**April Bunnies 2015**

Northern- Thea is a beautiful name!

That was the formula I was on. The one with the N that I can't get my phone to spell without autocorrecting it to something weird right now. I am lactose intolerant still. My mom just said I was allergic to other formulas.

16 weeks today!! And of course... I can't sleep. I was. Then all of a sudden woke up. Hopefully I can fall back to sleep. I am so tired. =[

And the right side of my abdomen feels quite a bit harder than my left. I seem to end up laying on my right side a lot more. I wonder if the baby is more to this side? If I press a few times it seems to even out for a while before going back to the right being harder. I can tell more in the morning/ late evening. It's weird.

I love the name Thea!

Bfing my second was definitely easier. My DD1 has a bad tongue tie and she gained weight sooooooooo slowly. And it was all so new and it is hard those first few weeks.

My only concern is my babies tend to lose a fair bit of weight initially - DD1 lost 9.5% of her birthweight and DD2 8% (she had antenatally expressed colostrum)

My GD and the hormones involved make my milk come in slowwwwwwwwwwwly.

Amelie id wanted to ask why gd caused you to need to express antenatally but that explains it.

Today I went to a clinic to try and find out what we're having. The dr said baby had his/her legs crossed hiding their private parts lol. She said she could see something that could be a willy but can't say for sure unless she gets a broad as daylight view. Lol! Ironically after flashing us for half a second baby crossed his/her legs even more and we could no longer see anything.

I asked her what she thought of something that happened in my previous pregnancy. At 31+ weeks I got up from bed one morning to feel a big gush of fluid down my legs. No smell or color and it soaked through my shorts. I showered then went to see my the doctor. There was no more fluid as I reached the clinic...they swabbed twice, negative for amniotic fluid and negative for vaginal infections, waters were still intact. They checked amniotic fluid levels and said they look okay. So the water was never explained.

This doctor gave me one possible explanation. She said it could be hind waters. I don't know what that means. I suspect the clinic I went to never believed there was a fluid leak but I did get weekly ctg...

The main reason I antenatally express is with GD the baby is used to a higher than average amount of sugar getting to them - even when your diabetes is well controlled to be honest. So the baby produces extra insulin. When they are born the baby's blood sugar can go low. So here in the UK after the birth the baby's blood sugar gets tested before and after each feed until they get a couple of readings that show the baby is getting something to up their blood sugar.

With DD1 I didn't know about antenatal expressing and I had to give her formula (tried hand expressing into a syringe but she sicked it up - and then screamed - no one to help me express) But she was awful with a bottle due to her tongue tie.

Also it take 3oz of formula to increase blood sugar as much as 2ml of colostrum does.

With DD2 the colostrum worked much better.

Those who have dealt with tongue tied babies, did you not get a tongue tie release done? I went to see Dr Jack Newman speak about breastfeeding in the spring and he seemed to encourage tongue tie releases. The GPs here are supposed to be getting trained to do them in office.

MWs in the UK are a bit crap at picking them up. My DD1s was identified in hospital but she could latch fine, she was just so inefficient. It was only because she couldn't latch on a bottle at all really I persevered, also with her being my only child at that point I had the time to just feed around the clock every 45minutes.

It made her hard to wean onto food though. She was baby led weaned but struggled to move food around her mouth due to her tongue.

My DD2 isn't tongue tied at all (I have a minor tie myself) If this baby has a tie we will likely pay for it to be released privately as the NHS aren't great with agreeing to it - or long waits which really mess things up.

I got my ds tongue tie snipped when he was 3 weeks old on nhs but I self referred as he was feeding all the time. He could also latch on but was inefficient feeder so he constantly snacked (still is a snacker) his was very severe though as the whole tip was tied down and I had to point it out to mw who didn't really give a damn and shrugged it off so I got the tongue tie nurse at the children's hospitals number and phoned her and begged as I was constantly bf and knackered and when she seen it she said it is severe. If anyone here has issues in uk with a tongue tie and its affecting feeding then try and self refer to hospital if mw don't help. It can affect speech as well but the mw disn't give me all the information on it only found out how much issues it can cause through the tt nurse.

My so had terrible reflux and colic (I didn't know it was colic, I'd never had a baby before so I didn't stress and assumed it was normal! I knew the reflux pain was not). He went on prevacaid (reflux medication)at 2 months. He was still puking and in pain, and started having weight issues after initial amazing gain. It turned out he was NOT lactose intolerant, but was allergic to cows milk protein. I strictly eliminated all dairy even trace from my diet until 8 months. He got so much better, I finally had a happy, not sick baby. I always recommend that to ladies who have babies who are colic-y or have reflux.

Also...19 weeks today!!!! This morning I was listening to lil bean's heartbeat...And I got multiple kicks just above my belly button, and a load of punches, head butts right by my pelvic bone!!! Baby must be so big now! You read the "baby is as big as...___" on tickers and websites, but even the second time around it is such a shock when you physically experience your baby is so big and so developed that they can do that now. I am in awe of this little person already:cloud9: On Thursday I have my anatomy scan and we hopefully find out the sex of baby. I am more concerned about hearing everything is alright after all we have been through, but I am recording everyone's votes!

DH: Girl
My mom: Girl
My dad: Girl
My sister: Boy
my brother: Boy
My SIL: Boy
My grandmother: Girl

I am not sure at all! I seem to be the only pregnant woman who does not have that instinct. I had a vaguely boy feeling with my son, but I didn't really feel that strongly. I have a possible girly feeling for this LO, but maybe not. It may just be because I feel different than with my son, and because DH is convinced baby is a girl and he was right about our son being a boy. I suppose we shall hopefully find out either way.

(Ps. I love the name Thea!)

My ds had a tongue tie and I was told by one midwife that I would not be able to bf which devastated me. However I perservered and I fed him up until a couple of months ago. In Wales toungue tie is left to try and stretch. We looked into getting it clipped privately but by then he was feeding with gusto so we never bothered. Aparrently it can grow back which is why they don't recommend it.

Northern - Thea is a lovely name ☺️

Perplexed - how annoying bubba obviously didn't want you to see whether they are a he or a she!

I am still having girl feelings with this baby - last night all I wanted to eat were sweets. My appetite is nowhere near what it was with ds and I still feel sick from time to time. Also my bump seems to start under my boobs where I am sure it was lower with ds. Maybe I am just trying to convince myself it is a girl. Two weeks on Thursday til we find out 😃 x

My DD had a tongue tie that wasn't diagnosed until the home nurse came when DD was a week old and she still wasn't latching at all (worthless "lactation consultants" at the hospital were the worst people I have ever met & knew nothing!! I could go on such a rant about that whole experience but I'll stop myself!). We had it clipped at two weeks old bc she had literally never latched on. Still didn't until I saw a proper LC at three weeks, and even then she would only ever nurse with a rubber shield. Snipping her tongue tie did help, though. I was horrified at the thought of it, but she only screamed for a second and it didn't even bleed, so I didn't regret it. :thumbup:

Apparently Rememberance Day celebrations are a no-no while pregnant. We are at a hockey game and they did a few minutes to honour veterans. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the whole stadium that cried. I feel like an idiot haha.

Apparently Rememberance Day celebrations are a no-no while pregnant. We are at a hockey game and they did a few minutes to honour veterans. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the whole stadium that cried. I feel like an idiot haha.

I felt like that in class the other day. Prof. showed part one of a video on Martin Luther (it's a Theology class- I go to a Franciscan University) and they stopped it on him going into the woods and getting caught in a storm and he thought at that moment he was going to die. I started crying. I'm sure the people around me (minus the only two that know I'm pregnant) thought I was insane. :haha:

Counting you are not the only one lacking that instinct! I really have no idea what I'm having and I didn't with dd either.
I'm going for my anatomy scan later today and dh is dying for me to find out the sex. I must admit I'm kind of tempted but I think if I do I'll feel a bit disappointed in myself. Staying team yellow has always been important to me.

My mom told me yesterday that her and my dad have definitely decided to come over for the birth next year. I'm really happy about that. I also finally told her what has been going on here. She's very sad for me and obviously disappointed in dh.
Dh moved out last night and I think the reality of his decision has hit him and he is regretting it a bit. But what's done is done and I have two choices - decide to become a single mom and do this all on my own or try it his way for a while and hope that we can solve some of our issues.

Here's my wife's 18 week bump :cloud9:
https://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a408/Eidson23/potato_zps44dce127.jpg

Eidson- She looks great!

Beanonorder- I am glad your family will be able to come for the birth. How nice :)

Sooo... I'm in the middle of my anatomy scan and we've had to stop for ten minutes to see if baby will flip and face upwards. The doctor asked if I knew what I was having and I said no I don't want to know. He said that's fine. Then I asked him if it was very obvious and he laughed and said yes it is. At that moment the tech moved from the feet upwards and even to me it was quite obvious. So I looked at the doctor and said 'it's a boy isn't it?' A bit later while she was scanning the abdomen and because baby is upside down you could see the his bits dangling so even if I had stayed strong I would have known!
So despite my determination to be team yellow I have now joined team blue!!

Tara I have to admit I do feel a bit like you - sad to know I'll never hold my baby girl again and never get to use some of those clothes. I'll never get a Paige or Madison. But at the same time I'm also excited to see what a boy is like and also to give my parents a grandson.
I never thought I'd cave! But in fairness with the way he had everything on display I'd have to have been an idiot not to realise!

Oh and the doctor also confirmed that I have an anterior placenta so that explains the sporadic movements I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->