**April Bunnies 2015**

I also have a feeling you're having a boy counting I don't know why!!

Interesting! :) Two boys- I'll never have a dull moment! :haha:

Good luck with scan tomorrow counting!!!! Crazy that that's the start of the 20 week scans. It's going so fast!!!!' Can't wait to hear what you're having!!!!

Subject of movement I hardly feel anything and if I do it's very low down movement and baby kicking my bladder/cervix. This is the first time iv had a low placenta and I really hate it. Iv always felt so much movement by now! X

I seriously need someone (or a bunch of someones) to smack me upside the head. I feel like I am completely loosing it. I am tired, overwhelmed, sad, angry, cranky, happy, excited, and I just want to cry. One day I will be perfectly fine and think things are wonderful and the next I have this irrational fear that something is completely and horribly wrong. I know the last about two days I have felt more of the flutter feelings. They are in my lower abdomen (actually just a tad higher than where I had felt them early on) and a bit stronger than what it had been before. They are even a bit more constant than in the past. However, I then sit down and tell myself it can't be the baby, it's too early, my stomach isn't looking bigger, I don't feel pregnant anymore because while I am tired I am not getting sick anymore and I can get heartburn even if I am not. Good grief. I am thinking it may be time for me to go talk to someone. It seems as if these thoughts get worse as time passes. I have a feeling it's because I am absolutely terrified. I wasn't in the beginning. But with one income, family over 1000 miles away, my husband tells me I am crazy, and me not being able to find a job plus trying to figure out how to finish my BSW before the baby comes (and still manage my 20 min presentation in front of the school after the baby comes) I am apparently terrified of the future. :cry:

I'm currently in a stage where if I wasn't feeling kicks and have this numb leg, I would forget I'm pregnant. However, kicks are significantly stronger now. At one point today I felt like she must have been trying to claw her way out.

What I'm feeling is such a strange feeling. Then again I guess everything is strange to me since its my first.

I had a thread in 2nd trimester about doing yoga, which I updated. But I just wanted to come on here because I know some people are having some pain and my prenatal yoga DVD showed me something helpful.

Dini-I know you were interested in trying out prenatal yoga. I think you totally should. It isn't rigorous or anything, but it gets your body into positions that are good for your body and for baby.
But the instructor on the DVD said that if you are having any hip pain or any sciatica, that moving through cat and cow poses really helps to alleviate that pain.
In case anyone doesn't know what that is, here is a short video showing how to do it. The instructor in my dvd said to put a towel under your knees if the weight bearing on your knees starts hurting (mine felt fine, though..usually I do have knee problems).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LympZqVz14s

I figured I'd share because some of the moves definitely helped me feel better.

Good luck counting tomorrow!!!

I felt baby's hiccups today for first time :D love it !!!

Rebecca's thanks for posting that! I'm going to get a dvd for sure and try those poses. I need to do something!!

I'm also barely feeling baby move. Monday I felt it as dinner but I haven't felt it at all today. Had to check on it with. Doppler.

Counting good luck! I just know it's all fine and I have no idea what you are having lol.

Christina: sorry to hear you're struggling. do talk to someone if you need to.

Rebecca: thanks I think I'll try that.

Good luck with the scan counting!

My scan is next Tuesday. I'm so paranoid it'll be bad news because I'm still only feeling sporadic, occasional movement. The weight gain finally seems to be slowing down and the nausea is gone, woot!

Poss TMI:
Anyone else got a really tired husband? I have asked him so many times to get checked or a blood test because he's ALWAYS tired and often gets colds that last weeks. This tiredness may sound like a minor thing but it really affects our life, especially our intimate life. I have a higher libido anyway (thanks PCOS) and his is low. If we do it every month I'm counting myself lucky, whereas I'd like it a couple of times a week.
Whenever I initiate I have about a 30% success rate and it really sucks at my confidence. I have NEVER turned him down because I'm always just so grateful. Pathetic, huh?
I know he loves me and he tells me I'm beautiful, but I don't feel it because of this. I don't think a couple of times or even once a week is excessive, but it makes me feel like I'm a freak wanting it 'so often'.
I had no idea our libidos would be so different because we waited til marriage (I'm religious). We've been married 5 years and it still upsets me now, you think I'd be used to the rejection by now?!
Please tell me I'm not the only one?

Greygirl sorry for how you are feeling and you are definitely not alone. Current marriage problems aside we have a similar problem. Dh has a very up and down libido and is one of those 'if I'm not in the mood it's not going to happen' kind of guys. I basically never initiate because I get turned down almost every time and it just kills my self confidence. I agree once or twice a week would be good but (before the current problems) we could go a few weeks with nothing. Obviously now I'm looking at a very long dry spell!

Counting any news yet? Not sure the time difference.

Counting- Good luck on your scan today! So exciting! :)

GreyGirl- My husband never has a low libido. I don't know how to say this without giving out TMI, but I never initiate anymore because literally every time I initiate, he wants me on top. I hate starting out on top. It is so uncomfortable for me. And if my body gets too uncomfortable during sex, it just shuts down on me and I dry up. I have tried to explain this to him, but he thinks I should maneuver myself in a way to keep that from happening. He just doesn't get it. But anyway, he initiates every time. And we have sex almost every day. So, you are NOT a freak for wanting it a couple of times a week or at least once a week.
I think your husband might want to get his health checked out. If he's always so tired and he gets colds so often, there might be something wrong that is worth looking into. Maybe he is anemic? I don't know. But I do know that a guy's health and his libido definitely go hand in hand.

Baby girl was kicking me tons last night! That was actually a lot of fun! I am trying out a new workout class at the YMCA today called Sh'Bam. It is taking the place of most regular Zumba classes. And it is from the same company that created BodyPump. I loved BodyPump and did it 3 days a week before getting pregnant, but some of the moves just pulled too much and I felt it wasn't safe for pregnancy. Anyone heard of or done Sh'Bam? They told me it was a dance class like Zumba, but that it was more dancing than Zumba and that it is completely fine and safe to do during pregnancy.

I haven't heard of that class Rebecca but I was told zumba was fine during pregnancy so it should be ok. I'm starting pregnancy yoga in December. I would have started earlier but my Saturday mornings are booked up until then.

Greygirl sorry for how you are feeling and you are definitely not alone. Current marriage problems aside we have a similar problem. Dh has a very up and down libido and is one of those 'if I'm not in the mood it's not going to happen' kind of guys. I basically never initiate because I get turned down almost every time and it just kills my self confidence. I agree once or twice a week would be good but (before the current problems) we could go a few weeks with nothing. Obviously now I'm looking at a very long dry spell!

Sorry about the current marriage issues :(

I'm also sorry about the issues same as mine, I am comforted to know I'm not alone. I think part of it is the shock because he's the only man I've been with and we're taught from an early age that men are always up for it! It totally knocks my confidence too. The main times he initiates is when we're asleep and I wake up to him initiating, ha ha. Even then I never say no as I don't know how long until he wants it again.
The best time in our 5 years was Feb this year when we had our first month TTC, he initiated almost every other night around the fertile time and it was amazing. I think that month wore him out and since then it was sporadic at best, so I'm extra lucky to be pregnant.
I just wish I could turn my libido off so I'm not frustrated or down about it. I don't initiate even half the times I want to because I can't take the rejection. Last night after the 3rd time in a row I pathetically cried myself to sleep about it. I know hormones make it worse, but the rejection still feels real. He wants me to think of it as a 'rain check' instead...then I'm owed a tonne of sex :(

GreyGirl- My husband never has a low libido. I don't know how to say this without giving out TMI, but I never initiate anymore because literally every time I initiate, he wants me on top. I hate starting out on top. It is so uncomfortable for me. And if my body gets too uncomfortable during sex, it just shuts down on me and I dry up. I have tried to explain this to him, but he thinks I should maneuver myself in a way to keep that from happening. He just doesn't get it. But anyway, he initiates every time. And we have sex almost every day. So, you are NOT a freak for wanting it a couple of times a week or at least once a week.
I think your husband might want to get his health checked out. If he's always so tired and he gets colds so often, there might be something wrong that is worth looking into. Maybe he is anemic? I don't know. But I do know that a guy's health and his libido definitely go hand in hand.

Baby girl was kicking me tons last night! That was actually a lot of fun! I am trying out a new workout class at the YMCA today called Sh'Bam. It is taking the place of most regular Zumba classes. And it is from the same company that created BodyPump. I loved BodyPump and did it 3 days a week before getting pregnant, but some of the moves just pulled too much and I felt it wasn't safe for pregnancy. Anyone heard of or done Sh'Bam? They told me it was a dance class like Zumba, but that it was more dancing than Zumba and that it is completely fine and safe to do during pregnancy.

Yay for baby girl kicking lots, I'm jealous! ;) I've not heard of that class, but it sounds great.

Wow, almost every day!!! Men just don't understand sometimes, we have things that work better/worse for us too. Thanks for telling me I'm not a freak. I don't have anyone to talk to about it in real life and so I'm left alone thinking there's something wrong with me.
I've tried soooo many times to get him to go to the doctors about low energy (I don't mention the libido) and constant illnesses, but he won't. It's so frustrating because our life could be so much different if he had a normal amount of energy! Most weekends he can sleep in til 11 or later and sometimes even after 14 hours sleep he's shattered :(

Hi Greygirl. I was thinking about your situation and know that men can be very stubborn about going to the doctor. Not sure if you currently do this but I started juicing with my husband and our energy levels are through the roof! We use the Breville juicer and love juicing carrots, apples, lemons, kale, watercress or whatever else you enjoy. There is also a documentary about it on Netflix called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead that is about juicing. I know it's not the same as going to the doctors but it could be s scion he is less resistant too. Good luck!

Greygirl, good luck. We dealt with this early in our relationship and it sucked. Although, one day it just changed out of nowhere and we've been doing it several times a week for almost two years now. It was so weird. I do feel for you though, it was very challenging.

Have you tried getting him to go for walks or do more active things with you? Sometimes just getting a kick in the ass for lack of better words helps kickstart everything else.

Off topic question - do any of your OH's play broomball? Mine is a huge broomball fan and has played in the world broomball championships a couple of times. He was supposed to be in Japan this year but baby put a stop to that financially. I want to get him some new gear for Christmas but have no idea what to get without asking him.

That Sh'Bam class was a great workout! I used to enjoy doing Zumba, but I never felt really worn out afterward. I left covered in sweat and needing to shower this time! But I felt good. I will probably start doing this class on Thursday and Saturday. It's offered on Tuesday too, but that's also the same day as story time at the library. So, I'm not going to cut out story time for my son because I like a class. I'll just do the elliptical on Tuesday.

Northern- I don't know what broomball is. All I can imagine is that game from Harry Potter? My husband isn't sporty, though. He runs, but he doesn't play sports at all...or watch them either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->