**April Bunnies 2015**

Eidson!!!! I was trying to remember who it was I was team blue with!!!! Haha thank you xxx

Tove- I am so glad your scan went well and he didn't find anything serious! That is such great news. :) Fun to see baby too and possibly have spotted the gender. If it is a boy, that will be the third boy so far. I am the lone girl bump for now (except possibly Northern..who I am pretty sure is also having a girl). lol

Counting- I like the idea of learning to crochet or even knit. Or having your child bring books to you to read. I don't know if you like writing. I love writing. Although, I was an English major. But I'd be writing stories and other things like that for fun if I was on bed rest. I'd probably write stories for my son and then read them to him.

Perplexed- Happy 16 weeks! I agree with you. It feels like 2nd tri is going by fast. It feels much faster this time than last time. However, I am also not waiting for it to be over like I was with 1st tri. Maybe that's why it feels fast.

I am 17 weeks today and an onion now. I don't like being an onion. I went to another site that said I am a pear. I suppose I'll take that. Neither one of those seem bigger than an avocado to me, though. Maybe I'll have to go check out the produce section in the grocery store and see. I'm getting more and more excited because it feels like my 3D scan is right around the corner. I can't wait to see baby's sweet little face.

This is my procrastinating on studying for a test that I have in an hour....

At the doctor yesterday I saw the sign for the 3D/4D scan. The package costs $100 and we will get a CD with the pictures. I think it is totally worth it. I think I'm going to do it! We have a scan at 18w3d and then that would be the last one until the third trimester when they check the position of the baby (I can't remember the week that she said at the moment). The scan can be done starting at 26 weeks, so I will set it up for around then. =)

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA since I got back from my trip, everything's been craziness. We had our gender reveal party last Wednesday. Funny story, I just assumed my doctor would be doing an ultrasound at the 15 week appointment, and I also just assumed she would be able to confirm what they had told me at the place I got the NT scan at 12.5 weeks. You know, surely it would have just grown and developed more by then, right? So I invited my family and a few super close friends over for that evening. Well, turns out she wasn't going to do an ultrasound unless something seemed to be wrong, and she didn't think her lower tech equipment would be able to determine gender yet! So I explained my mistake and predicament, and she said, " Well, we can go take a look, but I doubt we'll be able to see anything." So she was looking around and said, "Well I see an umbilical cord. I guess if I had to guess, I would say boy, but, there's really no telling. Oh, wait. Oooooh, ok. That's a penis. Definitely a penis. Well, you're either having a boy or your girl has a penis." I was cracking up! Whew!

Okay, well I doubt I will be able to read the 50+ pages since I've been gone, but I will make a valiant effort to at least read the last dozen or so! :D

Hi ladies - all these blue bumps! I have pretty sure I am going to find out this time but my scan isn't until the 27th Nov 😞. I feel like I am having a girl - I keep on studying my 12 week scan to see if I can see a nub but there is so much going on with feet and cord I just can't tell grrrr hate waiting now I have decided to find out.

Am glad everyone that has had scans has had everything go ok. It is so hard to keep on top of this thread it moves so fast lol! Especially overnight as when as I am in the uk and that is when all you lovely ladies stateside are awake and posting 😜.

Glad everyone is ok and everything is going well - I am up to an Avocado tomorrow. Get to hear to the heartbeat next week haven't heard it yet and I can't wait 😍

My scan where we should know the gender is the 8th too.

Has anyone done the baking soda test? I've never done that, I'm bored and I need to do something to pass the time.

I think everything is pointing to girl for me though. I think we even have a girls and boys name now which is a first for us!

All the midwives tales said girl for my wife, including the baking soda test. We're having a boy ;) :blue:

Hi Sarah! I was just wondering where you were a few days ago. Congrats on your boy! :) Good to see you back here.

Amelie- I did the baking soda test, but it was wrong. It fizzled majorly. But most of my other gender predictors pointed to girl.

Eidson- That's how it was with me last time too! Literally everything pointed to girl and I had a boy.

Baking soda test said girl for me. Same as the intelligender.

First ultrasound tomorrow and I have apparently convinced myself that I definitely didn't take enough folic acid and vomited up too many of my nutrients to have a perfectly healthy baby. And there is definitely something genetically wrong, too. Anxiety = danger zone.

Hey Sarah! Welcome to team blue!!! Congrats hun :)

Northern would you be able to update the first page with who's having what?

Ladies I have a question about bp. I worry so much about preg induced hypertension and preeclampsia as my mom had preeclampsia in her pregnancy with me.

My bp reading at my appointment was raised (last month), it was 130/(normal range lower number), but when checked again, it was okay. I'd been stuck in bad traffic that day and felt dizzy going in.

Yesterday, it was 120/87. The nurse didn't say anything (different hospital anyway) but I think 87 is the highest I've ever seen it? I feel a bit short breathed these days...could that be related?

So reading through the posts I missed...I would love to join the FB group, but when I followed the link it said it didn't exist or I didn't have permission. Any other way to get added? My email is [email protected] if that will allow someone to "invite" me.

Perplexed-you short breathed-ness is probably related to the amount of blood you are now pumping through your body now that your pregnant. That blood circulates through your lungs as well and it is an adjustment...causing shortness of breath. It's very normal, and 120/87 is completely normal for blood pressure also. If it were 120/90 it would just be at the "high" range, so I wouldn't be worried. Also be aware that anxiety for any reason can cause your blood pressure to temporarily go up higher than where yours normally is.

Sarah the group is set to secret now I think so for you to join it would need to be set back to open for you to get in. I'm sure that's how it works anyway x

Perplexed I second Eidson. Your bp is perfect! And yes extra blood could cause breathlessness. Also your womb is getting bigger and moving up so this causes all your organs to squish up and your lungs which causes breathlessness. I remember when I gave birth to my ds and I stood up after to shower it was like I was taking my first breath. My lungs felt so open and clear lol after been squished up for nine months.

Congrats on your boy sarah

Thanks for the reassurance ladies!

I got breathless much later last time so I wasn't sure...but I'm showing a lot earlier lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->