**April Bunnies 2015**

I got my bloods done on same day as NT measurement and will get results in couple of weeks of combined test. Strange how everywhere is different lol

Everything has been going well here, still nausea on and off, and since I,m nursing my son I have had a tiny bit of discomfort with that, but not unbearable. Other than that I've been feeling pretty good thankfully! Still paranoid enough to listen to baby's heartbeat once in the morning and once at night, but yesterday night I got an awesome surprise when listening. At first I couldn't find the heartbeat for 10 minutes which was pretty horrifying as I usually find it quickly. Finally I found it- baby was hiding squished up really, really low. At first the sound was very faded, then all of the sudden I felt this HUGE flip inside of me, and heartbeat got loud and clear! After that I felt some serious squirming, and the doppler confirmed baby was indeed moving in there! Haven't felt anything since, but I felt baby move last night for sure, at 13w3d! Not sure if it was because she/he was so squished up in an odd position at the bottom of my uterus or what, but it was AMAZING :cloud9: . Can't wait to feel movements and kicks all the time. With my son I started feeling the odd what I can only describe as "goldfish flipping around" sensation around 14-14.5ishw (Very irregular) , and I was feeling regular hard kicks just before 18w. I hope maybe I will feel this baby kicking a bit earlier even :)

Greygirl- I hope your scan went well today!

Counting- That's really cool! I know it is so reassuring to hear the baby after searching for the hb for a long time. Something similar happened to me where I felt baby swim across the middle of my abdomen and heard it on the doppler. It was cool. I have noticed that even now it is not always easy to hear baby. I listened yesterday morning. It was loud and clear. I wanted to listen again later because the first time my son was running and jumping around, so I wanted to listen when things were quiet. I got it out right before bed and I had to search and search to hear the HB. And even when I heard it, it was distant. I did hear some thumping sounds though. So my guess was that it's clear if baby's back is facing the front but when baby's arms and legs are facing the front, the HB can be harder to hear and baby is probably kicking at the doppler.

As for my experience with bloods. As you know, I did not get an NT scan. However, my midwife told me at my last appointment to be thinking about whether I want my blood work done at 16 weeks for genetic abnormalities. I haven't made up my mind about it yet. So, it's really different everywhere, though!

Northern- I neglected to say this yesterday, but your bump is looking great! So cute!

I hope everyone is having a great day! Can't wait to see more scans and bumps! It's so amazing how our pregnancies are coming along. :flower:

I agree Rebecca...while time has been passing slow, at the same time it kind of seems like just yesterday we were all just joining and discussing our first few weeks of pregnancy! It's crazy! And I feel like it's just going to go faster for a while, with the combination of the holidays coming up and the second trimester (which I've always heard goes faster than the other two.) I was talking to my husband yesterday, and we were saying how it's crazy that in about 6 months we are going to actually have a baby! Like think about how fast six months normally passes...crazy!

Anyone else having headaches? What have you done about them? I'm so reluctant to take yet another medication to kill it off.

Maybe I just need a nap. I am so glad Saturday is close and I can sleep in until at least 8am.

Anyone else having headaches? What have you done about them? I'm so reluctant to take yet another medication to kill it off.

Maybe I just need a nap. I am so glad Saturday is close and I can sleep in until at least 8am.

Staying extra hydrated will help. My wife takes extra strength Tylenol. Sometimes, if two doesn't cut it, she'll take a third after about 45-60 minutes.

Hey ladies wanted to give a quick update! Had a scan yesterday due to some cramping I was having and everything went great! We saw the lil bean moving around and the dr pointed out the arms, legs, heartbeat and everything! Here Is a pic!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 8

I used to get very bad stress related headaches before getting pregnant. Since my bfp I have only had one or two headaches so Im very lucky in that regard. What usually helps for me are the same 'boring' stuff - staying hydrated, sleep enough, get some exercise, try to relax and massage the muscles in my neck, upper back and face and finally if nothing else helps: put a pack of ice on my head! Ive stayed off all medication since becoming pregnant because Im paranoid like that.

Hope you feel better soon! No wonder you get headaches with all of the nausea and anxiety you have had, you poor thing!

I really wish I could eat. Nothing is appetizing and I just constantly feel like I'm going to be sick. I was able to stay off of zofran for a bit but now I can't even get water down without gagging. I feel like this is never going to end and I know I need to eat. Luckily I can get some fruit down... and pudding. So I ate a pudding pack and a banana for dinner. Joy =/

Haha aw Christina that sounds a littl sad :) hope you get your appetite back soon!

Omygod Sarah you're freaking me out!

Northern I've been getting migraines just about every week despite drinking what seems like endless amounts of water.... Only thing that helps my migraines is laying down in a quiet, dark room. Hope Tylenol can help you out.

I used to get very bad stress related headaches before getting pregnant. Since my bfp I have only had one or two headaches so Im very lucky in that regard. What usually helps for me are the same 'boring' stuff - staying hydrated, sleep enough, get some exercise, try to relax and massage the muscles in my neck, upper back and face and finally if nothing else helps: put a pack of ice on my head! Ive stayed off all medication since becoming pregnant because Im paranoid like that.

Hope you feel better soon! No wonder you get headaches with all of the nausea and anxiety you have had, you poor thing!

Thanks. I'm not usually a woe-is-me person but pregnancy kicks my ass!

Northern, I've been getting piercing headaches more & more often. Drinking tons of water usually helps some & then Tylenol if I have to.

Today... just ugh. I'm so ready for this week to be over! Come ooon, Wednesday! I'm really nervous but super excited for my scan. I feel like my life is on hold and I can't do anything until after that appt. :p

I just hope that I am getting enough to eat when I do that the baby will be okay. I know we saw the baby and the HB was good @ 167 and it was moving around but it did measure a week behind. Though from the US pictures, from the first to the second, it looks like it moved so I am not sure if they got an accurate measurement (my husband also was talking to the tech while she was trying to get a measurement)

Christina, are you underweight? Are you able to keep down your vitamins? Is your doctor concerned? I know it's awful to not be able to eat! But unless you're already underweight or have another problem, your body will do its best to feed your baby regardless of what you're eating. Remember you should be at the peak of your morning sickness right now, and your baby is still only about the size of a prune and needs very little by way of calories. I lost 10 lbs. during my 1st tri w/ DD & could barely eat anything, it sucks but it's common and usually totally fine. :hugs:

Counting & Rebecca: it's so exciting that you could feel & hear movement! It makes me wish I had a doppler! The closest experience I had was at the end of my previous pregnancy when I was placed on the monitor (ctg) at every appointment. The first time it was done my dd actually kicked one monitor off and I heard it/felt it. The nurse had me hold it in place.

Northern: I get migraines from time to time... I was told that I can only take 2 paracetamols every 6 hrs and if I have to take them a third time a day it's too much. Personally paracetamol does nothing for my migraine so if it's close to bedtime I'll just try to sleep on it if i can.

My nausea is still here but not constant anymore. I still can't eat like normal. I've taken to eating junk because eating other things makes me sick. Last night I had grilled calamari and it made me sick. Such a small serving! My mom got me a quiche for lunch and I ate half of it and felt sick, but a cheesecake? no effect, it even made me feel better. I don't like cheesecake normally, or my prepregnancy self didn't.

Hi ladies! Big thank you to everyone who wished me luck for my scan. I had it yesterday, but it was such a manic day I didn't have time to update.
First question I asked was is there a heartbeat...I've been having irrational thoughts that I had a mmc...(I still have irrational thoughts that my baby will be a cot death)...
Baby fine and measuring 12+5 so official EDD of April 11th!!!
Of course, here are the pics :D Nub/skull guesses welcome - we're staying team yellow so you'll have to wait to see if you're right ;)

https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/InsomniaticDND/4f8af283-99df-4556-942f-352fc137ae51_zps9a67fba4.jpg
https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/InsomniaticDND/9ef5e1fd-57e3-446c-8a37-c0b4d9ab57f0_zpsd2f00ada.jpg
https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/InsomniaticDND/ebc0aaa7-64b3-479e-9dbe-4506e1f45b7c_zps07918558.jpg

Grey girl congrats on your scan! That skull and nub both point to girl for me !! :D

Christina, are you underweight? Are you able to keep down your vitamins? Is your doctor concerned? I know it's awful to not be able to eat! But unless you're already underweight or have another problem, your body will do its best to feed your baby regardless of what you're eating. Remember you should be at the peak of your morning sickness right now, and your baby is still only about the size of a prune and needs very little by way of calories. I lost 10 lbs. during my 1st tri w/ DD & could barely eat anything, it sucks but it's common and usually totally fine. :hugs:

Doctor isn't concerned. I'm just a worrier by nature and it's my first. For sure am not underweight. I started this pregnancy at 215lbs and am now at 202. So I lost 13lbs so far. There were three days where I threw up my prenatals but other than that I've done pretty good at keeping them down. I got told by a friend last night to take a deep breath and everything will be okay. It does suck not being able to eat.

Christina, I understand for sure, but keep breathing. You are almost out of the woods for ms and your baby is totally fine. :)

Grey, beautiful scan! I am full of irrational fears too, at least we know we're not alone! :hugs:

Perplexed, I have been eating a lot of junk too. Your comment that cheesecake made you feel better made me laugh. I totally know what you mean! :haha: Pregnancy is so weird. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->