**April Bunnies 2015**

Exciting northern! Can I ask what is this test and what do you have to do? I hope it's accurate for you xx

Kirsty what time is your scan? Good luck hope baby cooperates

It's an intelligender test! It's basically just a pee test that reacts with some substance inside a cup. If it turns orange it is a girl, green is a boy. It is supposed to have a 89% accuracy rate, higher if you get a girl result. From what I read online, you are also supposed to get a more accurate result the further along in pregnancy you are. A lot of the wrong results seem to be women taking it around 10wks, even though the test says it's fine to do so.

Oh I have seen a lot on here about that test. I hope it's accurate for you xx

That's exciting Northern. 5 more months til we find out how accurate it is!!

Kirsty I hope your scan goes well. Its just about my bedtime so I suppose I'll have to wait til the morning to find out how it went!

Perplexed I'm glad you weren't disappointed at not seeing the gender.

I'm having a really hard time coping with everything going on in my life at the moment. I was a really crappy teacher this afternoon and that just made me feel worse. I'm just finding it so tough to separate my personal things from everything else. And then I come home unhappy so I'm irritable with dd. And she doesn't deserve that. I just want to stop the world and get off for a breather...

Sorry beanonorder :( :hugs: is your oh still not talking? I really hope things get better soon. Hard times are not nice but hopefully things will get easier and better for you v soon xxx

Kirsty- So excited for your scan today! :) I hope it goes great. I will definitely check back to see what you are having. I am sorry to hear you had a bleed again. I do hope it was short and doesn't return.

Northern- I keep thinking that you are having a girl. Congrats on your intelligender results.

Perplexed- Even if baby didn't cooperate on revealing gender, I bet it was wonderful to see that sweet baby. :)

Counting- I am so glad to hear that you haven't had another big bleed, and I hope it stays that way.

Happy 15 weeks Button!

Beanonorder- I feel for you! I was teaching last year before we moved. And I know exactly how you feel especially because I also taught while pregnant with my son. It's just tough. It's a lot to have stuff going on at home and then have to go teach the next day. You have absolutely no time to recover from your problems and the school day is just packed with constant stuff. So you just have to push your issues to the side (even if you feel they are staring you in the face) and keep going like everything is fine. Sometimes, I'd look forward to the weekend just to have time to deal with things going on at home. My husband and I also fought a lot during my pregnancy with my son. He is much more understanding this time around, but it was rough and there were days I just wanted to call in "sick" and take a personal day. I think I did do that one day. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that your stresses go away soon and that you and your husband can work through the issues so that your home life settles.

I had a crazy dream last night that I already had my daughter and she was 3. ;) But she still didn't have a name! My mom and I were sitting there and I whispered to her, "Let's just call her Colleen, okay?" She was a cute little girl with little brown curls. That's a long way off, but it was a very funny dream. I hope everyone is doing great!

Christina- Your appointment is today, isn't it? I hope it goes great for you and your nerves settle about it!

Yeah tonight Scottish! Today is going sooooooo slow!!!!! That's a fab price I would so get it! Then again my hospital won't tell you the gender. My scan is £80 and it's the people from the hospital who do the scan x

Christina- Your appointment is today, isn't it? I hope it goes great for you and your nerves settle about it!

Yes, it is at 2pm today. I have some distractions right now as I have classes up until I leave for the appt. My nerves have calmed a little but not 100%. :shrug:

Good luck today Christina :)

Kirsty oh said no :( he says we can just wait since we will get told for free at 20 week scan. He is usually the inpatient one as well lol. 4 weeks today!!!

Aw that sucks!!!! I'm sure the 4 weeks will fly by

Thanks. My classmates
Have seemed to be able to calm me down. =]. They all have a way of talking through things. I guess that's the joy of being in a room full of soon to be social workers =].

I left my bag in my car. Has my money in it. I am hungry! But I got to campus later than I wanted to so its too far of a walk for my lazy self to get money. I guess I'll just have to wait until my next class is over with.

Good luck on your scans Kristy & Christina!

Bean: I'm sorry things have been so difficult. I really hope that you're able to relax and feel good soon though I understand how difficult it must be. Hang in there hun :hugs:

Rebecca: it was so worth it to see baby! I was so worried as I haven't felt anything yet and as soon as the ob scanned I asked if baby's ok. She said baby's great and a bit too active to let me see anything, such a relief!

I think you really want to name your daughter Colleen! And feel like December is a long time to wait to decide! I hope your DH can bring up the names conversation sooner.

Scottish: exactly 4 weeks till my anomaly scan too...and that's where I will find out the gender (if we find out), DH may come with so if he does we'll ask not to be told.

My migraine is so much better today, I've had it since Saturday but I got to have a nap earlier which I think helped a lot.

It's ages until my anomaly scan, 6 weeks yesterday. I have a midwife appointment next week but it's just a boring one.

Button, are you going to find out the gender then? I can't remember. I'm glad I finally got DH to agree to the early private scan! I can't wait to find out, I'm so excited for Saturday! We're paying $100 and when I mentioned it to the nurse at my doctor's office yesterday she didn't seem to think very much of the idea ("and you're NOT coming to our office for this?" lol sorry lady), but I don't care! :p

Northern I am SO curious whether your test will turn out to be right! How exciting! How does your DD feel about it, does she want one or the other? I just think little girls are the best (teenage girls not so much! :p). I wish I felt like there was a chance we're having a girl, but I am 99.5% sure it's a boy. :p

Trying to look busy at work is the worst. :p I can't wait for this week to be over so I can train my replacement and move on with my life. :)

Perplexed- I really do. I just feel like the name is decided. I was trying not to get attached. But that's the problem with my husband wanting me to wait and telling me to think of names in the meantime. I'm just now coming up with ways to convince him that the name is chosen so that he happily accepts it. My son has also helped to choose the name, and I think that might help things. My in-laws will be here Thursday and I already know they will want to discuss the name. But I am not going to tell them what I'm thinking of. I do wonder, though, if it will pressure him into talking about it with me sooner. Plus, I also wonder if he'll want to talk about it after the 4D scan on Nov. 8th once we've seen the baby's face and know the gender for sure.

Waiting until December isn't easy. But then I also thought that if we do decide on the name then, we can come up with some cute Christmas present to wrap up as the name reveal. And I feel if we make it fun and exciting instead of just telling them at random, they might be less likely to say if they don't like it...especially if I get it printed on something as a gift. ;) I really don't care if other people don't like a name I choose, but I don't want anyone influencing my husband.

Tara - yes I am! I'm sorry the nurse was funny with you, there's no need for her to be rude.

Rebecca - that must be annoying.

Omg I'm getting soooo nervous! Feel so sick. This time in two hours I'll be having me scan!

Good luck Kirsty xx

Tara how rude of that nurse to judge. Not her position to judge where you get scanned lol anyway like you said who cares hehe

Rebecca I really hope your hubby agrees with your name choice as you seem set on that name x

Tara- my doctor has 2 locations, and one time I went to get an ultrasound at the location where I usually don't go, and ended up loving the tech. Now, when I schedule a scan I have to insist that I want to go to the other location, and it is such a hassle! I don't know why on earth they would care to which office I go, but they do. I guess it is their livelihood, but a scan is a scan.

Good luck with your scan kirsty!

We're all getting closer to our anomoly/gender scans, exciting! They'll hopefully look even more like babies :D I've got mine 3 weeks today, we're staying team yellow this time, but I'm hoping I don't buckle!

Been very bleh today, my toddler has been very hard work, crying any time things don't happen as she wants, and at other times sheer delight...it's exhausting. I'm so unmovitated about everything and rarely feel my baby so don't even feel pregnant :(
Just want to curl up in a ball tonight and have everything leave me alone for a while :( I'm hoping both my daughter's behaviour and my current mood are both only phases.

I wasn't acheduled for a scan today my next scan is at 18-20 weeks. I have to make the appt before I leave. Anyway. They used the Doppler. Baby's heartbeat at a strong 150. I wish I could have seen the baby but I am calmer just hearing the heartbeat =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->