**April Bunnies 2015**

Had a horrible migraine yesterday that I couldn't kick but so far today I'm good. I've still been able to eat. Though anything with sauce (pizza, pasta) seems to give me heartburn and I tend to throw up or feel like I'm going to later on. Oh well.

My next doctor appt is Oct 28th. I'm excited. I'll be 14 weeks then. But we aren't having another scan until 20 weeks. So I have to wait until December. Soooo difficult to wait.

It's just been so long since the last one and I like to know everything is okay.

Going to make some pancakes and egg white omlets with red and green pepper and Monterey jack cheese for breakfast. Yummy. =]

Northern, it kind of sounds like it but I could have sworn at least one other person on here did too. I did with my dd.

Went out to dinner with another couple last night. I really missed being able to have cocktails! :p But something really funny happened: At the end of dinner this drunk girl, a cute blonde maybe 23-24 years old, came up to our table and started trying to get my husband to dance with her. This wasn't a dancing place, she was just dancing in the middle of the bar area. She went so far as to start physically pulling on his arm! My DH doesn't dance, ever, and didn't like the attention of her or the people around us, so he was politely trying to tell her no thank you. I put my hand on his chest, gave her my most territorial stare, and said, "I'd like to keep him here, thanks." She finally left then. It was kind of insulting and annoying, but at the same time, I was like, that's right! My man's still got it! :haha: Plus, the fact that he showed no interest at all in this cute girl ten+ years younger than him was pretty satisfying. :)

Xanzaba: I'm sorry about your sister issues! Mine actually aren't that bad...she's getting married next week and been nonchalant about everything, brushing ideas and plans aside and now that it's soon she's finally getting into gear and getting stressed and a little bit bridezilla. No energy at all! I can't keep up!

I'm also worried about my lil bean. Haven't felt any movements and I feel I don't have proof that everything is ok...but I also don't have proof that anything went wrong so I should stay positive.

Still battling migraines. Constant but varying in intensity. I can handle some of them just fine.

All you ladies with sister problems we have the same problem in our family too but is with my aunty. When mum has me she made a scene and made it all about herand every child her sisters had thereafter (she had three of her own and after my wedding she went a bit "nuts" as it walking around the main road in her nighty etc (she has never been diagnosed with mental issues ever). She announced on fb before we got to with ds with "I am going to be a great-aunty" and it was pretty obvious to everyone knows us that it meant I was pregnant! So I sympathise completely.

Had a good day today - swimming this morning with ds then Dh went to work. I then made a roasted butternut squash soup which I am going to demolish this eve in front on a chick flick before work tomorrow. I love the Autumn as I don't feel quilty about being in the house all day 😜. Plus I have been feeling the baby pretty much every day which is fab x

We're finding out on the 1st November whether it's pink or blue. Cannot wait :D x

I've been doing exceptionally well with eating good since I haven't been sick. I just had a huge diet fail. Ate half a Kitkat bar, half a bag of tostitos with half a jar of salsa and I feel like I'm so hungry I could eat my arm off right now. Baby is growing!

Wow so much going on this weekend!

Congrats on the boy Eidson :happydance:

xanzaba and perplexed sorry your sisters are being difficult, hope it eases up soon :hugs:

northern do you mean the NT scan or bloodwork or something for the chromosomal thing? I had both done... didn't really think about it too much since it was all covered by insurance.

Nothing new happening here, DH and I were talking about babyshowers yesterday, since we're doing our own we thought maybe we'd do it as a baby themed Super Bowl party :) I think it might be fun!

Tara- that's so funny. Drunk people can be so entertaining, but I hope DH was more flattered than embarrassed.

Stripeycat- sorry about your aunt. My mom can be like that too. When we told my parents my mom wanted to tell everyone, including people I've never met, but with the complications I wanted to keep it under wraps. MIL hasn't even told her boyfriend- I had to warn my mom that she would be the "bad grandma". MIL and I get along really well, I wish she was here to keep my mom in check.

My sister and I get along well in general, but there are just certain things that drive me up the wall. I talked to a friend that has known and been friends with both of us since high school. It's great to be able to vent to him- he's really like a brother and gets it but puts things in perspective.

I have my ~16 week appointment on Tuesday, not an ultrasound, but I'll probably get a referral for my anatomical scan. Last ultrasound for the SCH they measured the tiny little body parts and everything is developing just on time (well 15 weeks, which is 3 days early) :cloud9:

Rebecca sorry your dh won't talk about names yet. Mine has now decided he really likes Noah for a boy, even more than Logan. I like it but not more than Logan. And I also like Caleb more than Noah. I hope we don't end up arguing over names. If that happens he'll never agree to my dad's name as a second name. Choosing names is so hard...

I'm still struggling with drinking enough. And I think I've managed to get a mild case of thrush so I definitely need to up my water intake to flush it out.

Northern- I am not having the genetic testing done either. My midwife told me at my last appointment to be thinking about if I wanted it. I have an appointment on Oct 27th, and I am going to tell her I don't want it.

I'm slowly working on my husband. ;) I'm not worried that he won't discuss names. In fact, I think I know why. Early on, we had a conversation. And we had both decided that we liked the name Carolyn. He texted his mom with it, and ever since then, he refuses to talk about girl names. I think she must have said something about it. And he doesn't want to end up in some kind of argument over names. Personally, I couldn't care less about her opinion. If we both like the name, we should choose it. He obviously knows we need to pick a name soon. He told me to compile a list of names and we would discuss it in 2 months when he has less on his plate. I have a list of 8 names now. Of course, I prefer Carolyn. My mom wanted to know the names, so I e-mailed them to her. And then she called me and in our conversation, my husband started getting curious. ;) If I just don't press him, I'm sure he'll come around sooner. Meanwhile, my son has decided that "Ducky" is the perfect name for a baby sister. And he is calling her Ducky.

Tara- I think your story is too funny!

Maggz- A SuperBowl type baby shower sounds creative.

StripeyCat- That butternut squash soup sounds delicious! I want some now.

Vickster- How exciting! Do you have any feelings either way about boy or girl?

Horrific story from my work today :-( as some of you know, I teach prenatal education classes. One of our moms was induced on Friday and the baby passed during birth. She was a mom that I had a particularly good working relationship with.

Heart = broken. Sometimes you don't realize how lucky you are to have a perfectly healthy child.

I find it interesting how many people turned down prenatal testing!

We chose prenatal testing because my DH had a brother who died at birth, and he was born with down syndrome and a severe form of spina bifida. As a result we are high risk in terms of genetics.

Our decision was based on the fact that if our child had either of these issues it is better to know in advance, to prepare ourselves for the fact they would likely need surgery after birth and to allow for the best, safest method of delivery(some babies with spina bifida need to be delivered by CS to avoid further damage, and both babies with DS and spina bifida need NICU staff present to assess, as a large portion of children with down syndrome have heart defects, and children with spina bifida need health care immediately too.). If there was another issue present, most of those need to be addressed immediately in a specific way and I would want that to go smoothly and to be prepared for the care and treatments our child would need. Our decision was not based on if we would or would not terminate, and I hate it when people think that it is because we are high risk!(IRL I have had people say this)

Coming from a high risk standpoint I often wonder how I'd feel if I was low risk, if I would make different choices about prenatal testing but I think in the end for me it would always come down to being prepared. And since I already have the stress of being high risk, it doesn't stress me further to have testing done. It tends to lower my stress level and make me prepared!

Northern that is so sad! That poor family.

I didn't do any kind of testing last time around. I hadn't planned on it this time either. I ended up doing it because dd was born with ABO incompatibility and that was one of the things they were testing for. In the end I didn't get a clear answer to that anyway. I will give the Chinese hospitals points on this one - they are much better at testing for it. I think I'm just going to go to them for it.

Dh and I agreed on names so easily last time. We fight about so much I don't want choosing a name to join that list :(

We had names picked out before we even thought about trying. I'm not sure when we had the conversation but it randomly came up one day. Makes things easy lol.

On another note I've been so thirsty today. This is good as I haven't been drinking as much fluids as I should. This is bad because in a 1hr long show I run to use the bathroom 2-3 times. Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->