**April Bunnies 2015**

Sarah you're right, I have noticed myself picking up various words & phrases from the UK/ non-US ladies here, and also from all the posts I read researching our trip there (and on the trip itself!). I have always tended to unconsciously mimic those around me, I didn't even realize that a year ago I probably wouldn't have written that! I think it sounds nice, anyway. That's one of the things we loved while visiting (and I now use the phrase "on holiday" too), all the different phrases and idioms there seemed, for lack of a better word, classier than how we speak. :p :shrug:

Ah! I'm 12 weeks today! Finally! :) We have this 5k tomorrow and based on how I've been feeling the last few weeks, it's not going to be the most pleasant experience! But I get to spend quality time with DH, so I'm happy! :thumbup: I think he's going to let his work friends know tomorrow so they know why we're walking the whole thing. :p

Christina, glad you could eat something. :)

Beanonorder, I hope your DH cooperates with the pic. "Number two is on the way" with no context sounds like something I would say to DD when she was potty training! :haha: Okay I'm kidding but so much less fun. :)

For Facebook (DH will post about it so I will too) I'm thinking of taking a pic of my DD with the us pic and a sign that says "It's about time!" since everyone has been asking for 6.5 years when we were going to have another. :) Now if only I could think of a really cute way to tell DD! :shrug:

Sarah- Yes, talk of food is contagious here. :) Ha! Now I am wanting to make an apple crumble. That sounds fantastic! Congrats on being a peach! It's fun to start feeling like you are a substantial fruit.

Tara- I pick up words/phrases as well. It's too hard not to. They say some things so much better than we do! One of my very good friends is from England. I met her while she was here studying abroad in college. I started talking like her all the time while she was here.

Perplexed- I'm sorry to hear you're sick. It's so much tougher when you are pregnant and sick. I hope you can get plenty of rest and fluids and start feeling better soon! (And your daughter as well)

Christina- It's great you were able to eat! Hope your sickness continues to decline.

I am taking my son to see Jake and the Neverland Pirates live on stage today. I have no idea why I ever thought this was a good idea. The tickets were so expensive that we could only afford to buy one for him and me. So, we are going by ourselves. And I just imagine a mad house full of screaming children. I keep telling myself that if my son doesn't like it, I will have no problem leaving early. ;)

For anyone who is 14/heading into 15 weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 7
I feel so poorly tonight - my nausea is still constant but I maybe have a smidge more energy.

It just isn't easing up at all and I am so exhausted.

Northern - aw so cute!

Amelie - sorry you feel rough.

Cool model Rebecca! It's looking more and more human now, but still a little alien like with that big head :)

Aww Northern that's lovely thanks for sharing.

Amelie sorry you still have nausea but hopefully it's at the peak as 10 weeks seems to be the big peak of constant nausea. Fingers crossed it passes the next week or so. I know the feeling it's like a massive constant hangover :flower:

It's funny you guys are talking about the different words used in USA v UK. In my august thread last year a girl got her hair cut and said "I love my new bangs" and it made me lol so much I was like whaaaaaaat?!?!? Did u get a haircut or something else enhanced?!?!? Because here in UK bangs means boobs and I didn't know you guys in USA call a fringe bangs! Lol was funny at the time

That is hilarious! I think it's odd that some girls on my Facebook call supper/dinner tea sometimes.

Thank you - I think I am at least 11 weeks today (ticker is mad) Hopefully this week will signal some improvement, scan on Wednesday - that is something to focus on.

In the UK some people say 'dinner' for lunch. Other people say 'tea' for their evening meal. I guess it could be confusing!

I thought tea was the afternoon snack type like when you get back from work and you have crackers and tea! Haha

Afternoon tea would be a cup of tea and cakes and scones but most people don't have it daily. It's more the sort of thing you might go out for for a treat or if I have guests round in the afternoon who aren't staying for a meal I might serve this.

Two of my Facebook friends definitely refer to it as their evening meal. They've posted pics of their "tea". Either that or they have one huge tea time.

I do say tea as my evening meal. I just meant if it were tea and cakes mid afternoon I would define it as afternoon tea rather than tea and it would be a rare treat thing.

Hahaha at the bangs and boobs conversation! Yes I love languages, and it's so fun to see all the differences and variations within this one language.

Amelie, I would second what Scottish said. I hardly had any nausea or MS at all this pregnancy, but around 10-11 weeks I started getting really nauseous around 4pm and staying that way throughout the evening. It surprised me because it seems like most of the info sites and apps say, "Your morning sickness may start easing up soon." So why is mine getting worse?!! But I think it was totally the HCG peaking and you will probably be feeling better in no time!

So I catered a dinner party last night and worked all day getting ready for it. Didn't get home until 10pm...seriously the most I've done in so long. I was and still am exhausted but it went great. And a bonus to wearing myself out...I slept from about 11:30pm to 6am without waking up!! Woohoo!! It's been every single night lately...around 2am I'll be up tossing and turning for several hours.

Anyone have tips to help this at all? I don't feel like much can be done. The only thing that has helped me a few times is I've gotten up and drank a glass of milk if my stomach's feeling empty, and that seems to help.

I had the most unpleasant experience yesterday. We were on a pretty crowded bus and I was standing. I didn't think we had to go too far so I told dh to go sit with dd. I suffer from car sickness so when I started feeling nauseous I didn't think too much of it and just tried to stand by the open window. Then all of a sudden everything just started going black. I tried to grab hold of something but I couldn't see properly so misjudged it. I also couldn't hear properly, like my ears were extremely blocked. I asked my sister in law to watch the stroller and I eventually made it over to dh and say down. I was then hit with such intense nausea I have no idea how I didn't throw up. I felt bad for quite a bit afterwards.

My brother in law asked me to make a dessert yesterday so I made cremora tart (South African dessert similar to cheesecake). It came out really well. I have a major sweet tooth so had some for breakfast this morning. What a mistake! It did not agree with me so early in the morning!

I'm wondering if I have an anterior placenta. The baby's heart rate has become pretty muffled. The Doppler picks it up and it's still strong but sounds muffled. I'm also not really feeling much in the way of movement. If I feel anything it kind of feels like little vibrations closer to my spine. Thoughts?

It might be northern. Not had one myself but I'm sure I've read similar accounts from people who have.

Beanonorder - poor you. I ha some bad experiences on the tube when I was pregnant with DS. I'm not very good on buses either.

Sarah- I wish I had tips to sleep better. Unfortunately, I am going through the same thing. I start tossing and turning and I just can't sleep. Then I end up taking a nap later on on most days. I don't like it.

Northern- I think that is very possible that you could have an anterior placenta. It sounds like my last pregnancy.

Beanonorder- I am sorry you ended up feeling so sick. Glad you didn't throw up! That is no fun at all.

After the conversation about the use of the word "tea," I'd like to add another one. One of my British friends will use the word "garden" to refer to my "yard." I'm so used to a garden being a patch of land used to grow just flowers or vegetables. So she used to tell me at my old house that I had a big garden. And I just laughed every time because I just visualize my entire yard being covered in vegetables and flowers and I'd think, "I don't even have a garden at all."

We ended up having fun at the pirate and princess show. No screaming kids. My son sat quiet and captivated for an hour and a half! This baby is starting to feel like I have a goldfish swimming around in there; it is such a bizarre feeling. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->