**April Bunnies 2015**

I'm so irritated right now! Today, before and after a dinner with my whole department two different collegues asked me if I was pregnant. One because I said I didn't want a alcoholic drink before dinner and the other because I didn't drink wine with the food and she thought I have been acting differently lately. I denied it to both, but I sure don't like lying.

I'm really annoyed because I'm a private person and while I like most of my collegues I know they love gossiping about each other so I can only imagine how much they will speculate wether or not I'm pregnant. :( I feel like this is somethinh which I will decide to share, not for anyone to bluntly ask because they are curious or have suspected it. I was planning on telling them in a couple of weeks but now I feel like I want to keep it private as long as possible...

Has anyone been in a similar awkward situation??

In other news, here is my 10 week bump a couple of days ago. Lovely seeing some of your bumps :) sorry if the image is big, I'm on my mobile phone and can't post the image as an "attachment".

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=800449&d=1410111511

Just keep denying! They will talk anyway. Coworkers are the worst.

PS super cute bump!

Ignore them! People can be so rude, when you are ready you can tell them. And your bump is adorable.

Just got done with some cleaning, at least since my symptoms seem to have dissipated some I have the energy to clean. Cleaned out a section of a "junk" closet, got rid of a bunch of stuff, that always makes me feel better.

Oswin, sorry for the nasty taste in your mouth, that must be horribly annoying.

So I had a missed voicemail on my house phone (which I told the receptionist not to call because she would never get anyone on that number) from the doctor's office. They want me to call them back ASAP. That makes me super nervous. Too bad she didn't call at the number I told her to call at because I would have already had this sorted. I have an appointment with him next Friday so if this is something that can't wait till then, I'm worried.

Anyone else have no desire whatsoever to prepare for baby yet? With DD I was all about the shopping and preparing right off the bat and now I'm just like "mehhh". The thought of it makes me exhausted.

So I had a missed voicemail on my house phone (which I told the receptionist not to call because she would never get anyone on that number) from the doctor's office. They want me to call them back ASAP. That makes me super nervous. Too bad she didn't call at the number I told her to call at because I would have already had this sorted. I have an appointment with him next Friday so if this is something that can't wait till then, I'm worried.

Anyone else have no desire whatsoever to prepare for baby yet? With DD I was all about the shopping and preparing right off the bat and now I'm just like "mehhh". The thought of it makes me exhausted.

Hopefully it's nothing, were you waiting for test results or anything? Maybe they just need to reschedule your appt. I had a vm on my home phone as well the other day for that. Fx'd it's just something silly.

And yes I'm in the same boat, I currently have no desire to prepare, but I think it's because it still doesn't feel real. Maybe after the first trimester is over it will feel real. We already have the room painted, but still needs trim. We painted it long ago when we were TTC because we had to tear down a wall so we just painted it then. You've been here before so maybe you just aren't ready for all the craziness yet lol.

I'm not even thinking about getting prepared yet, it still doesn't feel real! Plus, I don't really *need*"anything, just boobs and clothes, both of which I have already :haha:

Tove- Some people just don't have any boundaries when it comes to these things. Do they? I know it's annoying.
Cute bump though!

Xanzaba it’s my first time too. I think about delivery but not too much. I figure I still have time for that. Let me take care of my MS first O:)

TMI!! One of my symptoms now is a ton of CM. Today it literally dripped out.

Tove I feel like that regarding my family. I already have a bump, mostly bloat, and I had a family birthday last week and everyone commented that I was PG. One person even put their hand directly on my belly, without asking, and asked if there was a baby in there. I felt kind of violated. This may sound stupid but if you wanna ask just ask. Don’t go touching people without their permission. I will be glad to tell them when it’s time but I feel they need to respect people’s privacy more. I’ll tell them when it’s time. When someone asks I just say that I have gained weight and that I’m fat.

I’ll try and post a bump pic this week. Cute bumps ladies :thumbup:

Hey everyone!

I'm really good at lurking and reading but it is a pain to type on my tablet.

I should mention that my dad is an OBGYN. I go to his practice but he is NOT my doctor. I will say I do like the idea of some special treatment, that actually started today ;)

Today was my OB interview. My LMP was July 3rd, which makes my due date April 9th right now or 9 1/2 weeks. I told her I know more or less when I ovulated(it was late) and am certain I am closer to 8 1/2 weeks and the date I've been using was April 17th. She told me it could change later down the line.

We mentioned my Sept 23rd appointment and I asked if I'd finally get an ultrasound since I'll be 11-12 weeks. She said they might use the bedside machine but we could try the better ultrasound machine and get me in earlier (I had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago and have some concerns). While she went out to find the doctor, I sat in the waiting room filling out paper. She suddenly came and grabbed me and was like "Come with me!"

The ultrasound tech hadn't left for the day yet and they let me so one. It was a surprise. I thought it might happen but after the interview, figured it wasn't. I texted my husband to see if he wanted me to wait for him. He told me to go ahead if it would ease my mind.

Like many of you have said, I don't feel pregnant. All I have are 3 home tests and a urine. Since I have no prior complications, they haven't run my hcg. Basically I'm a nervous wreck and just want to know something.

If was awesome! I heard the heartbeat right away(170bmp) and everything looked great. PLUS, I was measuring 8w4d, which is right where I told her I was going to be based on my tracking.

Today was such a blessing and I'm feeling much better about everything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 8
Welcome, MrsA.

More spotting for me tonight. :-( I had a little cramp that felt off to me, just like the one last week. If there's any more I'll call my doctor's office in the morning, but I have this sneaking suspicion she's out of the office for the next week and a half. Have a feeling we're going to have to battle it out with her dumb staff.

I can't believe that nosy and rude of people actually exist! How dare anyone ask flat out if you're pregnant! Unreal.

MrsA, congrats on the surprise scan! We are due date buddies! :)

I think we're really going to try to move. Like, pretty much right away. Eek!

Okay, here's the bump comparison! First pic is 4.5 weeks:

image.jpg

Second is today @ 8.5 weeks! (Couldn't figure out how to get them together!)
image.jpg

Tara what a cute bump!!

MrsA welcome back. I totally forgot we we're so close I dates. My lmp was also July 3rd and I ovulated the 24th. Had given myself a date of April 16 but my scan out me back two days so it made me April 18th. I'm also 8w4d! How did I forget that, you were one of the first people due in April I connected with!

Congrats on the surprise scan, so glad they did that for you! I love the picture!! So very happy for you honey!!

You have such a nice neat bump! Lots of growth!

Sorry about the spotting city mouse!

MrsA I'm jealous of your scan!

Northern, I just noticed you are 11wks today! Congrats!

Dini, we're due date buddies as well! How fun! I haven't put much stock in my ticker before but my guess was spot on! :)

I think because I was unsure I also still don't have a due date listed on the first page. It's officially April 18th! :)

Sorry for those who have had rude people just asking! I was a bit worried about that happening at my company dinner on Friday. But thankfully as I've only just moved to this campus my colleagues don't really know me. One asked if I drink and I said no. Issue closed!

I'm planning to take an official bump photo today so I'll post it later.

I am so tired today! We've moved dd back into her own room and into a big girl bed. Its going well but she's still not quite gone back to being the good sleeper she was. She is waking up at about 3am and one of us has to go lie on the floor until she goes back to sleep. She then wakes up for the day between 4:30 and 5:45! Thankfully dh gets up for her but it still wakes me. I'm really hoping my energy levels increase soon. I have so much I need to catch up on!

I'm also not preparing much at the moment. For one I have a lot of stuff already. And the other reason is because over here they celebrate something called singles day on 11/11. They have these massive sales (kind of like black Friday). I got so much amazing stuff for dd for between 50% & 70% off last year.

Stripeycat- welcome back! I hope Mexico was fun though I'm sorry you'd been feeling sick!

Tara- I know what you mean. sane mommy & ff baby is better than crying all day and night mommy & bf baby :haha: that's a gorgeous scan pic btw congratulations!

akntqtpie- I'm sorry you've been waking up and unable to go back to sleep. that sounds awful and especially with work the next day. hope you enjoy your time off and sleeping in :hugs:

Sara & Rebecca- cute bump pics both :hugs:

xanzaba- lovely pic :hugs: sorry the sch grew but hopefully it'll just bleed itself out now and go away. as another poster said mine was gone without a trace by 2nd tri!

oswin & amelie- I was definitely well-researched in terms of breastfeeding but what I lacked was the help. I didn't feel like I could leave the house and be in a car for an hour to meet a lactation consultant bc it was all one big cluster feed! I'm sure it would have been different if I had help. I also put a lot of pressure on myself to breastfeed I kept thinking how it was so painful and so hard that I couldn't just give up!

northern- that's a really cute bump!

xanzaba- I'm sorry if my post before was intimidating! it's still pretty early and I'm sure the pregnancy itself doesn't feel real yet. with my first I didn't research things till 2nd & 3rd tri. research whenever you feel comfortable in doing so at your own pace. I had always been fascinated by birth so I ended up watching one born every minute from late 2nd tri onwards. it personally helped me be prepared for the birth in some way (in the sense that it was no longer an unknown) but I know it's not for everyone.

citymouse- I'm sorry you're still spotting. hope it stops!

Tara- cute bump :hugs: def looks like a bump to me!

I felt meh about preparing for dd & only bought things in 3rd tri. I'll probably be the same this time. I didn't buy much at all. the only thing that felt like a waste was the stroller...I didn't like it even though nothing is wrong with it. got 2 others since and gave that one away lol

DH wants us to use a double stroller for dd & new baby but I'm so unsure. It would depend on a lot of things but I really don't like tandem strollers. my main stroller is big and I can't imagine pushing bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->