**April Bunnies 2015**

So much happened while I slept! I can see how that is disappointing to the people that voted yes!

Hi girls. Sorry I've been missing these last few days, I'm travelling with work and I've been very busy. I'm having horrible headaches at the moment, from the time I wake up until I go to sleep. It's a type of pressure headache so I suspect it's stress related and nothing I do makes me feel better. Ugh! Any tips on how to relieve it?

Still counting down to my first scan next week! So exciting to finally see the baby! Only five days to go now and since I'm away from home being so busy time passes so much faster :)

Rebecca, cute bump - you have really popped this last week! Mine is not quite there yet, but it sure is hard to hide from my collegues! I see some of them glancing at my belly, but besides those who so bluntly congratulated my on my pregnancy last week most of them have class and haven't said anything.

Interesting to read about the cloth diapers. I've never heard about them before, maybe they are not very common in my country. I like the thought of not producing so much trash and wasting resources, but I don't think I can do all that washing and cleaning!

Tara- I've never been in this situation before, but I did have a health scare in which I was a lot less productive than before. I thought I could just tough it out, and tried for a month, but my boss finally asked me what was going on. It was a great relief to tell him what was going on- I hated him to think I was just not keeping up.

Tara- I would tell. When I was pregnant with my son I told early because of my sch and some complications that caused me to need more frequent appointments. I was so glad when I told because I found out that they were going to start evaluating me for performance issues! When they found out I was pregnant, they were much more understanding. I was even given an amount of time during the day I was allowed to go take a nap if I wanted one! I just feel it's better for your superiors to understand your whole situation before making big decisions for both them and you.

Scottish- How disappointing! I was really hoping the end result would have been yes. As I followed it, it would have been a great thing for your country right now. I have been to Scotland once, and I absolutely loved it there. What an interesting, beautiful country. Not that that has anything to do with your independence. I just wanted to say that I loved Scotland.

Tove- If you don't want to tell, I understand. But what country do you live in? Just curious about where they don't have cloth diapers.

Kirsty- Happy 10 weeks!

I got into a huge fight with my husband yesterday that is still kind of lingering. He really hurt my feelings although he didn't intend to. But what frustrates me about him is that if he hurts your feelings and doesn't mean to, he just thinks your feelings shouldn't be hurt because he didn't mean to hurt them. His sister is the exact same way. So, I personally think it has something to do with the way they were raised. I have really tried to explain to him that it doesn't matter if you meant to hurt someone's feelings or not. If you did it, you should at least try to care that the person's feelings were hurt and show them that you really didn't intend to make them feel bad. He's gotten better about it over the years the more we have talked about it. He used to be much more insensitive. But he still does it from time to time. And he thinks we should meet halfway. For example, he will show more concern for my feelings but that I should also try to not always expect him to "say the right thing." Anyway, a large part of it is probably pregnancy hormones. I just got mad that he hurt my feelings and didn't want to apologize for it but just told me not to be so upset. I hope we will sort it out before the weekend starts.

Hi girls! Man I have missed so much! I tried to keep up while working the last 3 days but 3 days in a row at my job is exhausting especially in the first trimester. I went to bed Wed night at 9:30pm, way earlier than usual.

Rebecca, how you have popped! So cute!

Sorry to the Scottish girls, I was hoping for you :growlmad:

Maggz, I'm so thrilled you found babies heartbeat!! It's a great feeling isn't it?? :headspin:

Tara I agree with the others, I'd tell your boss especially with what's going on and how you feel about the company. 2 weeks is a long time when you are feeling anxious about your job!

Northern, I'm so sorry your HG came back, I hope today is better!

Sara the scans are so cute! I'm happy you posted them, because we all love to see them! And we all love to post our own when we finally get them!

About the cloth diapers..I've really thought about them and DH and I actually talked about them a bit, I think I'll do some research myself, they aren't super popular in the US, but the money they'd save, and the waste they'd save is enticing. I may do what Beanonorder said (I think it was you hehe) and start with newborn disposable and when I get my bearings give the cloth a try. I know none of my friends have used them. I know my mom did with me..34 years ago! But they also had a diaper service that came and picked up the dirty and replaced with clean..boy that would be nice!

Sorry girls, I've been gone so darn long this is gonna be a long one!

Name wise, I LOVE the names you all have picked out! We aren't certain of a boys name, but for a girl we (I) like Cassidee Ann. My oldest niece's name is Cassie and the youngest is Sidnee so I thought that way I could kinda name her after both of them, my Mom's middle name was Ann and that's what she went by. For a boy we are toying with Blaze. It's unique and strong, and it's a family name on my side, it's my gg-grandfather's name, and he was the first person (other than native americans) to settle in a neighboring county when he immigrated from France. Has a neat story to it at least.

Afm, I was lucky at work because the fatigue wasn't terrible, the dizziness was a bit worse yesterday several times but tolerable. Today I am really quite nauseated which is a first for a while, but on a good note, after two days of not finding baby on the doppler, I found it this morning right away!! Good strong heartbeat between 178-180 from what I can tell by counting, still too faint (with all my fluff) for the doppler to read it.

I got into a huge fight with my husband yesterday that is still kind of lingering. He really hurt my feelings although he didn't intend to. But what frustrates me about him is that if he hurts your feelings and doesn't mean to, he just thinks your feelings shouldn't be hurt because he didn't mean to hurt them. His sister is the exact same way. So, I personally think it has something to do with the way they were raised. I have really tried to explain to him that it doesn't matter if you meant to hurt someone's feelings or not. If you did it, you should at least try to care that the person's feelings were hurt and show them that you really didn't intend to make them feel bad. He's gotten better about it over the years the more we have talked about it. He used to be much more insensitive. But he still does it from time to time. And he thinks we should meet halfway. For example, he will show more concern for my feelings but that I should also try to not always expect him to "say the right thing." Anyway, a large part of it is probably pregnancy hormones. I just got mad that he hurt my feelings and didn't want to apologize for it but just told me not to be so upset. I hope we will sort it out before the weekend starts.

Oh almost forgot, I'm so sorry Rebecca..men can be so insensitive sometimes. My DH acts like that as well, if he doesn't mean to hurt me and he does he figures it should all be good. He's been better about it lately though since being pregnant. I hope you sort it out so you can enjoy your weekend!! :hugs:

Kala Haha I know it's a typo but I still laughed. Yes I'm 5. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: omg hahahaha you guys I just laughed so hard my boss was asking me if everything was okay!!

No pics I promise!!!

Tara- I would tell. When I was pregnant with my son I told early because of my sch and some complications that caused me to need more frequent appointments. I was so glad when I told because I found out that they were going to start evaluating me for performance issues! When they found out I was pregnant, they were much more understanding. I was even given an amount of time during the day I was allowed to go take a nap if I wanted one! I just feel it's better for your superiors to understand your whole situation before making big decisions for both them and you.

Scottish- How disappointing! I was really hoping the end result would have been yes. As I followed it, it would have been a great thing for your country right now. I have been to Scotland once, and I absolutely loved it there. What an interesting, beautiful country. Not that that has anything to do with your independence. I just wanted to say that I loved Scotland.

Tove- If you don't want to tell, I understand. But what country do you live in? Just curious about where they don't have cloth diapers.

Kirsty- Happy 10 weeks!

Sorry about this Hun :hugs: I've had to tell my DH a couple times to go easy on me because he jokes a lot and it can get to be too much especially when I'm not feeling well. I think men just don't realize how fragile our feelings can be during pregnancy.

I never said the names I like so far! For a boy we like Logan and for a girl Freya.

I thought you're meant to start feeling better at 10 weeks???? Iv started getting braxton hicks! And I feel so so so sick and my boobs are killing me! They stopped being sore at 7 weeks!

I live Freya! So cute!!

Sorry you aren't feeling well Kirsty. Seems we are both getting our symptoms back.

I love it aswell. DH isn't so sure now tho since he found out that's what his dad wanted to call his sister. DH wants Eva or Ava but that's one of the name his little sister wants when she has a baby but DH said tough since we are expecting and he really wants it! Argh part of me is hoping it's a boy now so I don't need to deal with it lol!

Thanks Dini and Kalabear! It feels more comforting to know other men are the same way. He really didn't say anything THAT bad. He just said he didn't like one of my new maternity tops. But it hurt my feelings because just up until that point I was really trying not to look like a slob. I was trying to look cute. And I went through 3 shirts before I picked one I thought was great. And then he said he didn't like it. So, it hurt my feelings. He doesn't see it as a big deal. My feelings were hurt because I had gone to so much trouble. I explained that to him. He explained that he was clearly clueless to that. But I just want him to say he is sorry. I don't know why that is so hard to do. That's what I'm still annoyed about.

Men sometimes! Luckily my OH has 5 sisters and has learned to not even comment on clothes/hair etc unless he is saying something positive.

I had another doctor's appointment today. He said my weak/dizzy spells are actually from low blood pressure, not low blood sugar like I thought. So now I'm tachycardic and have low blood pressure. Who would have thought that was even possible!

Wow kirsty that's funny Freyja is one of my favorites as well - I just don't think this is a girl I have haha. I would spell it with a j in there cause it's a viking name, originally Icelandic, and that's how we pronounce it (it's still Fray-ya, we pronounce j like you guys do y). Anyways just thought it was funny, didn't expect anyone to have that on their list!

Rebecca my DH does the same thing - he thinks my expectations are too high for him and what I *think* or *expect* him to say and/or do. It's frustrating for sure but they really just aren't as good at communicating as we are (most guys anyways). Sorry he hurt your feelings, I hope you guys work it out.

On another note someone mentioned hypnobirthing in another thread and I feel like some of you talked about it before?? Anyways I went online and found an instructor that lives close and I really wanna do the classes and have a virtually pain free birth! Any stories from you guys about it?

Maggz we had a discussion about hypnobirthing in here! I'm looking into it. My friend did it and she said she had a totally pain free delivery.

Maggz it's a very common name in Scotland! My other two have Scottish names and I looked online for other names that would go nicely with my two and I fell in love with it! I know a few kids called Freya. I like the way you would spell it. Iv never seen it like that before x

Yeah I'm down for anything that'll make it more calm and pain free! Let's see what DH thinks haha :) Although honestly every time I mention something about the birth, he's like "that's all you babe" :haha: I suggested we go to San Fransisco cause they have the only hospital in the state that does gas and air, and he just said "sure if we can get you up there that's fine" :) He's obviously intent on giving me anything I want hahaha

Really kirsty I didn't know! Well it makes sense since the vikings were there, it's funny there's lots of Icelandic names in Scotland, like towns and stuff. What are your other babies' names?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->