**April Bunnies 2015**

Good friends of ours just had a little boy yesterday and they've named him Logan :'(
They had settled on Thorne but apparently someone made the comment that people are going to tell him he's a little prick so they got put off. I've loved Logan forever and I really don't want to find a new name.

Oh no I will be gutted if someone took my names! Iv got DH friends wife and his cousin who is having twins both due same time as me!

Beanonorder, I'm so sorry your DH is being insensitive. Sometimes men just don't get it at all! And as far as the name, I agree, go with what you love!

Tara, I can't say my fatigue got worse, but it got better about 8ish weeks and has made a reappearance starting yesterday and I'm 10 weeks today. (YAY for double digits!!!) I laid around all day yesterday and only got out of the house because a friend needed my help with something so at 8pm I finally got dressed and left lol. Today seems a bit better but not drastically. I am going to force myself to do something because I don't want to waste my day off and I really really need new pants. None of mine are comfortable anymore, my bigger ones are still too big and my smaller ones just kill my stomach. I may go look at some bellabands...what do you girls think? Too early for those? I'm definitely not showing but am bloated and uncomfortable and can't do leggings (my fat legs look awful in them!)

As far as the NT scan, I really am still on the fence about it but we are getting it because we won't get to see baby until 20 weeks otherwise and I'd love to have that ultrasound where baby looks like a baby so we can announce soon.

Dini I have been wearing a Bella band daily. Just depends how you feel walking around with your pants unfastened, but I find it a lifesaver for this transitional period for sure!

Good friends of ours just had a little boy yesterday and they've named him Logan :'(
They had settled on Thorne but apparently someone made the comment that people are going to tell him he's a little prick so they got put off. I've loved Logan forever and I really don't want to find a new name.

Can I also just say that this is the exact reason I never share our name ideas w/ anyone IRL? That is so incredibly rude. People are just awful! With DD we were set on Isabella, but the few people we told had such awful reactions that it ruined the name for us. It's hard enough to name a child without people's negative input once you've finally picked one you like!

Beanonorder- I hope you are okay! That sounds painful. I second Tara's comment! It is frustrating when someone uses a name that you wanted. I have had that happen with a few friends. I had names in mind and then my friend had a baby and used it. I'm getting to the point where I am not caring anymore. I have been stuck on the name Grant for a boy for years. One of my friend's just adopted a baby and she named him Grant. And I said to myself I don't even care at this point. I'm still using that name.

TaraCathryn- Yes! My fatigue was almost unbearable at 10 weeks. I felt it was because the baby was getting bigger and needing more from my body. However, this time, it was 10+5 that my fatigue just vanished. So, there's the ray of hope :)

I'm actually at a point right now where so many of my symptoms are gone that I am glad I have the bump I have. The only symptoms I seem to still have are occasional sore boobs (but they are getting better), strong smell, and food cravings/aversions. I can't even feel the baby like I was. I think it might be because my uterus has moved up and there is more room now. Whereas, behind my pelvic bone, it was packed tight in there. But I don't feel pregnant right now and I look in the mirror to evaluate the bump. I am sure it wouldn't have moved up and out if the baby wasn't in there. Oh the things I worry about.

I love all the name choices! It's a shame when someone calls their baby the same name but I guess if it is really what you want then go for it!

I think I found the hb this morning OnDoppler finally, was getting the train track fast sound in the distance. I suspect I have an anterior placenta again as I was hearing that and under was the baby. Hopefully in next few days it will be clearer.

Hope You all having great weekend xxx

Congrats on the heartbeat Scottish!! How wonderful for you!!

Rebecca, I know it, the things we worry about is just crazy!!

Counting- what province are you in? I've been feeling for weeks that 18w ultrasounds are too long of a wait!

Nova Scotia! I've never experienced a low risk pregnancy, however I think it must be such a long wait to see baby, and just one scan seems odd to me. (Anatomy scan here is at 18-22 weeks, usually around 20). With my son I had about 16-18 ultrasounds during my pregnancy(But I can't remember exactly now and after a while you start to loose track), with this pregnancy I've had 4 so far. It is stressful, but I found it amazing seeing my son grow and change over time inside me, same with this baby.

I'm in western Newfoundland! Just a boat ride away.

Someone just asked me if I was expecting a baby. Maybe I'm showing more than I think.

Counting- what province are you in? I've been feeling for weeks that 18w ultrasounds are too long of a wait!

Nova Scotia! I've never experienced a low risk pregnancy, however I think it must be such a long wait to see baby, and just one scan seems odd to me. (Anatomy scan here is at 18-22 weeks, usually around 20). With my son I had about 16-18 ultrasounds during my pregnancy(But I can't remember exactly now and after a while you start to loose track), with this pregnancy I've had 4 so far. It is stressful, but I found it amazing seeing my son grow and change over time inside me, same with this baby.

I'm in western Newfoundland! Just a boat ride away.

Someone just asked me if I was expecting a baby. Maybe I'm showing more than I think.

i'm from nova scotia too~! but living in the second biggest city in newfoundland, fort mcmurray. ;)

Beanorder- maybe you'll have a girl and all this will be for nothing :)

Congrats Scottish! :) It will be neat to find out if you were right about the anterior placenta.

so awesome that you found hb Scottish! must be such a relief!

Drinking more water has led to throwing up more. The puking sessions have been more intense and I've been left feeling weak and with stomach pains for hours after. with dd I was feeling much better by 11 weeks...hope it's similar this time. but I have to say feeling sick has been a relief as I've been worried bc of the contractions. I also thought I felt something that could be movement last night but still too soon to tell.

hope everyone is having a good day.

Anyone else's nausea getting less now they're approaching 11-12 weeks? It peaked around 10-11 weeks, but seems to be getting better. After putting on around 10lbs because I've needed to eat almost constantly (at least every 2 hours) to not feel sick (I'm grateful I've not been sick)...but the last 2 days, I've not needed to eat as much and haven't felt sick as often.
I'm hoping it's normal and not a bad sign as I haven't had my 12 week scan yet!

yes last time I was better at 11 weeks/late 10 weeks. someone was saying earlier that sickness is at its worse at 10 weeks then starts getting better.

I want crackers!!

Mine was better at 10/11 weeks and now at 12 it's worse than ever. I started alternating gravol in between diclectin yesterday (pharmacist cleared it first) but mentally I don't know if I can throw up one more time without having a major flip out.

Sorry for the ms ladies xx

My ms has gone, but I have a feeling I'll get hit with ms at 11 weeks. :|
I have a prescription med called Pramin. I've had to take it for 3 days all up so far. (Not 3 days in a row)
It's an emergency med. I was against taking meds for ms, because of chances it affecting babys development, but having a toddler and a OH that drives trucks for a living and never home, I've had no choice.

Ladies :(

do aversions ever go away? smelling lunch made me queasy... ugh :(

In my ast pregnancy I had nausea bad until 16 weeks then it got slightly better but never went fully away until after birth. To be honest I don't fully believe that it's only 1st tri it lasts!

Perplexed I had adversions throughout my whole last pregnancy unfortunately :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->