**April Bunnies 2015**

The pie came out great! I just had a piece with a scoop of pumpkin ice cream. I had brushed the crust with butter before I even saw your post about it. It was nice to see that that was a good idea. The crust was so good. The only change I would ever make is to peel the apples. I mean, the peel wasn't terrible because it was a very thin peel. But I felt like it was just an extra texture that the pie didn't need. But otherwise yum!

Oh and I want to add that I am thankful for my heightened sense of smell when the aroma of a baking apple pie is filling my house!

Sorry Im another facts person so I just have to add this regarding the doppler issue. The issue with high frequency sound waves is not that they damage dna directly but that it heats the tissue which possibly could cause damage. With so many babies being exposed to "very low doses" of ultrasounds its very difficult to say they are 100.000% risk free, which is why most radiation safety authorities world wide recommend only using them on a medical indication where any possible tiny risk is much much smaller than the benefit of the ultrasound. The doppler heartbeat monitor has a lower heating effect than a imaging ultrasound and I think that if the FDA or similar authorities saw risks with them they would be banned.

Mmmm Rebecca, apple pie sounds sooo good. I have to make one when I get home!

Rebecca that sounds good! I make a Granny Smith apple pie and will be making it for Thanksgiving next weekend. It is super good with vanilla icecream!

Tove I've heard the same thing as you've said with regards to US. That is why I'm wary if having too many unnecessarily. But I agree with the others that there isn't some huge risk of altering dna and whatnot.

I plan to announce on Facebook. I was hoping to do it last week at 13 weeks but dh didn't help me do the photo. Now he's being a first class stinker and telling me I must just go online and update my status to 'number 2 is on the way'. That is awful! So when we get back on Tuesday I hope to get it done.

I do suffer from a bit of backache but I think that's from sleeping on stupid hard beds.

I'm still so constipated it's driving me mad. And I a lot of it is my fault because I don't drink enough water. I try so hard...

Rebecca you shouldn't have! Now that's all I want!!!

Kalabear as for fb announcements, I'd just do it if you want to. For people struggling with infertility, I'm sure it can be hard, but in that case they can just scroll past it or hide you from their news feed. People post much worse and more annoying things on facebook, don't be afraid to share your wonderful news! :)

Rebecca, this probably goes to show how high-strung I am right now, but I was on tenterhooks waiting to hear about your pie! :haha: I'm so glad it came out well. I'm rubbish at baking so I'm very happy for you! :thumbup:

Edison: Thank you for your post on ultrasounds. I agree that the thread is probably scaring a lot of nervous people. And that it's so easy to blame things when they are coincidences. People used to tiptoe around the topic that my horse riding is what caused me to have a sch in my previous pregnancy. Now they'll think I've been having contractions because of using the treadmill/exercising. Which is why I don't tell people anything.

Beanonorder: I tend to hate water during pregnancy also...

Glad your pie went well Rebecca. I haven't baked in ages. My OH bought me a beautiful duck egg blue kenwood food mixer for our anniversary and I haven't even used it yet. I'm going to try and do some baking for Christmas. Last year I made my own Christmas cake.

I also struggle to drink water at the moment. It took me years to learn to like it and I can't stomach it at the moment.

Button I am so jealous of your kenwood mixer! I've been trying to convince dh to buy me one forever. My parents gave us a kenwood food processor for a wedding present so I finally brought that back to China with me. I haven't had a chance to use it yet though!

Mmmmm I want some warm apple pie with ice cream now as well :haha: or maybe Apple crumble mmmmm

Mmm Apple crumble! I made a lovely Apple and blackberry one a while ago. Mincemeat and Apple crumble is also nice if you buy a jar of mincemeat and don't get around to making mince pies.

DH was sick lately and now dd and I seem to have caught it :( the start of a cold. I already had a serious cold earlier this pregnancy :(

Oh no perplexed, that's rotten luck. Hope you and LO shake it off quickly.

I love apple crumble and rhubarb crumble...yum yum!!!

Mmm...you guys so tempting with the baking talk! You started something, Rebecca! I made some ginger cookies yesterday. Had never made them before, but they turned out delish. I am using them in some Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits for a dinner party tonight (I'm a personal chef). I think they will be delicious all put together!

So I kind of chuckled when you said you are "rubbish" at baking Tara. Unless you're originally from the UK and now living in CO, I think you're picking up on the speech habits of UK friends!! Hahaha! I find myself picking up words and phrases from them too!! :D I type something, and then think, "Uh..since when do I say that? Eh, I'll just go with it!" Ha!

Oh my!!! Just saw that I'm a peach today! Woohooo...love it when a new week sneaks up unexpectedly! :D

Yay for being a peach Sarah. I didn't know rubbish was a particularly UK thing!

I was finally able to eat a normal dinner last night! I'm hoping the end of the MS is finally in sight. Only felt sick for a little bit after I laid down right after eating. Oops. All this talk about Apple pie and ice cream sounds so good. I may have to buy one. Usually I make it homemade but I don't want to risk it lol. Mm mm sounds so good right now considering it's not even 30 out yet and our high is only supposed to get to 50!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->