**April Bunnies 2015**

I'm so sorry for your loss mommyof2peas. Look after yourself.

Counting, glad that you had a good scan and yay we were right about it being a boy.

Sorry about your loss.

We are getting 25cm of snow today. I can't wait to shovel my car off the work parking lot.

I'm so sorry for your loss mommyof2peas. Take care of yourself!

My DH loves video games. He used to want to play them ALL THE TIME and it would infuriate me. When our DS was born and I went back to work, I would be scrambling around in the evenings trying to get everything ready for the next day, taking care of DS, etc while DH sat and played his games. I finally had to put my foot down and give him bottle washing duty, which he knew was his responsibility every single night and made me resent him a little less haha.

Wanting- That's a good way to get him from just sitting on his butt playing video games. I don't think guys even think about how much we do. It would be interesting to see how they felt if they were running around doing everything and we just sat around playing video games.

Perplexed- I also had to just give up any video games I played after my son was born. It was too much.

Counting- I also like your positive outlook on things! I think it's funny that so many of us had the right prediction about your baby..but maybe that's because we somehow remembered your comment about thinking he was a boy at that one ultrasound. ;)

I hope everyone is doing well today! I thought this week would feel short because my mom was here until Tuesday, but it has felt so long. I think I'm also waiting for December to hurry up and get here because I feel like I no longer have much to look forward to this month. I do have my 20 week scan next week. I definitely can't wait for that. I want to know something about baby's health and hoping she is developing just fine.
Her movements have slowed down some. But when I feel them, they are very strong. Can't wait until she can be felt from the outside.

Wow mommyof2peas I am so sorry for your loss. That's heartbreaking, I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. Take care of yourself :hugs: :hugs:

Hi Greygirl. I was thinking about your situation and know that men can be very stubborn about going to the doctor. Not sure if you currently do this but I started juicing with my husband and our energy levels are through the roof! We use the Breville juicer and love juicing carrots, apples, lemons, kale, watercress or whatever else you enjoy. There is also a documentary about it on Netflix called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead that is about juicing. I know it's not the same as going to the doctors but it could be s scion he is less resistant too. Good luck!

We had a spate of juicing and were juicing regularly before my morning sickness kicked in. Even then, simple apple and ginger juices helped until about 8 weeks. Then my tastes changed. I haven't done it since, but have bought the stuff in, I hope it helps!

Greygirl, good luck. We dealt with this early in our relationship and it sucked. Although, one day it just changed out of nowhere and we've been doing it several times a week for almost two years now. It was so weird. I do feel for you though, it was very challenging.

Have you tried getting him to go for walks or do more active things with you? Sometimes just getting a kick in the ass for lack of better words helps kickstart everything else.

I hope that happens to us! I'd love to even once a week, just to re-connect.

GreyGirl our relationship was like that early on, my libido was through the roof bc I was 17 and DH's was lower bc he's older & was stressed from work. I got so tired of being rejected. Then I started having physical issues & he was the one getting rejected. Sex has been a constant issue in our marriage, sadly! It does sound like your DH needs medical testing. It's such a shame he won't do that for you, and for himself.

Grey I just wanted to add, I too have cried myself to sleep over getting rejected, and we have been married 11.5 years... so you're not alone & you're definitely not a freak!

Thank you, it's good to know I'm not alone or a freak. I have thought about rejecting him so he knows how it feels, but I just can't say no because I don't know how long it'll be til next time!

Update: We had yet another talk about it and VERY reluctantly agreed to get a blood test, but I don't know if he actually will. It's a mess because these conversations always end with me saying that I'll just stop talking about it and keeping it to myself...but he doesn't want that, but he also doesn't know what do say or how things can improve. Maybe he'll get around to getting the blood test, but I don't know.He's also not happy that I mentioned I thought I was improving because I was only initiating half the times I want to...but I said that I can't take even more rejection. A lot of the time, I just don't bother anymore and that makes me sad. We're both not even 30 yet (can't say that after next month), I thought we'd be a bit more active in that area for a while yet! But I should be used to it by now, although we were a lot more regular, these issues have been these since even our honeymoon :(

Congrats on the boy Counting!

Sorry about the snow Northern. Not much fun.

Amelie so sorry your diabetes is back already. I'm a little worried about it because the found ketones in my urine last week. But doctor tried to reassure me and say the cause is most likely because I hadn't eaten lunch. December is time for the test so I guess we'll known for sure then.

I'm off to a ladies brunch thing at the church this morning. Dh is coming to watch dd. I'm really nervous because I'm naturally shy and find it so difficult to start a conversation with a stranger. But I decided I needed to put myself out there and also just have some time to myself.

Mommyof2Peas, I am so, so sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through. I hope you have the support & rest you need.

Beanonorder, good luck at your brunch, I have a hard time starting off with new people as well, but it will be good for you. Also I'm so sorry about your bike! :hugs:

This has been the longest week ever. Being unemployed is so darn weird! :p

I had to go to the store. Chose Walmart but I really didn't want to go out. So. I put a sweater over my tank top and kept my pj pants on (more like sweat pants) and figured since I was going go wear my puffy winter coat a bra was not needed. Yep. That's the way I roll. Lol. Bras are overrated anyway right? Plus right now my boobs are hurting more with than without.

Greygirl: I was going to ask if you've talked about the issue itself- but it seems like you have. They're never easy no matter what. I hope he manages to get his health checked out.

Amelie: so sorry about your diabetes :hugs:

Dd's sleep has been awful for weeks now that today I just put her back in her cot bed while she was whining. But when it turned into full on crying I couldn't help it and went for her again. It broke my heart carrying her she immediately placed her head on my shoulder :cry: I feel so bad.

Beanonorder- I hope you had a great time at your brunch! Good for you to get out there and do something you feel a little uncomfortable doing. That takes courage and effort. :) And maybe you can connect with some people who can be a support for you right now when you need that.

Tara- It is weird to be unemployed. I think it takes time to adjust and basically make yourself a schedule.

Perplexed- Sorry your little girl is having a tough time. I hope it's just a phase and she can start to work her way out of it soon. I don't blame you for scooping her up. I still go in for my son when he whimpers or cries (even if I know it's nothing). And part of me feels even more of a need to do it now before there is another baby taking some of the attention away from him.

I'm exhausted tonight! I went to yoga again today (which was fabulous), I am amazed at how much more flexible and stronger I have gotten in just 1 week back at it. I also just adore my instructor. She just constantly modifies for me. And I'm not one of those people who cares if the instructor speaks directly to me during a class. I am not shy. Plus, it's very obvious that I am pregnant. Then I spent the rest of the morning/afternoon running around town.
Right now, I'm having tons of fun because I'm drinking ice cold water and it's making baby girl dance. ;)

Hi Greygirl. I was thinking about your situation and know that men can be very stubborn about going to the doctor. Not sure if you currently do this but I started juicing with my husband and our energy levels are through the roof! We use the Breville juicer and love juicing carrots, apples, lemons, kale, watercress or whatever else you enjoy. There is also a documentary about it on Netflix called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead that is about juicing. I know it's not the same as going to the doctors but it could be s scion he is less resistant too. Good luck!

We had a spate of juicing and were juicing regularly before my morning sickness kicked in. Even then, simple apple and ginger juices helped until about 8 weeks. Then my tastes changed. I haven't done it since, but have bought the stuff in, I hope it helps!

Update: We had yet another talk about it and VERY reluctantly agreed to get a blood test, but I don't know if he actually will. It's a mess because these conversations always end with me saying that I'll just stop talking about it and keeping it to myself...but he doesn't want that, but he also doesn't know what do say or how things can improve. Maybe he'll get around to getting the blood test, but I don't know.He's also not happy that I mentioned I thought I was improving because I was only initiating half the times I want to...but I said that I can't take even more rejection. A lot of the time, I just don't bother anymore and that makes me sad. We're both not even 30 yet (can't say that after next month), I thought we'd be a bit more active in that area for a while yet! But I should be used to it by now, although we were a lot more regular, these issues have been these since even our honeymoon :(

I love juicing! DH and I both really like it and we got a juicer this spring, but we need to get back in the swing of doing it daily. It's a lot of effort to always be cleaning that darn thing.

As for the sex, I'm sorry he's not meeting your expectations. How long have you been married? Do you know if he masturbates a lot (sorry if that's too intimate)? I'm just wondering if his libido is very very low and he's just simply not interested in having sex that much, or if he is doing it for himself and therefore "making" himself disinterested when you are up for it. I hope you know what I mean!
Is there any way to get him into it when you try or has he just already decided that he's not feeling it tonight? I know for me, sometimes I'm not exactly feeling it but then after a little kissing/foreplay I wouldn't wanna stop! So sometimes it's just the getting started part that I'm not excited about.

Greygirl I know what you mean about dh agreeing to do something but not actually getting around to doing it. It drives me insane. Dh has depression which is part of our problem (in the bedroom and out of it!) and of course anti-depressant don't help. If you're anything like me the most frustrating thing is when you talk about something and it seems you've reached an agreement to try harder or something but then nothing changes.

The brunch was great. It was so nice just to talk to some other people. I texted dh afterwards to say I'm having some me time. So I'm not sitting in a coffee shop with a magazine!

I'm just hopping on here really quickly to say that we have picked a name for baby girl! :) We are naming her Holly. We haven't picked her middle name yet, but we are set on Holly as the first name now.
I managed to get my husband to go ahead and talk about it. ;) Anyway, I have to go to my workout class, but I just wanted to share that.

Holly is a really pretty name! =]

A bunch of my husbands co workers and well people I know bc I go to school there saw me yesterday and were really excited to tell me how much I'm showing. Lol. It was quite amusing. I also am really close to snapping at a girl in my class. She is a sophomore and instead of saying anything to me she stares at my stomach. Its really rude and I want to punch her lol.

Ugh. The snow is starting. They keep changing the stupid forecast. So now it's anywhere from 1-maybe 6 inches of snow. I hate driving in the snow and I have home health visits today. One from 9am-11am and one from 5pm-8pm. I don't think it will be that bad in the next two hours, maybe a dusting of the roads if it starts to become more heavy. But who knows about tonight. I guess I'll have DH take me there and pick me up if it's bad. The person for the home health visit lives up a winding hill...

This is what we are dealing with today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member