**April Bunnies 2015**

Happy first day of autumn ladies! I keep thinking how lucky we are to not be heavily pregnant through the hot summer! Cool weather is fine by me!

Hi ladies how are you all doing? I am feeling excited because I am having my first scan in the morning eek! Finally think I am getting some energy back although I did have to have a Starbucks this morning after taking lo swimming especially as he decided that he didn't like his swimming lessons this morning 😣.

So sorry you are still feeling rough Northern that sucks.

Perplexed I still have aversions to a lot of smells. The lemon freshener in the dishwasher turns my stomach every time and just thinking about certain foods makes me want to hurl. I am still feeling sick on and off but I also did my blood pressure at work and it was quite low and this is where our blood pressure may start dropping which can contribute to the sicky feelings too.

Grey girl I am feeling less sick than a few weeks ago I think as you approach 12 weeks the early symptoms should hopefully start abating watch this space!

Congrats to everyone finding the heartbeat on the doppler it's not a route we have gone down yet but I can always ask the girls to whip out the doper at work if I want to 😉

Aww it sucks that you had aversions throughout your pregnancy Scottish!! I feel I'd be really worried if my aversion stay with me also. All I can eat is carbs, at least I used to eat toast but I can't handle that anymore. I eat bags of crisps, some types of bread, sometimes chocolate but I cannot stomach anything else!!

You are so right northern. Being in the late 20 weeks in the summer was terrible for me...was so itchy due to being hot all the time! lol!

Stripeycat it's so exciting that you're going to have your scan in the morning!! :) Good luck with that!

Sorry there's so much sickness still and I hope u all feel better soon :hugs:

Mine has basically gone and has been gone for 3 or 4 weeks already. At about 8/9 weeks I'd get really nauseous if I didn't eat. Now I feel slightly off when I'm hungry but nothing bad. I still have an aversion to a lot of foods but more in a 'I don't fancy that' way than it makes me feel sick.
My acne is still bad though! And my chubby belly is driving me mad. I just can't wait for everyone to know.

Beanonorder, I understand how your aversions are. Mine are similar but occasionally the smells make me queasy. Haven't been able to eat any proper food for quite a while now! Hope there's relief soon!

I'm already wavering on the yellow bump idea :haha: I want it to turn pink or blue as soon as possible!

Northern I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad, I was really hoping it was mostly over for you!

Stripeycat congrats on your scan tomorrow!! Yay!!

Most of my severe nausea went away around 8/9w, came back pretty strong the other day but it's now off and on. As for food aversions, I'm like you beanonorder, I just don't "want" certain things I used to like. The occasional smell does get to me though.

I'm thrilled to not be huge and pregnant in summer but this is supposed to be the worse winter ever and I'm a clutz so will have to be so very careful not to fall down in ice and snow. This past winter was terrible as well, even had snow in May and a late frost, killed lots of trees and many of my plants back to the ground. But I still think it'll be better than 9mo in August! Although this summer here in Ohio has been so mild I think we only had a week of 90 degree weather, most of the time it rained and was in the 70's.

I woke up this morning about 3 am with a horrid sore throat. Felt fine when I went to bed 4 hours earlier..it doesn't appear to be strep so that's good. I'm run down but not feverish, so I'll just keep an eye on it, if it gets worse I'll call the doctor tomorrow. Have a good day ladies!

Beanonorder, I understand how your aversions are. Mine are similar but occasionally the smells make me queasy. Haven't been able to eat any proper food for quite a while now! Hope there's relief soon!

I'm already wavering on the yellow bump idea :haha: I want it to turn pink or blue as soon as possible!

I'm also wavering! I know we will go through with it but I feel like I don't know how to prepare! I have no idea what to buy.

My nausea has been worse the last few days (right @ 10 weeks) but I still haven't been sick, so I will take it! I truly feel for you ladies getting so sick. It's just awful feeling that way!

I agree, thank goodness for a winter / spring pregnancy this go! Dini, I'm clumsy too and have fallen on ice many times, so I'll have to be careful. But the nice thing for us is that by the time we're too big to lace up our own boots, it will be getting into spring (so only 1 or 3 more blizzards here in CO! :haha:). And last time, omg, DD was born July 30 and the last two months were unbearable! I was so puffy and hot and my blood pressure was through the roof. So I'm happy! :thumbup:

Hello everyone! A lot goes on in the thread when you are asleep. ;)

I did not have any food aversions in my last pregnancy. I only had a few cravings. So, I don't know about it lasting the whole pregnancy. But I am going to assume it probably will because I am still having food aversions now.

My nausea has been very mild since week 10. It comes here and there. But it's about gone. I feel much more normal than I was.

Stripeycat- Just reading about your lemon freshener in your dishwasher made my stomach turn. I don't think I could handle that smell either. We had an air freshener that I had to move because I couldn't tolerate the smell. I would have gotten rid of it, but my husband swears we need an air freshener. So, it's by the trash can now. :) The only place I feel we'd really need an air freshener.

I am doing pretty good today. I got to sleep in. I thought that was fabulous! :) I met one of my favorite authors yesterday and got my novel signed. That was a great experience. My need for spicy food is not as strong as it was. And now I seem to be craving chocolate ice cream every night. I still don't seem to be feeling baby as strongly. I occasionally feel a very light flutter and that is it. Stripeycat, I am excited for your scan tomorrow! I hope it goes great.
I have a scan a week from tomorrow. And it feels like a long way away because there is a weekend in between. My last scan was on a Monday and the weekend just seemed to drag. For me, weekends move slower anyway. So, feels like someone hits the slow motion button and 2 days feel more like 4. I'm glad it's at least a Monday morning so that I don't have to wait around the whole day on Monday like I did last time. My mother is coming to visit me the first week of November. And now I have potentially planned my 3D ultrasound to be on November 8th. I thought it would be cool for her to be a part of seeing that this time. I will be 18 and 1/2 weeks instead of over 20 like I originally planned. But I think it would be even neater for her to be there, and she got very excited at the idea. I am waiting until my NT scan next Monday before I book the 3D one though.

Perplexed & Northern, find out the gender! Do it for me!!:rofl: Oh, sorry, my curiosity got the best of me there. I mean, stay strong! :haha:

We'll see! I was going find out first but now I feel like it will be good push motivation!

Tara, my aunt told me she will come to my appointment and demand she be told the gender hahaha

I think this additional gravol is starting to work! I managed to get till 3pm without getting nauseous. This might be the key!!

Baby has a ridiculously high heart rate! I was getting a 187 reading earlier.

Stay strong girls!! I wanted to stay yellow but will let DH have his moment when the time comes.

Northern glad the meds are helping!! I've caught my baby with a rate of 184 but it usually runs mid to high 170's.

Today I caught it with DH for the first time! He's only ever heard it on recordings. It was even strong enough for the rate to pick up at 176. Must've been showing off for daddy.

Tara when is your next scan??

I wanna stay yellow so bad! DH wants to find out though so I don't know which one of us will win. Maybe him since I basically call the shots with everything else for this pregnancy thing :haha:

It is so funny that you guys started talking about not having to be pregnant in the heat of summer. I had that exact same conversation with my DH this morning in the car. I'm so grateful!!

I really feel that you ladies who have your hearts set on a name should just go ahead and use it! If someone else doesn't like it or is using it, I don't think that should dissuade you. I mean, maybe if one of your siblings is naming their kid that, step back, but more distant relatives or even close friends would be fine I think. You never know how your paths may diverge in the future, and even if they don't, I don't think its such a bad thing. Being a "Sarah" I have always known other people with my name, and it's never bothered me. Just my two cents! :)

Good luck at your scan, Stripeycat. Hope you sickies get to feeling better soon. I'm still having passing mild nausea, primarily in the late afternoons and evenings. But nothing unbearable. Also, regarding fatigue, I do seem to have more energy in the last week. But if I stay busy all day, I am certainly beat by the end of the day.

Also, this is my first time to see my lime! Love it...it's like a substantial piece of produce these days! Ha! Also read in one of my books that this week baby will double in size. Wow!

Rebecca I think I will just have to get rid of the freshener cos lo keeps on grabbing it when I open the dishwasher so it is a good excuse to get rid of it. Like you say the dishwasher doesn't really smell so maybe putting it in the dustbin would be better! And wierd you saying it is Monday morning it is 8pm on Sunday night here!

Yay Sarah for seeing your lime it is awesome getting so close to week 12 now x

I want to stay yellow this time I keep on telling myself I don't need to know cos I won't be starting from scratch this time so if I need to buy a few girly bits when bubs is born so be it! Oh would love to find out but like my grandmother said "when you go through all the pain of labour at least you get a good surprise at the end!" so I am going to stick with it. I think it is almost harder when you already have a lo cos you want to know if you are going to have one of each or two the same!

I don't think I would have minded if I had given birth to a puppy/kitten/small alien at the point I was pushing both of my girls out! Hehe.

I did always immediately ask if they were 'still girls though'.

I think we will find out this time too. I will have regular scans so the temptation would be too much. At 20 weeks with my DD1 it was really obvious she was a girl too when they were checking around that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->