**April Bunnies 2015**

I'm having serious episodes of feeling weak and shaking. I think it's blood sugar related. Once I drink juice I'm ok a few mins later. So weird.

I'm having this everyday, it's vile, and i can't get rid of it :(

11 weeks today. 5 days until my first prenatal appointment and 9 days until my fetal assessment scan. I've been relaxing and trying to do nothing for the past few days, really hoping the hemorrhage is going to be healed by the time they scan me and baby will be alright.

Counting, it's so hard to wait for those appointments for the reassurance we all need so much. Fingers crossed for you!

Kirsty, I really hope your bleeding stops. I know it occurred with your other pregnancies as well, but I can't imagine ever feeling comfortable with it! :(

Kirsty- I hate to hear about your bleeding again! I can only imagine how frustrating that is. Hope it goes away soon!

Sarah- Same for you! I am glad your doctors have been able to give you some guidance on it. And I also hope yours clears up soon.

Beanonorder- Glad to hear things are going better with your husband right now! As far as the burning sensation goes, I may have felt that. I have felt what I would describe as a strong tingling especially on the left side.

Xanzaba- What a sweet thing to be able to do with your husband! Sounds like he is being very understanding :)

I was lying in bed last night and I realized that I have worries that extend beyond the first trimester. I think we are all slightly worried about mmc, and somehow that's a little reassuring in an odd way because I think with the number of us who have had symptoms (or lack of) that have worried us, that would leave almost nobody on this thread and that can't be! But then I was having worries about a whole variety of things that even happen when you have a healthy pregnancy. So I took a deep breath and told myself, "Just enjoy the pregnancy. Worrying helps nothing."

But speaking of worrying, my son was supposed to go into the living room last night to give Daddy a goodnight hug and kiss while I got a story to read for bedtime. And when I went in there he was "telling jokes" while jumping on the couch! I said, "You need to tell your daddy goodnight." So, with a toy gun in hand and still jumping, he said "Night ni..." and propelled himself off of the side of the couch directly into a small space between the couch and the wall. He went head first into the wall with a toy gun somehow wedging itself between his head and the wall. I freaked out! His head had snapped back and then he went to the ground. He had a giant round spot on his head from the toy. The skin was broken and bleeding. We put ice on it immediately, but we weren't sure if there were other problems. So, he stayed up watching Up in our bed while I held ice to his head. Thankfully, he seems to be just fine and the wound seems to be only at the surface. I let him choose between several movies, and he chose Up. I realized that's a hard movie to watch when you are pregnant! I teared up a couple of times.

Thanks everyone the bleeding did stop straight away and iv been fine since. It's never something I will be able to get used to no matter how many times it happens. Scares me everytime. Counting down the days to the 30th for my scan! Xxx

Kirsty I'm glad the bleeding stopped again, you must be so worried when it happens!

Rebecca you are totally right, we need to learn to enjoy this! Can someone tell us how? Lol. Woke up today with my breasts barely tender and not at all swollen or heavy again and it automatically scared me. Tried my Doppler with no luck and of course got scared but it's so early and baby is just stubborn I'm sure. Worrying doesn't help a thing!! Wish there was a button to push to turn it off.

I am pretty tired today though and think I'm going to eat lunch soon and take a nap. DH's younger brother (19) is coming over tonight to hang out and stay the night. I love having him around he's so much fun and I figured it could keep my mind busy for a bit lol.

Northern and oswin I hope those episodes will be gone soon!!

kristy- so sorry about your bleeding. I hope it stops.

northern & oswin- feel better soon!

counting- hopefully everything is fine. almost at 2nd tri so exciting!

Rebecca- you're right worrying helps nothing, I try to tell myself that too. I'm glad your ds is okay, I felt kinda scared reading!! I got teary eyed watching up while not pregnant I think id full out cry my eyes out if I watch it now!

dini- I hope you enjoy tonight!

today I threw up a bit more than usual...and stayed sick most of the day. had toast for dinner because I can't even think of eating anything else. all my regular breakfast stuff are out the window now since they made me sick earlier.

dd is next to me in bed right now, she's been trying to sleep for an hour and a half and just rolling around tossing and turning. I wonder if it's because I have her fruits so late in the afternoon?

I'm having serious episodes of feeling weak and shaking. I think it's blood sugar related. Once I drink juice I'm ok a few mins later. So weird.

I'm having this everyday, it's vile, and i can't get rid of it :(

Worst feeling in the world. I hope this isn't a sign of gestational diabetes to come. I'm scared to death of it.

It is normal for your blood sugar to go very low in pregnancy (which feels rubbish)

When you have GD your levels actually have to be lower than they would normally expect of a non pregnant diabetic - to make sure your are as close to 'normal' as possible.

GD doesn't usually kick in until 12+ weeks and much more usually at 27+ weeks.

Signs are being very thirsty, peeing a lot, craving sugar, extemely tired. Main symptom though is sugar in your pee.

It is worth being aware of - I have zero risk factors. I weighed 110lb, was 24 years old, white european ethnicity and no family history and I still got it!!!

In the US it is better screened for than in the UK. I was unlucky to not be picked up until 36 weeks the first time.

https://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p686/Daphne_Willow/Mobile%20Uploads/10461308_704915389564166_5299662768069457150_n_zps275696b8.jpg

It is normal for your blood sugar to go very low in pregnancy (which feels rubbish)

When you have GD your levels actually have to be lower than they would normally expect of a non pregnant diabetic - to make sure your are as close to 'normal' as possible.

GD doesn't usually kick in until 12+ weeks and much more usually at 27+ weeks.

Signs are being very thirsty, peeing a lot, craving sugar, extemely tired. Main symptom though is sugar in your pee.

It is worth being aware of - I have zero risk factors. I weighed 110lb, was 24 years old, white european ethnicity and no family history and I still got it!!!

In the US it is better screened for than in the UK. I was unlucky to not be picked up until 36 weeks the first time.

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I have a lot of risk factors for it.

Dini- I don't even know if there is answer for how to stop worrying. I just have to keep telling myself to quit because it isn't doing anything.

Oswin- I love that picture! That's great!

Thanks Rebecca. I know you are right I think I'm just having a bad day because some days I'm fine. I think the worst of it is feeling helpless. There is nothing I can do and I don't do well with helplessness lol.

On a different note, I don't know what I was thinking, but decided to watch a sappy dad hallmark movie where the heroine dies and that is just not a good idea right now, at least no one is here to see me cry!!

Northern, the symptoms sound like your blood sugar is going low, and certainly the fact that drinking juice made you feel better backs that up. Low blood sugar in pregnancy is very normal.
In gestational diabetes blood sugar is high. Drinking juice would make you feel even worse.
If you have risk factors for gd then definitely get tested at the appropriate time (usually 26-28 weeks here). I wouldn't worry about gd yet... it definitely doesn't sound like you have it atm.

Northern sorry you haven't been feeling great. I think I'm having a bit of an issue with my blood pressure. I'm naturally on the low side but on Saturday I walked into dds room and everything just went black. I managed to get down onto my hands and knees so I didn't fall over but it really wasn't a nice feeling.

Its amazing at just how much we worry during pregnancy. I actually try not to think about being pregnant too much because my worrying goes into overdrive. I'm hoping once I get my blood results I will feel a bit better because at least certain things will (hopefully) be ruled out.

Gosh took me so long to read just one day of this thread!

Welcome counting! Sara so glad all is well! Northern, I colored mine a week after my bfp, my stylist is pregnant as well and she said its fine and most if the reading I've done said it's fine as well.

I can't say I have any depression but I do have anxiety for sure about getting through this trimester! In wish I could sleep it away!!

Felt okay today, had some nausea in a lecture but my ginger candy helped. Weird thing is for the last two days I've had diarrhea and I can't figure it out. I was the opposite last week. Maybe instead if throwing up this is what my body does?? Hmm anyway.

I will post a bump when I have one but for now I don't look any different. I'm fluffy as it is so it just looks like my usual fluff.

Thats me too! I go between diarrhea and constipation. Theres no inbetween.

Phew. What a weekend. My sister is due Oct 30th and her shower was yesterday. Ive been planning it for two months and am exhausted(not to mention slightly stressed). It went well but I was on my feet 9am-9pm. I was so tired.

By the end of the night, I could barely move. I was grouchy and bloated. Just wanted to go home. I fell asleep on the couch around 10:30 and when my husband woke me up later, my heels/achilles tendon hurt so terribly. Today, my knee is swollen and ive been cramping on and off. I clearly over did it. I spent the afternoon sipping water and feet up on the couch. Im feeling better now but my back is sore still.

Dini...I feel ya girl. Sorry you're feeling so stressed.

Hugs Kirsty...hopefully this bleeding resolves itself for us both soon.

Beanorder, wow that sounds scary. Earlier on I had a few times when I stood up quickly and had to sit down, but it was never like everything went black. Hope that doesn't happen again!

Mrs.A...I had a big day on Tuesday of last week and phew! I did nothing on Wednesday and very little on Thursday! Hope you get all rested up soon!

Northern...sorry for the blood sugar issues!

So I have a question for you guys, especially those who have been preggers before. Has anyone's nausea/MS set in late? I have had hardly any of that this whole pregnancy. As long as I didn't let myself get too hungry, I've been perfectly fine. Then since I turned 10 weeks I have been wretching/dry heaving (like this morning brushing my teeth set it off) here and there and been consistently pretty nauseous mostly in the late afternoons and evenings. Also belching up a storm lol. Been having to drink ginger ale. After a quick google, I found one article that said HCG peaks around 10 weeks, so maybe that's why? I just thought I was in the clear for MS, and then it reared its ugly head. Anyway, just wondered if anyone else had experienced a late onset of MS/nausea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->