**April Bunnies 2015**

I'd like to know if I was immune to slap cheek - a friend was exposed at 13 weeks and it did cause issues for her baby, but he is absolutely fine now. He had an in utero blood transfusion from his Mum (luckily same blood type) and then he recovered fully.

I do think most people have had it by adulthood.

I know with PAPP-A here they put you on baby asperin and scan every 4 weeks to make sure there is no resistance to the flow through the placenta. The main risk is a small baby. The couple of friends I know who had it had good sized babies and good care - they were allowed to go overdue and have natural deliveries etc.

I am so tired and looking out the window at a frosty car that needs to be scraped. There is literally no tired like pregnancy tired.

Hi all- welcome to the new ladies!

What is the worry about sleeping on your back? I've never been able to sleep on my back, so I guess it's a non-issue really, but since everything else seems to change, I guess it's good to know.

To all the ladies out there with bleeding scares, SCH issues- it's scary, but week by week we're doing it :hugs: Hope that all is okay with you ladies. I had another ultrasound yesterday and it was the first time the tech said "Wow, the bleed looks smaller today!". It's getting harder to measure because it is changing shape, but it is at least 20% smaller in one week! Brought tears to my eyes.

Bubs is growing at the good rate. I'm at 15 weeks- 10 weeks exactly from my first bleed. I never thought I'd make it to here. Not out of the woods yet, but I think I see the clearing. Plus, the tech told me that she used my story to reassure someone who is in the early stages. I feel getting over this would be a graduation of sorts and if and when it is all sorted I hope I'll be able to relax and enjoy the pregnancy.

Amelie, thank you for that. It's so nice hearing great outcomes like that.

Northern, I hear you! The fatigue can just be insane. I hope some frost fairies come scrape off your car for you! ;)

Xanzaba, that's so great that your sch is shrinking! I'm so happy for you! :) The issue with lying flat on your back is that the weight of your uterus presses on the main artery behind it and restricts blood + oxygen flow to your vital organs (the placenta included). I get the impression that you'd have to make a habit of it for it to be a problem, but it's just another of those better-safe-than-sorry things I think!

Love the bumps everyone! Sorry I've been MIA I'm working my new job and I'm on 12 hour shifts so I haven't been around much. I do peek in once a day though! As for the ladies frustrated about being asked if it's planned, on the bright side, at least they don't assume you cheated. I've had to explain that WE tried for a baby because what are peoples first thoughts when I tell them my wife is pregnant? Oh she must have cheated on me with a dude. People are definitely rude, but I think it's more ignorance than anything. People don't realize they're overstepping a personal boundary. I hope everyone is having a great week! We find out the gender this Saturday so I'll be sure to update :happydance:

Dini- Good luck in your class! I hope all goes well.

Xanzaba- Glad to hear your SCH is shrinking and your experience is being used as a success story.

Eidson- 12 hour days are rough! I hope you can get some relief on that soon. I can't wait to hear what you guys are having. I had been wondering when your ultrasound is. I am getting so impatient waiting until November to find out. I want to start calling my baby by a name instead of just baby.

Last night, I got my doppler out to listen to baby since I had turned a new week. I have a question for any doppler experts out there. :) Well, first, this time, I heard the heartbeat in 3 places. Doubt I'm having triplets. I just think baby is big enough that I can hear his/her heartbeat in numerous places. It makes sense since I can hear my own heartbeat from my stomach. But anyway, here's my question. I heard another sound that sounded like an artery. I know the sound because when I go low and to the side (like closer to my hip bone), I can pick up an artery sound. Is that possibly the umbilical cord I am hearing? It's cool to hear more things as the pregnancy progresses.

xanzaba: my old ob told me not to lay on my back...I've read that it restricts blood flow to the baby but that's probably in later months and I'm not 100% sure where I read that. I still lay on my back when I needed to bc it's the only thing that relieved my rib pains in late 2nd tri/early 3rd. But personally I couldn't do it for long bc I couldn't breath. Happy to hear your good news, hope your sch will be completely gone by your next scan.

So so tired. Dd's been waking up during the night and staying awake. I'm too tired to do much about it so we bed share. Scares me so much but she sleeps so fast when she's between DH and I. I should just put her in her cot bed when she falls asleep...but SO tired! Already tired now!

I have some (sort of) exciting news. My husband and I went out to lunch today, and we drove past the 3D ultrasound place where I am having my ultrasound on November 8th. They had a sign out front advertising a special on a 2D gender check ultrasound. They are now charging half the regular price. It's incredibly cheap. My husband thought it would be cool if we did it. So, I called today to see about scheduling one just to see if I can find out what I'm having. They won't charge me if they can't determine the gender. And I will just go back for my 3D one on November 8th to find out. So, my appointment is tomorrow afternoon. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but there's a small chance I will actually find out what I'm having tomorrow.

Feel like I can't relax, worrying so much about the baby. Had to go to emerg day before yesterday because I blacked out and had chest tightness. I think it was low blood pressure\blood sugar, but the doctor decided it was acid reflux... for some unknown reason since I had no chest pain and blacking out is not a symptom. None the less, he listened for, and couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. He then decided because 'I already know my pregnancy has high risk factors so something might have gone wrong' (High risk for NTD defects, family history of DS, and I have an active SCH) that he wouldn't do an ultrasound and told me to come back in a week and see if they can find a heartbeat then, if not they will make a plan... WTF. I am so tired of doctors, and lack of answers and feeling like nobody is concerned about the welfare of my baby but me. I've found the heartbeat since, but at the same time I feel paranoid. I'm not a doctor. What if I think I am hearing the heartbeat and it is really something else? I just want some flipping answers.

Yay Rebecca so exciting!!!!!!!

Counting that's shocking hun how can they make you wait a week not knowing what's happening!

Perplexed I know that tired feeling my ds is a rubbish sleeper as well :(

Wow Rebecca I am so excited for you I really hope they can tell you the gender tomorrow good luck!

Counting I am so sorry that doctor has frightened you like that. He really should have organised a scan there and then for you. Is there a maternity unit you can contact if your worried?

Ooh Rebecca that's exciting! :happydance:

Wow how incredibly unprofessional of the doctor you had counting. You should go in again and demand to see someone else! Can you talk to your own ob??

I tried to make a FB group but make it a closed group that you had to request access to, but it wouldn't let me because I don't have anyone on my Facebook to add to the group to get started.

Rebecca that is fun news!! Fingers crossed for you!

Counting, that is awful he wouldn't do an ultrasound. Some er docs are real jerks.

Beanonorder I hope you get that job. It's crazy how different some cultures are.

My class went well. Have the remainder tomorrow and it won't be as long. She's incredibly funny and makes it really easy to I understand some of the most complicated pathophysiology.

Bought a pair of maternity jeans today. Gonna give them a try tomorrow!

Counting- That sounds like an incompetent doctor to me. That story is crazy. Any doctor with any sense would have ordered an ultrasound to check on the baby...even in a pregnancy that is not high risk. Where I go, it is protocol to do an ultrasound if the HB cannot be picked up on the doppler. I am glad you were able to find the HB yourself. I hope you can find a better doctor (if possible).

Thanks all. I am excited about tomorrow for the sole fact that I will see my baby again. :) I have actually gotten so excited about that part that finding out gender is not even as big of a deal. Of course, I'd like to know. But I'm kind of not expecting it. It's a 2D scan, and it isn't a very long one either (which is why it is a discounted rate). I'm sure the promo is to try to get you to pay for a 4D one to really know. And since I'm getting one of those anyway in November, it's not a big deal. But we'll see!

Northern- Can you create an open group and then change the privacy settings later or is it just doing the same thing either way?

Can't wait to see your pics Rebecca!

I am in fb but don't use it much. I may get on the private group but don't be upset if I'm not on a lot.

I keep thinking I may use it more once I announce on fb but who knows!

I'll check in the morning!

I have a question. I am so confused over this movement thing. I've been feeling some swishes and stuff but the majority of time I'm feeling vibrations. Feels like a scattered heart beat or like a phone vibrating. Is this baby or is it some sort of muscle twitch or something? With DD I had more bubbly movement. If it's baby, this one is going to be active because I feel it quite a lot!

Yeah I requested to join northern :) Right now it looks like a closed group so we can maybe change it to secret when we have it established and then the ones that want to be added can send you their emails :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->