**April Bunnies 2015**

People should really think before they open their mouths when it comes to pregnancy comments.

The thing I have found most shocking with this pregnancy as a huge percentage of people have asked outright if the baby was planned and if we are happy about it?!

I think that is so rude, it is basically asking openly about whether we had a contraceptive slip up!

I don't know if this is because it is baby #3 - but my kids won't be THAT close in age and me and my husband have been together for 12 years, married for 5.5 and I will be 29 when baby will arrive.

People are just super rude.

I had my first pregnant explosion of rage today. Too bad it was directed at a coworker. We all laughed after because I'm usually pretty mild and clearly it was the hormones.

Welcome babyd! :D

Amelie I don't think it's cause it's your third, a bunch of people have asked me, too! It is a weird question, huh!
I think it's because of the "shock factor" that everything has to have these days, for example in the media. People are always waiting for the scandal or the crazy story.

So after all my bloat went down I'm down to no bump whatsoever! Sometimes at night I can see a little bit but it's really just a pudge from eating haha.
Crazy how different we all are girls!

Oh and if you want a fb group I can make one, does everyone wanna do one?

Attachments

• IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 6
It looks like you have a long torso Maggz, that helps conceal babies! I have such a short torso I think it is why I show so early. I will take a bump picture soon.

I tell everyone the baby was planned (it actually wasn't but he or she is very much wanted, I am so glad things worked out like it did :flower:)

I've never thought of it that way Amelie, that makes sense I guess. Also when I listen to baby it's still way down almost by my pubic bone, a few inches below my bellybutton. So I don't think my uterus is coming up very high yet. Ahh I'll just wait lol...

Yeah I don't know if there's really any other way to answer this, unless you wanna start telling your life story to all the people that ask hahaha. It was planned for us so I'm pretty quick to shut it down :haha:

I have gotten that as well... People asking if the baby was planned. I just ignore it.

So there is a fifth disease outbreak here. We had to shut my work today to get everything sanitized and I came home from work to a note from DD's school saying 5 kids in her class have it. Highly contagious and dangerous to contract while pregnant. So not impressed right now.

Can you get a blood test to see if you are immune Northern? That is what they do here - 5th disease is 'slap cheek' isn't it?

I worry a lot about it with having 2 preschool age kids. My Mum thinks I had it as a child though...

I have to see my doctor on Friday AM so I guess I'll ask him. Yes, it is Slap Cheek! I have the worst pregnancy luck! Last time I was pregnant we had H1N1 to deal with.

Northern I was exposed to slapped cheek when pregnant with my dd. I was 9 weeks along. I had to get a blood test to see if I was immune to it. I was in the clear.

Lovely bumps everyone! I'm fifteen weeks today so I'll try and post one! Maggz I understand how you feel about wanting to show. Last pregnancy I took forever. At 20 weeks I was at the slightly pudgy stage.
I had my interview at work yesterday. I had to do a 15 minute presentation and then Q&A. The first thing the HR manager said to me was 'I noticed when you walked on that you're pregnant. Congratulations. How do you think this is going to affect your ability to do the job, especially as you have to go off to have the baby?' First off I wanted to shout liar because I know she was told I was pregnant before I went in. She just wanted to make sure everyone else knew. I then when on to explain how being pregnant doesn't affect my ability to work (in a polite way!)

Northern sorry about 5th disease going around! Being a teacher in worry about what's currently going round. Thankfully high school kids are not as prone to things as the little ones.

I'm so excited my friend and her son are finally back in China. Due to our different trips back to our home countries we haven't seen each other for four months! On Saturday we're all going to this family day out thing with performances and markets and things. I can't wait!

Hello ladies hope u don't mind me joining this thread. I completely missed first tri and my 2nd miracle baby is due 14th April 2015....exactly 17 months after my first!!!

I had my interview at work yesterday. I had to do a 15 minute presentation and then Q&A. The first thing the HR manager said to me was 'I noticed when you walked on that you're pregnant. Congratulations. How do you think this is going to affect your ability to do the job, especially as you have to go off to have the baby?' First off I wanted to shout liar because I know she was told I was pregnant before I went in. She just wanted to make sure everyone else knew. I then when on to explain how being pregnant doesn't affect my ability to work (in a politecway)

Thats crazy. I thought they werent allowed to say anything. I know in the states they cant not hire you based on pregnancy but it is definitely hard to hide when youre showing(let alone prove! But this person pointed it right out)

Welcome babycakes!! Are you planning on staying team yellow until the birth??

People should really think before they open their mouths when it comes to pregnancy comments.

The thing I have found most shocking with this pregnancy as a huge percentage of people have asked outright if the baby was planned and if we are happy about it?!

I think that is so rude, it is basically asking openly about whether we had a contraceptive slip up!

I don't know if this is because it is baby #3 - but my kids won't be THAT close in age and me and my husband have been together for 12 years, married for 5.5 and I will be 29 when baby will arrive.

Ugh I get this All. The. Time! Or the "were you trying?!" I've gotten "you guys must have been trying really hard." As I'm also currently breastfeeding and they knew that it can sometimes make it more difficult to get pregnant. I find it rude. I think I go over the top saying positive comments to pregnant women now haha! Usually "congratulations!" "How exciting!" And "you look amazing!" Hahaha!

Beanonorder, it's really shocking that they can come right out and say that to you. Unbelievable. I hope those making the decision are able to see your value as an employee and not just the fact that you're pregnant!

Got my blood results back. Downs risk is 1 in 3,912 and Trisomy is 1 in >10,000. Everything else looks normal except my PAPP-A hormone is low. Doctor told me to start taking a baby aspirin daily and that they would give me an extra ultrasound at 28 weeks to make sure baby is growing okay. She mumbled about the risks and repeated that it's usually totally fine. :-/

Beanonorder, sorry about what she said in your interview but sounds like you handled it well!!

Tara I'm so glad your results came back good. I take a baby aspirin a day. I have since we were TTC. I don't know yet if I will keep taking it or stop.

So today DH's cousin texted me to say congrats. Guess it's making its way around now! His grandma told her. She was so glad to be able to talk about it lol.

I have a big review class tomorrow and Friday for a certification I am going to take for work for critical care nurses and I'm totally nervous. The speaker is this famous woman and I'm so glad to get the opportunity to hear her but so afraid it's all going to be over my head! Hope my bladder is nice to me and doesn't make me get up a lot!

It was pretty shocking that they brought it up but being China I expected it. They also brought up the whole 'you're going to have two kids, how will you be a mom and work' I just politely said I realise that here it's usually the mom who takes on the childcare role but that I'm blessed with a husband who stays at home and fully supports me.
Unfortunately I already know I won't get the job. Sadly the main reason is because of my pregnancy. I went ahead with the interview because none of the current management are familiar with my experience or qualifications. So now I've at least brought it to their attention. Maybe something else will come up in the future.

Tara: your announcement picture is beautiful! sorry that you have to take baby aspirin, hopefully everything will be fine!

summer: welcome

Scottish: happy to hear about your nt results =)

Rebecca: you look gorgeous that's a really beautiful bump!

stripeycat: people's comments are so odd sometimes! I recognize that often they just want to say something to acknowledge the pregnancy...but it comes out so odd!

maggz: your boss is being really awkward!! are you planning to talk to her about it? I also agree that your long torso is probably concealing your bump well, and for some reason some don't show early with their first. on the bright side you won't need maternity clothes till later which is a big plus imo!

babyd: welcome

Amelie: wow that's such a personal thing I can't believe people actually come out and ask if the baby was planned!!

northern: sorry about the break out =( I hope everything is okay

Beanonorder: I think if it were me in the interview id have been too shocked to answer properly! you seem to have handled it really well. there's no chance of getting a job here during pregnancy...so I plan to work sometime after. I hope you get the job!

baby cakes: welcome, I love your screen name it's cute

Dini: I hope your bladder is nice to you too!!

unfortunately if there's a Facebook group I wouldn't be able to join as I'm not on fb...

Beanonorder, that's so sad. I hope you're wrong about not getting the job (if you really want it), but if not I hope another opportunity comes along after your mat leave once you've had a chance to prove what you've told them.

Dini have you asked your doc about the aspirin? I'm reading that it reduces the risk of pre-eclampsia (at least if you have a high risk).

Once again I wish I'd gotten this blood test done w/ DD; the doc said it's likely what precipitated my hypertension then so I would be curious to look at my #s. It does concern me that it increases my risk for PE since I had protein in my urine at 39.5 weeks last time & prior PE is a risk factor. Hopefully between the aspirin and other things (exercise, yoga, rest!) I just won't get high blood pressure at all this time. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->