**April Bunnies 2015**

I got mine at fetaldoppler.net for 52 bucks.

Don't waste your money on the expensive gel, I've been using vitamin e gel and it works fine.

Thanks! I looked on Amazon first but they don't have it now!

My two girlfriends last night were awesome. They both offered me their maternity clothes (both had spring babies and office jobs and are similar to me in height & build). Then they disagreed on whether it will be a boy or a girl, and made a bet so whoever loses has to take me for a pedicure. I said, works for me! <3 Then we all came home at 11. Because their babies are 5 and 7 months and we were all falling asleep at the bar!:haha:

Omg omg omg my DH little cousin who is due the same day as me just found out she's having twins!!!!!!!

I've been extremely exhausted and emotional these past two days.

I have dinner at mom's on saturdays. and some guests came super late dinner was already over an hour ago and I was exhausted. dd was exhausted after refusing every single nap. the people came with an exhausted toddler. she seemed to be staring at dd. I asked the woman if her daughter likes babies (my dd perks up when she sees babies and kids playing). she said that her dd loves biting babes :-|

I was sitting with dd right next to me and my arms around her. she was playing with a shop bag and brand new sippy cup that my aunt had just given us earlier today. the bag was longer than dd so I didn't even notice the toddler slipping her head between the bag & dd... she wasted no time and went straight for dd's foot! she cried so much I feel so upset.

my mom is so angry she actually told them off. but she seems to be equally angry at me because I didn't notice!! we have kids around all the time but I'm not used to having to be on the lookout for people trying to hurt my dd!!

That is so rude and unnecessary! Not your fault you didn't notice.

Kristy so exciting about twins! My best friend is due May 3rd and she is waiting for an ultrasound to see it she is having twins. She has had some stuff going on.

Perplexed... Wow! I am dumbstruck that that could even happen in real life, let alone that your mother would put any blame on you! I'm sorry, someone else's human child snuck over and bit my baby! That's absolutely absurd!! If my dd ever bit a baby once I would never let her wander near another unattended. For that mother to let that child in the same room as yours when she knows she "loves biting babies(!!)" is just negligent and insane.

Woo that got me fired up, sorry!

yeah...I'm more embarrassed by my mom's reaction. it seems too much! while yes...I'm slightly upset by the situation (not the baby who bit dd), but I don't think we should make it bigger than it is. I feel id be too embarrassed to be around those people now.

you're right tara. if my dd goes through a biting phase I wouldn't let her go around near babies if she is known to bite them. I'd distract her/keep her away. easier said than done I know...but they had no problem distracting the toddler after she had bit dd!

Hey girls :winkwink: just caught up. Sarah I'm so relieved everything's ok!

Northern Wow!! So exciting that you're feeling baby :wohoo:

Scottish - I have friends with kids very close and none of them have said it's hell. Just amazing and tiring and rewarding :hugs2:

How cool Rebecca that you have felt your baby! From all that I've read I'll probably have to wait about two more months to feel something as a first time mom. For you girls who are not first time moms, when did you first feel the baby with your first pregnancy?
17 weeks for me. Bubbles to start with.

Scottish- My midwife is actually very nice. I think she just didn't understand my question and at the time I couldn't figure out a better way to ask it. lol
MWs don't seem very up on the actual biology side!

Hope your dd wasn't in too much pain perplexed! My ds is going though a biting phase and it's hard to know when he is going to do it but I guess if a baby is about then I would be not allowing him access To it.

Kirsty wow congrats to her! Is she pleased? Or in shock I bet lol

For whoever asked how far along we were the first time we felt something, I can't quite recall but it was somewhere around 14-16 weeks.

Scottish I had a meltdown today and felt sad for the first time since my BFP. It just all got too much for me. My bump is getting very difficult to hide and some people at work have noticed. The thing is, they ask me straight or assume that I am PG and just say congratulations. I don&#8217;t like to lie but I&#8217;m not ready to tell yet. How can people not understand that it&#8217;s not their call, it&#8217;s mine?!! I&#8217;ll tell them when I&#8217;m ready and I want to wait at least until I have my NT scan on Tuesday!
But the worst for me happened yesterday. I told one of my good friends at work this week when I turned 11 weeks. I actually felt kind of bad for only telling her now. Anyway, yesterday morning she saw me and flat out told me: you&#8217;re fat. I felt really conscious about it and hurt. We had a teambuilding at my job yesterday and we were wearing sports attire. I was wearing black sweat pants that aren&#8217;t always very flattering for the figure but I actually thought these looked good on me. Then, in the afternoon, the company&#8217;s manager comes up to me and asks me when the baby is due. And I&#8217;m like what? &#8220;You&#8217;re not PG? I thought someone told me you were&#8221;. I had no idea who told him. Later in the day, my friend&#8217;s boss comes up to me and congratulates me. So I say again: why? And she says: don&#8217;t worry, your friend told me. I go up to my friend and confront her: you told your boss? And she lied to my face and denied it!!! I was SO hurt! :nope: I said: don&#8217;t do that, she told me you were the one who told her. And she probably told our manager as well.
I can&#8217;t believe I&#8217;ve been trying so hard to keep to myself all this time and then she comes along and ruins everything in 2 days time. And I wanted to tell our manager and she took that away from me. And the worst thing is she denied it to my face when I first confronted her. I lost all trust I had in her now. So to make a long story short, I&#8217;m FED UP with people asking if I&#8217;m PG or just congratulating me or looking at my belly all the time looking for clues and being betrayed. I feel betrayed. Maybe it&#8217;s the hormones but I feel very let down and hurt. I cried so much today and then fell asleep thank God. :cry: Anyway, sorry for the rant ladies&#8230;

Suzy- that stinks! Is she lashing out for a reason, or just not being considerate?

Ladies, anyone know if smoked salmon is safe? I've read conflicting things, but it sounds so good... Probably should avoid all of that salt anyway.

Oh Suzy that's terrible! I'm so sorry that happened to you. People are so very rude sometimes and she probably never thought about how it would hurt you if it got out before you were ready.

Had fun with my friend today, she got a new phone and I decided to get a new case for mine, my otter box was falling apart. We went to lunch and when our food came out all the sudden I got super nauseated and had to wait a minute to eat. It was so weird, but it passed and then I totally enjoyed my burger.

It seems the fatigue has come back a bit because I slept last night and I'm so tired today. But I've also been having crazy dreams lately!! Omg it's so weird. Anyone else having weird dreams?

Did anyone get a lot of stretching pains/feelings again around 8 weeks?

I seem to recall this with my other 2 aswell but not 100% sure...

Oh Suzy :( what a complete cow!! I'm so so sorry. You aren't overreacting in the least, she's totally out of line. Could it be jealousy?

Thanks Oswin! I think she was just being herself sadly... a bit insensitive.
Xanzaba I think she was just not being considerate about the fat thing. And knowing her, when I call her out on it she will say I&#8217;m very sensitive. So be it.
Sarah I&#8217;m so glad everything is ok. Poor you, you are really being put to the test. Do any of your books say anything about manicures? Specifically gel nail polish.
Rebecca your intra-uterine story cracked me up :happydance:
Beanonorder I&#8217;m sorry you and DH are fighting. That doesn&#8217;t really help right now. Maybe you&#8217;re both stressed right now and going through a rough patch. I&#8217;m sure everything will get better soon enough O:)
Northern I hope it&#8217;s the baby you&#8217;re feeling. I feel like some &#8220;activity&#8221; is going on down there. Don&#8217;t know if it&#8217;s the baby moving but I hope so. The Bud girl contest was definitely not a good call. Men just don&#8217;t get it sometimes. I had a huge fight with dh as well today because of interior decorating stuff. And he will just not give me a break. Today was not a good day for me either. Took a nap in the afternoon and feel better though. Arrange for another mini spa at your place if you need a little pick me up. That sounded great :thumbup:
A girlfriend who had her baby on 21-8 just gave me a bunch of her maternity clothes including 5 pairs of pants, 4 dresses and some really cute tops. She was a really fashionable pregnant lady. She already has a son and just had a daughter and, according to her, she&#8217;s finished. So she won&#8217;t be needing any maternity clothes any more. I felt so good because the pants actually fit me and I feel so good in them. Yay for maternity clothes! :happydance:

Dini- I am having the weirdest dreams! Sometimes, I am so glad to wake up because my dreams are so bizarre. And they are often so realistic I don't realize I'm dreaming at the time.

Amelie- My stretching pains stopped for a little at 8 weeks. But they have started up again this past week. Are you talking about RL pain? Or if you are talking about stretching cramps, yes those have pretty much stopped.

Suzy- That friend of yours is really rude and inconsiderate. I don't think I could tolerate someone like that. It seems you are in better spirits now. It's so nice that you are getting maternity clothes.

I have been so moody lately! I'm hoping it passes soon. I break out into tears at the drop of a hat. This happened at the beginning, but it is getting even more intense now. I was watching a show about weight loss and just broke down at a guy's story of cancer survival. Then I was randomly crying about my grandmother who has dementia and, although she is alive, she is not mentally present to know her great grandchildren. I cried about that for about an hour.
The fatigue is still lingering. But if this pregnancy is anything at all like my last one (which so far it hasn't been at all), I will be free of fatigue on Wednesday. With my son, it disappeared at exactly 11 weeks. I'm ready to feel semi-human again.

I finally got my craving back for chips with guacamole and salsa, but I didn't like it--too salty! So, at least I got that craving out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->