**April Bunnies 2015**

Hi ladies, sorry I've been away a few days. Just been really tired and achy after work so no energy to post.

Kirsty congrats on your baby boy!!

Northern can't wait to hear about your ultrasound.

My back pain has gotten pretty bad lately. Yesterday it was mostly in my left and is starting much earlier in the day. I'm almost positive it's sciaica and the numbness in my leg is growing some. I'm starting an Aqua Zumba class tonight hoping the water will help.

I'll post again later after class.

I hope your back feels better after class Dini :)

16 week midwife appointment in the UK tomorrow - any idea what to expect? I've forgotten so much from last time!

Beanonorder, thank you for letting us know how things are going. I wish I knew what to say in comfort. It's so hard not knowing what's going to happen, especially having to be strong for your DD. I truly hope this all works out for the best for you. :hugs:

Sarah, good to see you! Congrats on team blue! :blue: I'm so glad your doc was accommodating! :)

I feel like I'm already team blue--I keep forgetting it hasn't been confirmed yet! :haha: Come on, Saturday! I'm still uncomfortable at the thought of having a boy, but at least once I'm sure I can start mentally adjusting & finding cute boy stuff to fawn over. :)

Sarah I invited you to join the group via your email address. I hope it works!

I had a good day yesterday. This morning has unfortunately been crappy. I've been reading this amazing book on marriage and it's given me excellent insight into our problems - and hope to actually improve things. And then this morning dh told me he has a job interview. Which is good obviously but I have this gut feeling that if he gets it he's going to move out... He might claim it's to give us a break but I am almost sure that of he moves out now he it will be for good. I want to show him the book and for him to have the same hope but I am not sure it will go down the right way. And then when I left for work my e-bike just died so I had to push it home and spend half an hour trying to get a taxi.
I'm 17 weeks today and I'm so occupied with other things that half the time I have to remind myself I'm pregnant.

Ok, enough pity party! Time for happy thoughts. I have good things in my life too.

Beanonorder I also wish I knew what to say to give you comfort but I dont. You are a strong woman and will get through this. I hope you can get through to DH and can work things out. And I'm glad you aren't forgettimg about the good things! So sorry about your bike though. What a pain!!

Class was fun but not quite the workout is hoped but still the water felt good and was easy on my bad ankle and my back.

My friend who I had lunch with last month and is 5 weeks ahead of me in pregnancy found out last week at her 20 week ultrasound that the baby had died. I'm still in shock and feel so terrible for her. She went in expecting to see her baby and instead had to go be induced for labor. Then still had to have a d&c because the placenta didn't completely detach. I can't even imagine how devastated she must be and of course it scared me. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing what is in my power to keep baby healthy and reminding myself to try not to worry as it will affect baby. I'm so sad that I lost my pregnancy buddy :-(

Ah dini I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. During my first pregnancy I also had a friend who was two weeks ahead of me and when she was 18 weeks she sent me the most heart-wrenching email to say her little girl had been born sleeping. I later found out that the baby had Turner's syndrome. It was really hard because I didn't want to make her feel worse but at the same time I couldn't exactly hide my pregnancy. I am happy to say that she now has her rainbow baby, I hope your friend gets hers too.

Dini :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: so sorry to read about your friend :cry: xxxxxooooo

So sorry to hear about your friend Dini :hugs:

Bean, I wish I knew what to say in comfort. Hang in there. We are all here for you!

Thanks for everyone's support. Keep sharing your happy and exciting pregnancy news! That makes me feel better and reminds me I have something to look forward to!

Congratulations on more boys for the group! I'm sure I'll be having a boy too.
Perplexed a bottom number over 100 is high. 87 is fine.
Beanonorder, keep hanging in there!
Dini, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Devastating!
Sorry if I've missed any other big news...

Dini so sorry about your friend.

Beanonorder I hope you can work things out.

Greygirl I know they'll check urine and blood pressure but I can't remember what else. Mine's next week.

Dini- sorry for your friend.

Beanorder, I hope this all works out for the best.

AFM- I had a good scan yesterday. The clot continues to change shape so the tech couldn't say it looked bigger or smaller, but at least it wasn't obviously bigger after all the bleeding I had. Baby is huge- measuring one week ahead, weighing in at 7 oz. I'm afraid I am due a big baby- I was 3 weeks late and weighed in at 11 pounds! My sister who was 3 weeks early was 9 pounds.

Not sure where baby is getting the weight from, still haven't gained a pound, so I'm starting to eat more high calorie, nutritious foods like nuts and avocado. I've been reading about the effect of added sugar in soy and almond milk, and I'm sure that switching from almond milk to lactose free milk has contributed to slower/non-existent weight gain. I read that at 18 weeks your appetite picks up, so I'm sure I am fretting for nothing.

Dini- sorry for your friend.

Beanorder, I hope this all works out for the best.

AFM- I had a good scan yesterday. The clot continues to change shape so the tech couldn't say it looked bigger or smaller, but at least it wasn't obviously bigger after all the bleeding I had. Baby is huge- measuring one week ahead, weighing in at 7 oz. I'm afraid I am due a big baby- I was 3 weeks late and weighed in at 11 pounds! My sister who was 3 weeks early was 9 pounds.

Not sure where baby is getting the weight from, still haven't gained a pound, so I'm starting to eat more high calorie, nutritious foods like nuts and avocado. I've been reading about the effect of added sugar in soy and almond milk, and I'm sure that switching from almond milk to lactose free milk has contributed to slower/non-existent weight gain. I read that at 18 weeks your appetite picks up, so I'm sure I am fretting for nothing.

Don't worry about weight gain - I weighed the same as pre pregnancy at 32 weeks with DD2 (I am naturally quite slim) I gained 10lb in total and DD2 was 7lb 7oz and very healthy.

My lack of weight gain was due to my super healthy gestational diabetes diet. I ate soooooooo many nuts, loads of cheese, avocado and pints of milk. And I still didn't gain.

It is when you are getting ketones in your urine your body is saying it needs help and eat more.

Thanks, Amelie- good to know about the ketones. They do a dip stick every 4 weeks and so far so good.

Dini- Heartbreaking news about your friend. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. That has to be so tough to endure.

Xanzaba- I am glad you had a great scan. And maybe your baby just had a growth spurt. :) My son always had a greater weight estimate than what he really was. The last ultrasound was WAY off saying that he weighed 9 lbs. He ended up being born at 7 lbs 6 oz.

Tara- I am excited for your scan on Saturday! You might just join the ranks of those on team blue. :) Can't wait!

These pregnancy dreams are off the chain. Last night I had a dream that I was touring Las Angeles with Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory). And then I couldn't figure out how I got out there. And then other random people who I haven't spoken to or thought of in years are popping up in my dreams especially one old work place where I hated working. I keep dreaming about it and they keep begging me to come back and I say, "You treat your employees like garbage. No!" It's crazy!

My in-laws are arriving today! I'm pretty excited. The last visit we had with them was amazing. And my MIL and I seem to be getting past some of the other issues and drama, and it's been awhile since she has said anything to me that I have found offensive. I hope to continue to move forward with her in a positive way. I know they are going to want to discuss baby names. They did last time they were here, and we didn't even know the gender then. It will either pressure my husband into it or he will just shut it down altogether. We'll see!

I hope Northern is OK. Anyone know what time her scan is and what timezone she is in?

That's so heart breaking dini :( I hope she is ok and has her rainbow baby soon xxxx:hugs:

Oh Amelie I forgot she had her scan today. She lives in Canada so I am not sure how far behind they are to uk time?

Sorry about your friend Dini, so devastating for them :(

Congrats on all the team blues. Any other team yellows out there?

My 16 week appointment went well, urine and blood pressure fine, blood test results normal and they listened to the heartbeat on my request! (My lack of feeling movements regularly had made me check out and believe the baby had died) Very relieved to hear the baby so quickly and clearly!

Good luck to those who's scans are coming up, under 3 weeks for mine!

I'm in Newfoundland time zone :) GMT-03:30

My ultrasound is in an hour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back