**April Bunnies 2015**

GreyGirl our relationship was like that early on, my libido was through the roof bc I was 17 and DH's was lower bc he's older & was stressed from work. I got so tired of being rejected. Then I started having physical issues & he was the one getting rejected. Sex has been a constant issue in our marriage, sadly! It does sound like your DH needs medical testing. It's such a shame he won't do that for you, and for himself.

Rebecca I don't think most men understand how our bodies work. Being uncomfortable, physically or emotionally, stops our natural lubrication and makes the whole process suck! I'm glad you're still making it work despite that particular disagreement... Actually I'm quite jealous!

Finally got my 20 week US scheduled for Dec. 2. Kind of anticlimactic since we already know the gender. Now I am just worried about the medical stuff without having the excitement of finding out! :p But any chance to see baby is a good thing. :)

Grey I just wanted to add, I too have cried myself to sleep over getting rejected, and we have been married 11.5 years... so you're not alone & you're definitely not a freak!

Northern- I don't know what broomball is. All I can imagine is that game from Harry Potter? My husband isn't sporty, though. He runs, but he doesn't play sports at all...or watch them either.

Haha! I wish he played Quidditch! Broomball is very much like hockey except they run on the ice instead of skate and use a ball and special sticks (brooms).

Is it too early to feel the baby move way more frequently?? At 16w4d. I Have these feelings in my lower abdomen ( where the flutter and pulse feelings happen) and it's been a good 10-15 times since this morning that I've had them. The only way to describe it is a rolling feeling. I have no idea how else to describe it. Last a second or so each time and then stops.

As for my husband and broom ball. No. I kind of wish he would do something other than get home from work and play his stupid video games. He could even do some figure skating and id root him on lol

Christina- I know what you mean about those video games! My husband got hooked on Destiny for awhile, and he could literally play that one for hours on end. I am so glad he isn't playing it anymore. He isn't too bad with his video games. Most times, he only plays for about 1 hour at night. But that Destiny was something else.
I don't think it's is too early to be feeling movement so commonly. Actually, my baby's movement picked up between weeks 15-16 and it seems to have slowed some more since she's starting to take up the room in there.

Mine is hooked on civilization. He says he will play for an hour and I'll go in after two and ask what he is doing and he goes "gathering my troops together". And it just keeps going. Luckily we don't have any other kids and this one is cooking lol. And I have school work to do most nights but goodness!! Before that it was call of duty.

My husband is playing Call of Duty now, I think. Some new game was just released. Whatever that one is is the one that he has been playing, but he hasn't seemed to be so hooked on it. I don't understand the games at all (nor do I care to). He plays them quietly and he won't ignore our son for the game. I understand a little bit of stress relief. I don't think he even realized how long he was playing that other game. I know what you mean about it going on and on. My husband played more before we had our son..I think that was a little bit of a difficult sacrifice for him to make. He's really not bad, and I'm thankful for that. He has a cousin who will come to our house and take over our TV all day and night. My husband will have to tell him to get off the video games.

He is a lot better than when we were in college, I will give him credit for that. But sometimes it just gets to be too much. I have thought about tossing his laptop out the window multiple times... but it was expensive so I decide against it :haha:

My DH goes through cycles of playing video games... right now he just got an xbox1 and set up a projector on the living room wall instead of a TV, so he just loves staying in there now. :haha: It really doesn't bother me though and he is pretty good at stopping and giving me attention when needed ;)
Oh and Rebecca I don't know if they're playing the same one but a new Assassins Creed just came out haha that's what DH is hooked on now.

Edit: The only thing that does bother me about video games is when he's playing with his brother and they're yelling at each other (mostly his brother yelling though). Urgh lol

OMG...am I the husband?! Lmao listening to all you ladies talk about your DH playing video games reminds me of ME. I love video games, but only play them on my days off. And in my defense...my wife likes video games too...just different ones than me :haha:

Lol Eidson I like games like Rayman and Crash Bandicoot... yes I'm still 12 years old.

Yes Maggz! I was way off. It is Assassin's Creed because he went to the midnight release at Best Buy and got it. And the giant book he brought home is Assassin's Creed (just remembered when you mentioned that). I am so bad. I can't keep up with all of his games. They are all the same to me...walking around some desolate place shooting things. But I swear you and I are almost married to the same man!

I play games also. He bought me a Wii U as an early anniversary gift. I played Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land..those are more my style. But the longest I can play is for an hour because I start getting a headache and my eyes hurt from staring at the screen so long.

I wish you all the best of luck. At my apt today I found out that I lost the baby about 13 weeks.

Seriously is anything every going to go right for me?! I came outside this morning to go to work only to find my ebike has been stolen. After paying the agent fee for the nanny and other things I really don't have money to buy a new one but I have to get to work. My choices are to take a 40 minute walk or pay for a taxi. Plus waiting for a taxi can be a pain.

I love civilisation! But I don't like games like call of duty. I hardly ever play anything though.

Very sorry for your loss mommyof2peas. I can't imagine how hard that is.

So late update, but I thought I would let you all know how my scan went today.:

Baby looked overall very good. Placenta has healed!!! Measures bang on, beautiful, perfect little face. They look so much like Joey(my oldest), but a pointier chin and rounder head like me. They did find an issue, baby has enlarged kidneys. This is usually nothing and they see me again in 8 weeks to check kidneys which is a bit nerve wracking, but the enlargement is marginal- 4 is the cut off and theirs measures 4.4. It also doubles the risk of them having down syndrome, but my risk is VERY low, so it still only works out to 1 in 17,000 chance of DS(pre adjustment was 1 in 34,000). Oh and....IT'S A BOY. No doubt about it he was not shy at all! I guess I was right when I thought I saw a penis on the emergency ultrasound. We are focusing on the positives right now, instead of dwelling on the abnormal finding. My boy is one tough cookie :haha:

Pictures:cloud9:
https://i60.tinypic.com/110lhk0.jpg
https://i61.tinypic.com/2ugcgu8.jpg

And...Boy bits!!Actually a less obvious picture than the view he was giving us before she tried to get a printout for us.
https://i57.tinypic.com/2rde0qe.jpg

mommyof2peas: so sorry for your loss :hugs:

counting: congrats on your boy! I'm glad your placenta's healed, too. it's such a relief. well done focusing on the positives.

My DH plays a lot of games. Not always online or multiplayer ones but occasionally. I don't mind too much as I used to play some of the same ones (world of warcraft, diablo 3) and there are some offline ones that I enjoyed in recent years (elder scrolls v: skyrim). But since getting married I just found myself not into games much and the most id play is 1 hr. but honestly since dd has become mobile it just became even harder. a new expansion for world of Warcraft just came out and I'd pre purchased it last summer...but I can't play at all. there's no chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->