**April Bunnies 2015**

Christina, I feel for you. We get exceptional amounts of snow here. We are in the top 10 snowiest cities in North America. There is nothing more terrifying than driving on ice. I like to think it makes us brave ;-)

I wonder how much baby can actually hear at 20 weeks. She kicks a ton every time the dog starts doing his high pitched whine he is famous for.

My son was crying last night and baby started kicking so hard. Aiming right at where he was laying against my belly sobbing. I guess she\he can hear quite a bit, especially loud noises now. Has kicked at the dogs barking too.

I like it when the baby kicks and one of my girls is laying on my tummy. They can't feel it yet but it is like the baby senses their siblings being close :flower:

I haven't noticed baby reacting to noises yet (except very loud, at the movie theatre which gave DD fits when I was pg with her), but he does seem to get hoppy when I sit down at night to watch a show and have dessert. It makes me feel guilty for raising his blood sugar! :(

I haven't noticed baby reacting to noises yet (except very loud, at the movie theatre which gave DD fits when I was pg with her), but he does seem to get hoppy when I sit down at night to watch a show and have dessert. It makes me feel guilty for raising his blood sugar! :(

I felt so guilty this morning Tara. I made cinnamon rolls and ended up eating two! I felt horrible for raising babys blood sugar and making it's little pancreas work more than it should. I thought I was crazy!

Northern I'm sorry you are having issues with jealousy. I can understand the not feeling attractive though and I know hormones are terrible!

I've beek okay there but feeling terribly unattractive and need to get to the gym but with my back and hip pain I'm unsure of what I can do.

We definetely aren't having plenty of sex, I guess my libido just fell off the face of the earth. I'm hoping this weekend we can spend some quality time together. Just seems like the days we do have off together we are just so busy and then tired when we get home.

OMG. DH hit a deer on the highway tonight. He is ok and the deer got up and ran away. Damage was not too severe(broken headlight and a dent), but car seat was in the car which sucks(We almost always take it out when Joey isn't in it), especially since I will need one Thursday. My poor soft hearted DH, he was scared he killed the deer or broke it's neck, and then when the cop said they were going to put it down he was heartbroken. Turned out that the deer was having a hard time recovering and getting up with hooves slipping on pavement. Basically not having an awesome evening. On the plus side everyone was able to feel the baby moving from the outside today- yay. But seriously. Can I just have a few stress free moments? Please?

Counting sorry you had to deal with that. Not at all fun.
I agree about the request for a stress free moment - if you find one can you share?

Not much other news. I'm back at work today. I haven't heard from the nanny so I assume all is OK at home. I am very happy with her and impressed with her work. Its still hard leaving my baby with an almost stranger. I'm sure it'll get easier.

Counting: so sorry about that :(

Wow everyone is feeling movement on the outside! I've barely felt movement on the inside! Maybe my tummy just got too big after dd...although it went down by a substantial amount by the time I got this bfp...I guess it'll still make a difference. Placenta is to the back so that's not why.

In other news...yay, 18 weeks today!

The only occasion where I remember dd kicking something really hard was towards the end of the pregnancy (31 weeks+) I was having one of my regular ctgs and dd kicked one of the monitors off before it was fastened on. lol. the nurse had me hold it. I assume dd felt we were disturbing her...:lol:

Beanonorder - I might have missed a post where you talked about it, but why did you need a nanny? Where was your dd before dh moved out?

Maggz dh used to stay at home with dd. So him getting a job and moving out really threw things into turmoil.

I hate heartburn! It seems to come at the weirdest times. I wish it really was a sign of hair! Sadly I had it with dd and she was almost bald and it took her forever to actually grow her hair.

Beanonorder - Congrats on your blue bump

Perplexed - don't worry, even I haven't started feeling the baby movement yet. In my case, I think it's both - the anterior placenta and probably the extra flab in my tummy. Hopefully we should get there soon.

Counting - So sorry that you had to deal with such stressful stuff.

And about the food cravings, I was not a person with sweet tooth before. In fact, I always skip desserts and even have little fruits because of the sweetness. But off late, I'm having some thing sweet almost everyday. Have had a lot of muffins, cakes and chocolates in the last 6 weeks than what I had overall before getting pregnant :haha:

also, Northern, could you add me to the due date list. My due date is April 8th and we will(have to :( ) be yellow bump

My baby has very quiet days too. When they showed her in 4D we could see the placenta and it is HUGE, easily as big as her, and she was hugging it, snuggling it and generally hiding behind it. All my movement is low or very high. So if she isn't in the right position I don't feel a lot.

Amelie i think that's what my dr was talking about. she said baby is moving just fine but I wouldn't feel it...i assumed it was position related.

Counting- That deer story sounds scary! I'm glad you all are okay.

Beanonorder- I am glad things are going well with the nanny. I know how you feel about a stranger watching your child, but I am so glad it seems to be working out. It's a nice extra relief for you.

I forgot to mention this, but at my 4D ultrasound, I asked the tech if she could see where the placenta was. And she said it was high anterior. I was so shocked! I was sure I didn't have an anterior placenta this time because I have felt this baby from early on, and I feel movements very strongly. But I have noticed that most of the movements I feel are often in my lower abdomen. However, we still can't feel the baby from the outside. And I wonder if it will take longer for that because of the anterior placenta.
The other night, we were all sitting around having a lively conversation. And the livelier the conversation, the more baby was kicking and moving around. So, I just looked it up and saw that right at week 18, baby's ear bones are getting very developed. So baby can hear a lot of noises and often reacts to louder noises. I'm surprised she doesn't react to her older brother rough-housing with her daddy! lol

The big day (Ie. My 20 week ultrasound) is tomorrow. Now less than 24 hours away. I am so nervous I feel sick. I am excited too, obviously, but really panic type worried. I feel baby kick all the time, they have a good heartbeat and I am definitely showing but it is hard not to panic when you are high risk and have been having complications. Just hoping everything is going to look good, I will be able to see my sweet baby's face, and I will be able to share if we are having a boy or a girl with all of you. Please send positive vibes!

Also, insurance will not cover the deer accident. :(. Luckily we are just going to replace the broken headlight and DH is buying a new car seat today. Frig. Now we need 2 new car seats, lol.

Counting- So exciting! Can't wait to find out how your big scan went and if baby is a boy or a girl. I keep thinking that you are having a boy for some reason..even though you haven't found out yet! We'll see how true that is tomorrow.

Maybe you have the instinct about it I don't- LOL. I am going to be so excited either way but I still want to know so much! Hoping everything will go smoothly and baby is healthy and everything else looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->