-10 12.24.46.jpg
    2014-09-10 12.24.46.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 14
Tara that's so wonderful!! Yay! Now you can breathe easy and just enjoy it as much as possible.

Rebecca...nice little bump you're growing there. I'll play! Although I agree with you, definitely mostly comprised of bloat, constipation, and preexisting chub. :haha: But it doesn't suck in like it used to...so it is something different!

Attachments

• %22bump%229.5weeks.jpg
    %22bump%229.5weeks.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 13
Here's bubs- had a great ultrasound. They showed me everything as it was happening and gave me pics. Also she squeezed me in for next week (supposed to be getting weekly ultrasounds, but it's hard to schedule). As for the SCH- unfortunately it has grown a bit (bad), but she said it is clotting (good). It's down near my cervix, which explains all the bleeding.

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2
Hey ladies.. it is so hard to keep up on this group because it moves so fast!

I am glad to know I am not the only one suffering from 1st trimester insomnia.. I have no problem falling asleep (early even).. but like clockwork.. between 2-4am I wake up to pee and can't go back to sleep. It SUCKS. Looking forward to this weekend. OH and I are getting out of dodge to go spend a weekend up in Denali National Park at one of the Princess Resorts... In September (because it is the end of tourist season) they drop the rates super low.. so we are taking advantage of it. I have friday and monday off.. so I get to sleep in later and enjoy myself.

I have discovered that I can stomach Starbucks frappacinos.. they don't make me feel as sick. I need caffeine since I can't sleep at night in order to function at work. I swear I keep making stupid mistakes that I normally wouldn't make. It is frustrating.

I have my first doctor appointment tomorrow, and I should get an ultrasound. I will be upset if I don't. Praying for good news... I am so nervous since the last time I got an ultrasound we discovered it was a blighted ovum. :(

Tara and Xanzba congratulations on the ultrasounds beautiful babies!!!

And hurrah for bump pics. I got an official bump on Sunday :)

I've breastfed both of mine, I would be really scared of formula feeding, I'd have no idea what to do!

It's good that we all know how hard bfing can be, prepared and all that! No one tells you how ridiculously hard it can be. I think it's a big part of why I got pnd (though I'd definitely have gotten it if I'd have stopped!) catch 22 lol.

I put so much pressure on myself first time around, because the birth was bad I felt I had to 'make it up' to my daughter. She had weight gain issues and a tongue tie. I was far to hard on myself.$

Second time around it wasn't easy but definitely much less stressful.

Congratulations on all the great scans!

I loved nursing my son and did so for a year. I look forward to doing the same with baby #2, but I do worry about the logistics of it this time. I spent a lot of time on the couch just nursing my son, which I doubt will be as easy to accomplish with a toddler running around and needing me too.

I'm wondering how having a newborn will 'work' with a toddler too!! With Robin I literally locked myself in our bedroom for about 3 months and juat sat in my feeding chair for about 18 hours a day!

Great scans ladies!

I'm scared of formula as well Amelie, it seems so complicated. I'm also a bit worried about logistics but I'm going to have a go at feeding in the sling this time and hope that works.

There is 26 months between my girls and when feeding we did lots of snack time, had a special box of toys, watched a fair bit of TV.

Really honestly my second daughter got into a better routine faster because she had to fit in around my older one. The first 6 weeks were hard though, all the cluster feeding, urgh.

Ooh Button I recommend a mei tai (tie one) for feeding :thumbup:

Yikes, this is my first. All this talk of breast feeding and delivery is a bit intimidating!

Are there any other first timers out there? Have you started thinking that far down the road?

xanzaba - This will be my first. I have no clue what I am getting myself in to.. :-/

Here is mine! Really just existing weight that seems to be hardening! My abs were destroyed with DD because of her being so tall and me having such a short torso. I carried her out instead of up and down/transverse. They never went back to normal and I have weight on now anyway. But it definitely wasn't this pronounced!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 12
Aww xanzaba you'll be fine! Just get researching everything for yourself, that's my advice. Every baby is different, and it's all a learning curve for you both, but as long as you go in to ot armed with info and knowledge, and knowing what you want to do, it'll work out somehow. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->