**April Bunnies 2015**

MrsA22 - I love the lengths you've had to go to to keep it from your dad!

Hi Eidson!

Wow, I think I am caught up with reading the thread... LOL Figured I'd do that before jumping in. Don't know if I am going to be able to keep up with all of you but... Hello to all and congrats!

I got my BFP this month after 5 cycles. Happened a lot sooner than I expected it to, but I am grateful yet nervous at the same time since it's my husband and I's first. According to my last period, I am due April 16.

I haven't had too many symptoms other than some mild cramping, slightly tender boobs, some nausea last night and the day before I felt like I had the flu with chills, fever and sore arm muscles. On Aug 6, I had sore pelvic/thigh muscles like I worked out. My sister had the same thing who's currently 11 weeks pregnant so that's what prompted me to test.

Welcome Eidson!

Love seeing our wee group growing so much!

Welcome to the newcomers! We are quite an active bunch aren't we. Just had a proper giggle at the bodily functions chat a few pages ago. Glad hubby didn't ask what I was chuckling at - he has no understanding of Internet forums and would wonder why I'm chatting with a bunch of strangers! Much better he doesn't know.

I'm so glad we are active though - anyone else not told a soul apart from their partner?! Sometimes, I have no idea what to say to friends and family because ALL I want to talk or think about is being pregnant!!

Hmm for your bloodwork all that matters is that it's two days apart. So just don't go on a Friday lol. You could go today and then again Thursday :)

Mrs A that's funny :) sometimes wish I could be that open with my parents haha.

Citrus yeah we haven't told anyone it helps that most of my family and friends are back in Iceland but it's so hard not to click that fb messenger button and share ;)
I wanna wait until end of October cause my sisters are coming to visit and do some shenanigans at the airport :) it's gonna be hard though that means I can't tell anyone before that! Lol don't know if I can hold out.

My doctor didn't check my levels! He just assumed I was sick so they were good. He also said the sicker you are the less likely you are to miscarry - not sure if there is any truth to that or not! He told me he was glad I was sick!

So I don't know if it's a side effect of the diclectin or just pregnancy, but I actually fell asleep at my desk today after lunch. I gave up and went home and slept for 3 hours. Such a nice nap! Glad I have tons of overtime hours built up.

Welcome to all the newcomers! So glad to see the group getting bigger and bigger!

MrsA22, some OBs don't check your hcg levels. I had mine checked with my last pregnancy because I was seeing an RE and doing fertility treatments. This time they didn't check them but did draw blood for a prenatal panel. Your story about keeping the pregnancy a secret from your dad is hilarious!!

mommyof2peas, I also had 3 blood draws for betas with my DS even though they were doubling properly. Mine were 47, 98, and then 220. At the time it made me paranoid thinking that they didn't like the numbers they were seeing, even though everything I read online said my numbers were great.

I'll definitely be finding out gender. I am just so impatient, there is no way I could wait! I don't care either way at all, but I'm kind of leaning towards thinking it may be a girl this time because DH had a dream awhile back and we had a boy and a girl and they were about 2 years apart according to him, haha. Also, every time I ask DS if he wants a baby brother or sister, he says "sissy".

I know MS can be a great sign that your hcg levels are high, but I had minimal MS with DS and I'm hoping it's the same this time around, although I've been having some queasy moments and my gag reflex has been out of control the last couple of days!

Welcome to the newcomers! We are quite an active bunch aren't we. Just had a proper giggle at the bodily functions chat a few pages ago. Glad hubby didn't ask what I was chuckling at - he has no understanding of Internet forums and would wonder why I'm chatting with a bunch of strangers! Much better he doesn't know.

I'm so glad we are active though - anyone else not told a soul apart from their partner?! Sometimes, I have no idea what to say to friends and family because ALL I want to talk or think about is being pregnant!!

I told my sister first cause I was freaking out wondering if it was actually a positive. I then told my husband, and last night we had my parents over for dinner and I had my mom open a gift box with a bib in it that said thank heavens for grandmas. She thought I was giving her a spider at first and put the box back down (she has this insane fear of them and we tease her about it) It was funny to say the least. This next weekend we're telling some of his family. Nervous about that since there's so many of them!

So far I've told DH (obviously!), my boss, one other person from work (who I felt I had to be honest with for other reasons), and a few close friends.
We intend on telling our parents after the first scan which is in less than 2 weeks now.
I'm hoping to keep it hidden from the general public until the end of September, but that may be easier said than done! I feel so bloated that there's a tiny bump becoming visible now. I just hope I can keep it quiet for while yet.

Hiii :hi: all, I'm due #2 around April 2nd. Heckuvva nervous due to some brown and red discharge, and have a scan on Thursday, :nope: not feeling very positive if I'm honest, but still SO excited, as this is a much wanted, long awaited baby! :cloud9:
Really happy to be joining you all, hope you're having good nights, not too much discomfort (well, just enough so you aren't worrying! :haha:)

We have only told our 2 older daughters and our closest group of friends. We are telling our parents this weekend. Everyone else will have to wait until we hit the 12 week milestone.

Oswin congrats hun. Try not worry I had
Spotting last week and I also have had bleeding through 1st tri both my other pregnancy's xxx

My sister and 2 bff's know. I will be telling my parents when im 8 weeks. Family after 12 weeks. Not posting on fb until 25 weeks. I live in a very nosey town.

Hope everyone's cramping isn't so annoying and bloats aren't bad ;)

Oswin I expect I will start spotting next week. I spotted at 5 weeks with DD x

I really want to do a cute pregnancy announcement when the time comes. Thinking of a photo shoot with our son & a sign or something. Anyone else planning a fun announcement?

My best friends, 1 coworker and my boss, and my OH's sisters know... oh and my trainer knows. Going to tell my parents some time this week, and the rest of his family and my family after we see the heartbeat. Probably announce on facebook around 12 or 13 weeks.

We gave my DD a "Promoted to Big Sister" shirt. We haven't held back on telling our families. The general public doesn't know yet. We will do a facebook announcement in September I think.

Anyone considering where they will buy maternity clothes? I'm kinda stuck to online shopping.

I am going to wait until after I see the heart beat to buy any maternity clothes. We are limited in Alaska to a few places that sell stuff.. Maternity Motherhood, and Target.. so most of mine will be online as well. I am going to Vegas in October for a girls weekend (this has been planned since the spring... oops ;) ), but they have some maternity outlet stores, so I plan on hitting those up for some stuff. I should be around 14 weeks then.

Does anyone else get the.. oh my god..what did I do? feeling? I want a baby, and we were trying, but all of a sudden I am like... What did I do? Am I really ready for this? I guess I have a lot going on right now too.. I just sold my house, and am going through the closing process, so we will be buying something in the next few months.

I've not told anyone yet! Just oh and you guys :haha:

I plan to tell family when I next see them (they live 3.5 hours away) my mum phoned tonight and said she may come this weekend since she missed ds 1st bday last week. So I will probably tell her then and then the rest of family. I will prob leave fb until 20 week scan like last time. Will tell closer friends And my dd at 12 week scan.

Not planning a big announcement just a basic "I am pregnant" lol

I've told mum, and a few close friends, but planning quite a cute Doctor Who themed facebook announcement!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->