**April Bunnies 2015**

Rebecca, I'm more like the man in my relationship. I seem to hurt OH's feelings constantly. I actually get annoyed with him for being so sensitive. If he wasn't hurt so frequently I think I'd care more that I hurt him, if you know what I mean.

Ha! That's probably how my husband feels! I can be pretty sensitive and pregnancy only makes me more sensitive.

yay for 12 weeks ssjad congrats!

counting that u/s pic is so cute. I know how it feels though...the bleeding not having a reason. hopefully your next appointment can give you some answers.

I'm still having painful cramps :( I'm actually calling them contractions because that's how painful they are. will stop working out and take it easy for a while and hope they ease up. stay sticky little one.

I eventually had to wake dh at 8:15 this morning because I have the most awful pain down my left side, from my rib cage to my hip bone. I'm almost sure it's nothing to do with baby. But I have no idea what it is. Maybe I've pulled something because of straining. I've been severely constipated. I feel so bad because it was his morning to sleep in and we had plans later on. Now I don't want to do anything.

Beanonorder, I'm so sorry for your pain! I hope it gets better! Rest and try some heat maybe.

Maggz I feel the same about the NT scan but it's my only chance to see the baby before 20weeks so I'm doing it. I know I'll worry if the results are iffy but I also know that many people get those same results with a healthy baby.

Oh well that makes me feel better about going, I didn't know they had cool advanced scans in there... well duh.

Haha talking about being emotional, my DH actually started counting the days that I didn't cry, he was wondering if I could make it a week :rofl:

My dh is actually pissed at me for waking him up before 9. He doesn't even care that something is wrong with me.

Counting, I'm glad things are going well for you so far! Fingers crossed for you that the bleeding stops and you can breathe easy.

Perplexed,:hugs: I'm so sorry you're having such intense cramps, that is awful. I truly hope rest and hydration send them on their way. Thinking of you.

Maggz, I didn't do the first tri genetic screening/ NT scan with DD for the same reason--we didn't want to be unnecessarily worried, and at that time the only thing they could do if your risk was high was an amniocentesis, which we weren't willing to risk. But then when dd had echogenic bowel on her 20-week u/s, the neonatologist gave us grief bc the screening could have helped them narrow down the cause. (The cause, we learned after a great deal of tears and worry, was: Nothing.:dohh:) This time we've decided to do it, partly bc of that and partly bc if the results are high now they can do another blood test instead of the amnio. And partly for the chance to see our bean once more between now & 20 weeks! :p BUT choosing NOT to do it is totally legitimate, and I understand it. You do what feels right for your family.

I'm not having the NT scan. I don't want the worry. Not after everything iv been through already x

Beanonorder- I hope you feel better soon. I'm surprised that other ppl's DH are the same as mine. With dd I woke up one night with intense pains I was screaming and crying. When he finally woke up he asked how many weeks I was (26) and started asking dr google...it was hours before he agreed to taking me to the er. it turned out to be trapped wind...but severe, lol, but still it was an intense night and I was shocked he didn't even worry!

TaraCathryn- thank you :hugs:

with dd I did an equivalent of an nt scan...it was at a private clinic and the dr basically took a look at everything and said, "everything looks good," no numbers no percentages or anything. I hope it's the same this time as I know I'll worry if I'm given numbers & an official report. on our anotamy scan with dd she had these choroid plexus cysts in her head and the dr told me that she has to put it in the report even though it doesn't mean anything and assured me that it's a normal part of brain development. I did spend some time worrying and asking dr google but then it passed thankfully!

Here you only get a NT scan if you are high risk. Most low risk pregnancies only get 1 scan at 20 weeks, and maybe that is better. Being high risk however, it's really important for me to know exactly what is happening and be prepared for any complication. In my case that means getting the measurements and blood work. If it is positive, then I can relax- a lot, with the knowledge LO is most likely doing well. It's a huge weight lifted. If results are abnormal, I can make a plan and be prepared for that too.

Counting- what province are you in? I've been feeling for weeks that 18w ultrasounds are too long of a wait!

DH is exactly the same! A few years ago I injured my arm and ended up with a frozen shoulder. DH, who is not a native english speaker, thought I was over-hyping things and told everyone I had a cold shoulder, which sounded more reasonable to him. Well, I started getting friends asking me why I was giving DH a hard time. It took some time to figure out he was telling everyone I had a cold shoulder and then, when I confronted him, told me I was trying to get sympathy calling it a frozen shoulder. Ah, men sometimes!

Other than that, he is a sweetheart, but he really can't stand to see me in pain and acts really badly when there is something wrong.

Good friends of ours just had a little boy yesterday and they've named him Logan :'(
They had settled on Thorne but apparently someone made the comment that people are going to tell him he's a little prick so they got put off. I've loved Logan forever and I really don't want to find a new name.

Counting- what province are you in? I've been feeling for weeks that 18w ultrasounds are too long of a wait!

Nova Scotia! I've never experienced a low risk pregnancy, however I think it must be such a long wait to see baby, and just one scan seems odd to me. (Anatomy scan here is at 18-22 weeks, usually around 20). With my son I had about 16-18 ultrasounds during my pregnancy(But I can't remember exactly now and after a while you start to loose track), with this pregnancy I've had 4 so far. It is stressful, but I found it amazing seeing my son grow and change over time inside me, same with this baby.

I think you could still name your baby Logan either way. I totally would. Maybe it's a cultural thing but around here lots of people use the same name and no one really asks what's going on. If I really loved the name, I'd use it either way. My baby boy name I would use no matter who used it and how long apart their birth was. We had 3 baby boys in the neighborhood recently and 2 of them have the same name!

Oh, and I think we have our baby names(Maybe)

Boy:
Reed Nathaniel Joshua

Girl:
Aubrey Athena Rose

I still like Willow for a girl and Finley for a boy though as first names, so we will see. I'm not sure Finley Nathaniel Joshua sounds very good(DH's middle name choices) and Willow is fine with Rose but would definitely need another middle name that wasn't Athena, because I'm pretty sure it can only be pulled off as a middle name with Aubrey as the first. Willow Aubrey Rose is OK, but DH gets to pick the middle names, so, eh.

Beanonorder, that sucks! I'm not sure what I would do in that situation! Maybe research names and see if you fall in love with any others. And you may have a girl anyway. But if it is a boy and by the time he's born your heart is still set on Logan, I would just explain to my friends then that I had the name chosen forever, and use it.

Did anyone else's fatigue get worse at 10 weeks? I thought I'd be starting to feel better but I'm completely useless the last couple of days!:sleep:

Tara I actually sent her a message straight away so if we use it she knows. But of course I also ended up giving away the fact that I'm pregnant. Good thing 12 weeks is just a few days away.

Perplexed I wish it was like that with us. Some people react so strongly when you use the same name. But at least we live in different countries and will do for at least three more years, if not forever.

At least this has happened early this time. Last pregnancy, family friends had a little girl a month before us and they used our original choice of name. Luckily we liked a few girls names so we just changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->