**April Bunnies 2015**

Counting :hugs: I really really hope everything will be ok. It's horrid being unknown. Xxx

Tara down days suck especially if you have decisions to make. I am sure things will work out for you xxx

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your feedback about my late onset nausea. I was feeling like a real wierdo for a second because most resources I had read said you can expect to start feeling better soon, not all of a sudden get sick when you haven't been this whole time! That's why I just <3 having this group, beyond the fun chats and support! Glad to know it's fairly normal. :)

Northern, I think tomato and mayo sandwiches sound great. I don't know why, but whenever you guys mention something you're eating it sounds so good to me. LOL. A long time ago someone mentioned that they lived on Sonic Jalapeño poppers. Well, I never, like never, eat anything from sonic. I just feel like it's all greasy and gross. Once a year I might get a drink there. Well, a few weeks later I had a sweet tooth late at night and in a fit of spontaneity, DH took me for a shake at sonic...sure enough! I HAD to have some jalapeño poppers. They had been on my mind ever since reading that. LOL Oh, except for your raw broccoli craving Rebecca...that's doing nothing for me ;) Maybe your body needs some nutrient.

Good luck with your appointment Scottish! :)

Tara, sorry you're feeling so anxious. I was having similar feelings a few weeks ago. My DH makes enough that I can afford to stay home with this one, and it's what I really want to do. But I think it's hard for us, especially those of us who have always done well in school/professionally to all of a sudden think about getting all of our validation as a person from raising a family. Even if it's just for a few years. I was telling DH, I just want to feel like I'm "contributing"!! And it's not to say you're not by raising little humans, but it's definitely a more thankless, with less concrete accomplishments in the immediate sense. Just realize what you are going through is completely normal, and I really believe like so many other things in pregnancy/child rearing, the thought and anticipation is going to end up being scarier than the reality. Hugs.

Counting, sorry you are experiencing cramps and bleeding :hugs: sweetie.

Sarah- I don't know if someone else said something about jalapeño poppers, but I know I had. I have been constantly craving spicy foods. Although I don't get mine from Sonic. I just buy them in bulk and cook them when I want them. :) My husband likes them too, so we just share. It's so weird because I am not one to eat spicy food usually let alone jalapeños! My raw broccoli craving is gone for now. lol That would be a weird thing to eat for breakfast anyway.

Yes I think it was you Rebecca! And I must have just added on the Sonic part in my mind because that's the first place I think of that has them! Maybe I'll look at the store next time :)

Sara look at the pic I attached on what my pregnancy app says. It confirms that 10 weeks can be worst for sickness. It wouldn't let me copy and paste so I had to do a screen shot :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 7
Counting- I'm so sorry. I hope everything is ok and that you have answers soon.

Sara- I've actually encountered my worst nausea yet this pregnancy, I wonder if I'm 10 weeks already without knowing? it literally just got worse the past few days.

Starting to taste/smell something...melted plastic wth. I had a plasticy taste in my mouth with dd in 1st tri and drinking water made it worse. but melted plastic? I really don't know!

Sarah, thank you. I do wish I could just hide in my bed until after my next doc appt. But if we're going to move we need to get our house on the market yesterday, and I have no idea what to do! :p

Jalapeño poppers sound really good right now! I've been terrible lately. :p

Perplexed I have a vile taste too, can't describe it but it's horrendous.

Rebecca - your raw broccoli craving made me think maybe it was iron your body was craving?

Amelie - I'd totally recommend a doppler. I'm fat as can be haha, but found baby from 9 weeks. I think knowing what you're doing makes a huge difference. I spent yonks googling, reading blogs about it, watching videos, and I can find it every time (except today when he must've been somewhere else haha I had some cold juice and took a walk and found him straight away. Hb is always around 165/169. The Sonoline B is ace.)

Tara :hugs2:

I am an experienced doppler addict, hehe.

I sold my old one though. As we were just going to have 2 children. Hehe.

Oswin I'm so jealous! I haven't been able to find baby at all since 8w6d, and even then it was only a glimpse. I tried twice today and no luck and don't really feel pregnant so it's freaking me out of course. I have no symptoms at all today except very minor breast tenderness and they've shrunk again. I swear if I don't feel pregnant again tomorrow I'm calling the Dr.

I know it's normal, but I'm just scared I guess. My next appt is in 10 days but I don't think I can wait that long. Oswin how did you find it? I mean can you describe to me how you did it, since I'm fat too lol.

Counting I do hope all is okay, I think if the cramping is bad enough I'd call the doc and if they can't get you in I'd go to the ER because I would just worry so bad.

I need to get to the grocery store, but I so hate shopping, but I am working the next 3 days all 12hour shifts and I don't know how I'll do it, but I guess if I don't feel pregnant I'll manage...

My fatigue is gone today!!!! :happydance: Yes! Yes! Yes! I feel like I can see the light at the end of the first trimester tunnel.

I am also happy because so far this baby has me craving healthy food. I just finished eating some fresh strawberries. I craved junk with my son and I had to lose 50 lbs after I had him. I don't want to get that heavy again.

Dini- I hope you can find the hb with your doppler soon. I wish I had tips for you, but I don't know..other than to make sure you keep it right at the pelvic area. I am sure that hearing it would give you a ton of reassurance. I feel like things are probably fine esp. since your coworker did see the baby and hb on an ultrasound. But I know how you feel :hugs:

What is jalapeño poppers? :munch:

They are fried jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese (for the most part). Some stuff it with other cheeses. I don't eat more than about 4 because I'm sure they aren't very healthy.

Attachments

• poppers.jpg
    poppers.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 5
Jalapeño poppers are the best thing you'll ever eat. I normally love spicy food but I'm totally gone off it since I found out I was pregnant.

Counting hope everything is ok!

Tara, I understand your need for a long term plan. We are so up in the air over buying a house, and once I go on mat leave I'm finished at my hateful job. I'm going to nursing school in September. It's a big jump. Just take deep breaths, let it go and it will all be ok!

They look good! I love things fried with cheese in it :haha:
Especially mozzarella sticks!

Hugs Dini! Baby's fine!
I recommend reading this post, (https://lovebeingpregnant.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/how-to-use-fetal-doppler-at-home.html?m=1) and watching the videos she links too. Also use lots of gel. And be patient. I'm quite fat, so couldn't get a good reading eventhough i heard baby distantly a few times, so I kept the wand still and angled down for a few minutes and suddenly a REALLY loud really fast hb that registered on the doppler screen as 168. Baby did a swim-past :cloud9:
It's different things for everyone, but for me empty bladder, hips tilted up on a pillow, and a cold drink work best.

Amelie, I'm 9w2d and thought I found it at 9w but wasn't sure and haven't found it since.

MrsA I love the world idea for the shower, how fun! What is she having??

Shes having a girl! :)

Im convinced im having a boy.

My nausea has been better for a week or so now. I was worried at first but then chalked it up to getting closer to the 12 week mark.

Those poppers look so good! We don't have those where I live but now I want some. Sarah I feel the same. Everytime someone talks about food here, I want it! Except for Rebecca's raw brocoli O:)

So I have my NT scan tomorrow. I already got the blood & urine analysis back. I'm so nervous!!! I've been googling NT results and nasal bone and papp-a and beta hcg like crazy. I'm done. I give up. I'll wait for tomorrow. At least my normal bloodwork looks fine. Even my glucose level which I was worried about because I didn't take the test on an empty stomach. Does anyone here have any experience with NT scans? Those odds they give us can be so scary.

Suzy I'll be anxious to hear everyone's thoughts. I'll be scheduling my NT scan at my appt on the 25th.

Oswin thank you! I decided I'd go to the grocery and if I couldn't find it when I got home then I'd give up for a few days but after about 5 min I found it!! Kept it long enough that I even got a video so I can keep listening to it!! Omg I feel so relieved now!! Doppler didn't pick up the rate but I counted and got a rate of 174!

Made tacos and brown rice for dinner and brownies for dessert! Yumm!! DH's brother is staying again tonight so we are watching Con Air. I absolutely LOVE that movie!

Also, I could totally have got for jalapeño poppers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->