**April Bunnies 2015**

Captain- Great scan! I'm glad all is well! Baby looks adorable :)

Things seem to be good with my son tonight (fingers crossed). Since he slept so late this morning after being up last night, he didn't take a nap today. So, he went to bed slightly early and was exhausted. I think things will be better tonight. I think he's too tired to care about anything.

I have such an annoying headache! It's not extremely painful just enough to make it hard to concentrate on anything. Plus all my students are writing my exam today so I'm about to get a ton of marking.

15 weeks today :-D this pregnancy is flying by. Tried to get my gender scan changed to next weekend but they are full. It's killing me needing to wait till nearly 19 weeks! I have no idea how you team yellow lot do it!!!! X

I hate when I toss and turn all night. I flip from side to side. Then I spend time on my back. Then I go back to my sides and flip again. It happens from the time i go to bed until the time I get up.

Staying team yellow will takr a lot of patience ha. =|

Christina I'm the same, just want to be comfy in bed.

Captain - lovely scan!

Kirsty - yay we're changing weeks on the same day again! I'm 14 weeks today.

Beanonorder - hope your headache clears up soon.

Christina I did the same thing last night and some up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I don't anticipte it getting any better.

Captain lovely scan I guess boy hehe
Happy 15 weeks Kirsty! How's the bleeding? Hope it's stopped

I can't believe it's nearly November!!!!! Once new year hits April will come flying by!

Wonder if any of us will have baby on same day as Kate Middleton as she's due In April! With Prince George everyone in uk who had baby on same day got a special coin I wonder if they will do that again?

My friends baby was born on the same day as Prince George and she got a lovely little hat, vest and babygro set from the hospital as well. I doubt they'll do it this year as it's not the future king.

Scottish iv not had any bleeding in over two weeks now :-D

Those who have been feeling movement does your baby have really quiet days where you don't really feel anything?

Christina- I have the same problem. I've just been calling it pregnancy insomnia. It's hard to get comfortable sometimes.

Kirsty and Button- Happy 15 and 14 weeks today! :) So fun to turn a new week!

Kirsty- I agree that it's flying by. I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow. And I'm thinking "Geez, that's like 4 months pregnant! And only 4 more weeks until the halfway point!" So fast this time. I felt like my last pregnancy lasted an eternity.
Also, yes, my baby has quiet days. There are just sometimes that she moves a lot. But most of yesterday, she didn't do a whole lot (at least that I could feel) except one fleeting time at night when I changed my position in bed. But the day before that, baby was all over the place! I also think at this stage it's really easy for baby to move in a way that it isn't easy to feel movement.

Scottish- I also agree that things will go in fast forward after January. I also have had the strongest feeling that this baby will arrive at the end of March instead of the beginning of April. So, I keep thinking once March is here that's it. We'll see!

We ended up with a restful night last night. I figured we would. My son no longer believes there is a spider in his room. I took a bump picture today. I will post it in a little while. My stomach is starting to get in the way of things already!

My husband also sort of came around last night to talk about names a little bit. He has said that he got turned off to Carolyn when 2 people he said the name to pronounced it wrong and said "Caroline." He also didn't want it getting shortened to Carol. Our last name gets mispronounced all the time, and it is very annoying. And so he doesn't want a child who will have a first name that also gets mispronounced. I can understand that. He still doesn't want to talk about what name to choose until he is on his Christmas leave and has nothing else to worry about, but he wants me to keep a list so we can discuss options. I have about 16 names now. Surely, we'll be able to find one. We usually have the same taste on most of these things. So, I think it will be a breeze once we actually sit down and talk about the names.

Rebecca I understand your DH's concern about pronunciation, people have such a hard time saying my name that's why I go by Maggie at work... And we want to do some sort of Icelandic name along with an English one but I want something that's easy to say and write.

15 weeks tomorrow, I feel like that's a lot!

Sorry I've been awol, of course I have 3 midterms the same week so I'm trying to knock all the studying out. Luckily it's this week though because my sisters are coming to visit next week and will be staying for 12 days! I'm so excited I haven't seen them in over a year. It's gonna be a girly trip, we might go to Vegas and then just be tourists and shop and stuff around here.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Here is today's bump picture (with comparison to 14 weeks). I feel like the bump doesn't look that much bigger. I feel like it just keeps moving up a little bit, then down a little bit, then up a little bit. lol

Attachments

• 2014-10-07 11.37.59.jpg
    2014-10-07 11.37.59.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2014-10-21 13.03.39.jpg
    2014-10-21 13.03.39.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 9
Kirsty- glad that the bleeding has stopped.

I'm also having trouble sleeping. I wake up to pee and end up watching late night tv for an hour or two before I fall asleep again. Last night our puppy decided to stretch out as much as possible, so there wasn't that much room left on the sofa, and I woke up with such pain in my left hip/leg. I'm trying to drink more water early in the day, but it doesn't seem to help

Just had an appointment- I had some bleeding this weekend so I was a bit nervous. They found the heartbeat right away with the doppler- definitely galloping horses Still haven't gained any wait(15 1/2 weeks), but I have a feeling that I lost and gained 2 pounds since my last appointment. Definitely have a bump, so I'm not sure how I haven't gained any weight yet...

I'm having loads of trouble sleeping aswell! I fall asleep no problem but once I wake up to pee it takes anything between 1-3 hours to fall back asleep again, that normally happens twice every night :-(

I'm awake right now...it's 2 and I can't go back to sleep. This isn't frequent but I've had it happen a few times.

Is it too early to have edema? I was rubbing body butter on parts of my body (for itching) and felt like my hips are definitely growing as fast as my belly is...but I noticed my fingers left marks on it. I know at the end of my previous pregnancy I had severe edema in my feet at some points that my house slippers were tight one day and fine the next. This isn't nearly that bad though.

Rebecca: I'm glad to hear your DH has brought up names. Even if you aren't deciding yet it's such a relief. Your bump is beautiful btw.

xanzaba: sorry to hear about your bleeding :hugs:

maggz: good luck on your midterms! hope you have a nice time with your sisters!

I'm 15 weeks today and haven't felt baby yet. I'm worried that something's wrong and almost want to go have a private scan to check. I felt dd for the first time at 17-18 weeks but she was kicking my cervix (guess placenta was starting to leave the cervix alone by then?), but I really thought I'd feel something by now.

Good to see you Maggz! Sounds like you have your hands full.

Rebecca your bump is so cute! I'm not showing yet at all! Of course this is my first.

Kirsty, glad the bleeding has stopped!

Xanzaba, sorry about your bleeding.

Ugh stupid phone it posted before I was ready!

Anyway! I wish I felt like this was flying by like the rest of you. I have days I feel like that but most of the time I'm just very impatient. I want to get to 20 weeks so I can have another scan lol. Plus we agreed we'd start shopping then.

Had an appointment at my family doc today to go over labs from a few weeks ago, cholesterol is high, which it usually is but my triglycerides have been normal the last few years and they are up. Wonder if that could be due to the pregnancy. And my calcium level is a bit low. Guess baby is taking what it needs lol. Better up my intake.

Dh told me last night he is leaving. Its a long story but basically a stupid argument that escalated. Now he is twisting my words and making me look like I'm the bad guy so he can go guilt free. (e.g. I told him to get out of the room and now he's saying I told him to get out so that's why he's going)
I'm just completely and totally numb. I cried til 1am, fell asleep at some point but was woken up at 2am. Went back to sleep and was awake at 5:30am. He slept on the couch so dd came through to me when she woke up. I made her morning tea and tried breakfast. Neither of which she was very interested in. 5 minutes before I had to be at work I finally woke him up and asked if he was going to still watch dd or if I must call in sick. He just told me to go. I texted my HoD to say I'd be late. When I tried to leave dd got completely hysterical and wouldn't leave me alone. She clung to me desperately. Dh just stayed laying on the couch, after a while he tried to call her. He then put the TV on so I sat with her for a while and then tried to leave. All was fine til I closed the door. Then she started to scream. I just stood on the other side of the door crying and feeling like the worst mom in the world.
I now have to face the idea of being a single mom to two kids, in a foreign country where I basically have no one. Going home is not an option.
Sorry for my pity party. I just needed to put my reality down in writing.

Oh my gosh, Beanonorder I am so sorry. Do you think this is something he said in the heat of the moment? Hopefully he comes to his senses. It certainly sounds like there is an underlying issue going on with him from some of the things you've posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->