**April Bunnies 2015**

I found a recipe here: https://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/05/oven-fried-pickles-with-skinny-herb.html?m=1

Baked but I bet they're good. I haven't tried anything bad from that site.

TaraCathryn- Do you have a Smokey Bones near you? They serve fried pickles. A lot of barbecue places often have fried pickles (but not always depending on the location).

Ooh deep fried pickles sound good! I want some cheese curds. Little balls of battered cheesy goodness with ranch dressing. Yummy.
I'm making a Ruben dip for dinner. Throw sour kraut, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, thousand island dressing and corned beef in the crockpot and let it melt and cook. Serve on rye bread or crackers. Not the healthiest meal in the world but damn it's good lol.

I have googled deep fried pickles as they don't exist in uk and I have found a yummy recipe and I will try it soon! In uk we call the pickle "gherkins" so here it would be deep fried gherkins :D

Tove I get terrible nausea and constipation from iron tablets - to the point that I refuse to take them. Don't know what I'd do if I had to take them during pregnancy. Make sure you take vitamin C too - either as a tablet or eat an orange. It helps.

I'm so frustrated, the past two nights I've spent between one and two hours getting dd to sleep and no matter what I can't get her to sleep in her bed. I feel so useless! Plus my Internet is not working and getting it fixed is a major mission. Then my friend called last night and I know she was trying to be caring but all she could talk about was what she thought we should be doing and what her and her dh do. I wanted to shout 'don't you think I tried all those things and that this has happened I need to move forward not rehash it all'. All she ended up doing was making me feel worse.

Hey strangers! I haven't caught up on the thread, two weeks is a lot of pages to read :haha: I hope everyone is doing good with no pregnancy problems :)

My sisters' stay was amazing, we did a LOT of stuff! It's sad to see them go especially since I don't know when I'll see them again or when they'll get to see the baby.

I've started to show a little, almost 18 weeks now so it's about time :) Baby moves a lot and I can feel it all the time which is awesome. I think I can feel it on the outside but hubby hasn't felt it yet. I'm doing good though, no problems to speak of. I've just felt something that I'm guessing is RLP, and I gained a little weight on this holiday of ours! I guess that's what unlimited amounts of candy, soda, and eating out will do to you :haha:

Beanonorder sorry to hear that your friend didn't help. Some people don't get their experiences might not help the next person :/ Maybe you can find time to tell her that you just need an ear to vent to, and you don't really want advice cause you feel like you've tried it all anyways. If she doesn't understand, at least you know you can always talk to us. :hugs:

So sorry to hear about the anti e antibody Scottish...if that's indeed what it is. did you have more ultrasounds and blood tests last time?

Glad to see you Maggz!

Oh I love fried pickles! I'm in ohio and they are pretty popular here. If you have a Red Robin near you they have amazing pickles. I prefer the spears to the slices. Now I really want some!

Had a yummy dinner at DH's grandparents tonight and I was so full but now I'm hungry again! I shouldn't eat now it's too late and will make the heartburn so much worse. Ugh. I want fried pickes now!

Anyone else find their relationship is changing due to pregnancy? I have ridiculous new found jealousy issues. I never batted an eye before about him talking to women or even getting emails from them(he's a journalist and people contact him all the time for stories). Now, I'm insanely jealous for no reason. I can't handle the idea that he has had ex gfs and that they've done stuff. I can't handle the thought that he's ever had sex with anyone else (he's 17yrs older than me, pretty sure he has!). The thought that he's ever seen anyone else naked makes me nauseous. I even went so far as to question why my own conditioner was moved. I've turned into a basket case. I don't verbalize this to him, just deal with it on my own. There is no reason in the whole world for me to have any suspicion. We are closer than ever in some ways, yet this is new. Just had to get it out.

Northern- My husband and I had some very rough periods of time during my first pregnancy. I think it was the newness of it all. I didn't know what to do, feel, etc. I think he was the same. And he was actually worried about me getting pregnant again because he didn't want to go through all of that again.
But we are doing amazing this time. He is wonderful to me. And still, I have some issues. I think hormones do play a pretty big role. But I'm also having body image issues. I don't feel attractive at all. I'm trying to feel attractive. And we are having plenty of sex. ;) But I feel so unattractive. I don't want him to look at me. And I feel so insecure. I feel like so many non-pregnant women are attractive and what would he want with me now? I have literally zero reason to feel this way and yet I do. He styled his hair different the other day and I thought, "Why is he doing that? Is he up to something?" It's just ridiculous! I know it's me and my own insecurities. So, I've just kept my mouth shut. And I've also gone to the gym every day for the past few days and will continue to do so. Plus I'm wearing more make up and jewelry and perfume to feel more attractive. I know what to expect but being pregnant just doesn't feel attractive to me.

I think the body image thing is it for me too. He's a pretty prominent person in our community and for some reason everyone kind of flocks to him. It never bothered me before but I think I also had this "he's 44 with a 26 year old girlfriend, he isn't going anywhere" mentality. Now I'm the 26 year old pregnant girlfriend. Not so hot.

The single women his age hate me, I'm pretty sure.

Thanks Dini! :)

Haha northern I laughed at your last statement. :haha:

Tove you reminded me that I need to chase the midwife about my blood test results to see if I need iron supplements. I took them with DS and had no problems.

Northern you're creating life and growing his baby, nothing hotter than that.

Perplexed, thanks, just extra blood tests, the consultant did mention another scan last time but I didn't get one. My ds was fine when born no issues at all.

Northern I think it is just hormones making you feel like that xxxx

Had a few episodes of not being able to see clearly thru one eye last night and it was so weird. I think this happened only once before, can't remember if I were already pregnant.

Extremely thirsty although I drank close to 3 liters yesterday (quite a challenge since the start of pregnancy) and so far today close to 2 liters. Throat still soooo dry! Definitely coming down with something. So tired today too and can barely walk from the bedroom to the living room at my mom's.

Sorry this post has been a moan. I just don't know what to do with myself!

Ewww. We got snow last night. Not a lot but it rained before it snowed so the ice under it its covered up. It's now 12 degrees outside with a feels like of 2. I totally don't want to get out of bed. Brr.y husband works where I go to school so we are carpooling. I have the 4 wheel drive car and he doesn't want me driving. He said he will drive and I will be safe. A little insulting but I guess sweet at the same time.

Perplexed- I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Christina- It's a good thing you guys can carpool. That is nice!

My mom just left about 30 minutes ago. That week went by too fast. Just this week my in-laws called my husband and canceled on us for Thanksgiving. So, now we won't have any company for quite some time. We will be going to see all of them in December for a couple of weeks. But it's just disappointing that they aren't coming. We were so looking forward to it. Our anniversary is the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and we were going to go out while they were here.
Now, we are trying to see if we can plan something with some friends of ours here. My husband just doesn't have enough time off to travel for Thanksgiving. He hasn't wanted to talk about it at all, but I feel like he is frustrated with his family. They often make plans and then just cancel. I think he's getting tired of it. We have come to expect it, but it's just as disappointing every time.

Christina: I completely understand the sweet but insulting sentiment.

Rebecca: I'm sorry your inlaws cancelled on you guys. it must be disappointing.

The roads were HORRIBLE! One would think that Iowa is flat. A lot of it is. But Sioux City has tons and tons of hills. We have to go down a few medium ones to get to the main road. They didn't even put salt down. And our street is an emergency route!!!! We drove on literal ice down the hills. I thought I was going to die. The parking lot at the school was salted but still has a ton of ice. I nearly fell on my face twice ... once getting out of the car and once walking across the parking lot. They said we were supposed to have a bad winter. Usually it doesn't start until mid - December. I sense it is going to be a really really long winter. :dohh:

I'm not feeling so well today. I ate breakfast and felt a little better but not by much. I sure hope that I'm not going to go through another round of MS. I've been getting bad heartburn with most foods right now... I can only handle so much. I don't want to start throwing up again. I did gain 2 pounds though! According to my scale at home anyway! I mean I guess it doesn't mean much. Lost a total of 22... so tech. now I only lost 20. Only issue is I don't think I'm eating the best. I have been craving tons and tons of sweets the last two weeks. Doughnuts and candy. Then the chips. I eat fruit. Not a lot of veggies right now. Ooops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->